• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2016 Surgeries

Yes. Welcome. There are a few of us having surgery in November.
I'm having a sleeve. What made you choose a band? How are you feeling? I keep having waves of different emotions but thankfully I'm more excited than anything else.

Hi Thanks for the welcome.
I'm having mine private via Health insurance where I pay 25% and they pay the other 75% they don't offer the sleeve only the band or the bypass to be honest both the sleeve and the bypass feel a bit extreme and invasive for me and after my consultations the team thought a band was best for me.

I'm feeling OK generally although I'm struggling on the milk diet to be honest and feeling lightheaded and a bit sick at times but Im hoping it will all be worth it in the end.

When I got home, I found that gravity wasn't my friend! When I stood up, everything seemed to sink a little internally and I felt every movement. Turning over in bed was a nightmare, but my mum, who was staying with me, went out and bought a shed load of pillows and I propped myself up with them, in bed and on the sofa

Hi Thanks for the welcome.
I'm having mine private via Health insurance where I pay 25% and they pay the other 75% they don't offer the sleeve only the band or the bypass to be honest both the sleeve and the bypass feel a bit extreme and invasive for me and after my consultations the team thought a band was best for me.

I'm feeling OK generally although I'm struggling on the milk diet to be honest and feeling lightheaded and a bit sick at times but Im hoping it will all be worth it in the end.

That sounds fantastic re the insurance!
Totally get where you're coming from re how invasive sleeve/bypass are. I know I'd cheat the band.

Good luck on the milk diet - I think I've been very lucky as I've been allowed a bowl of veg soup per day.

When I got home, I found that gravity wasn't my friend! When I stood up, everything seemed to sink a little internally and I felt every movement. Turning over in bed was a nightmare, but my mum, who was staying with me, went out and bought a shed load of pillows and I propped myself up with them, in bed and on the sofa

Brill advice!

That sounds fantastic re the insurance!
Totally get where you're coming from re how invasive sleeve/bypass are. I know I'd cheat the band.

Good luck on the milk diet - I think I've been very lucky as I've been allowed a bowl of veg soup per day.

Thank you yes I think you are lucky although I'm allowed a cup of bovril each day which I didn't think I'd like but it's actually quite nice well I guess any things better than just milk.
When is your surgery? and how long are you on the diet mine is 14 days on the milk diet

Thank you yes I think you are lucky although I'm allowed a cup of bovril each day which I didn't think I'd like but it's actually quite nice well I guess any things better than just milk.
When is your surgery? and how long are you on the diet mine is 14 days on the milk diet

My operation is Friday 11th. Consultant only asked me to do 10 days on pre op diet but I'll have done 2 weeks come op day.

Not sure if this is the right place but I have my band op on the 15th finding the milk diet very tough going but hoping it will be worth it in the end!
Hi Damien. I'm also having my surgery on the 15th (sleeve), am going to Brno in Czech Republic, where are you having your surgery? My pre op diet is Slimfast and a Bovril, have also been feeling lightheaded but I find that drinking plenty of water helps.

Hi Damien. I'm also having my surgery on the 15th (sleeve), am going to Brno in Czech Republic, where are you having your surgery? My pre op diet is Slimfast and a Bovril, have also been feeling lightheaded but I find that drinking plenty of water helps.

Hi Thanks for replying I'm having mine in a private hospital in Harrow London I must admit I haven't been drinking much water so will try that and see if it helps is your diet for 14 days? I know you won't be seeing much of it but the Chezch Republic is very nice been there a few times not for any surgery though Did you decide on a sleeve by yourself or was it suggested?

Hi Thanks for replying I'm having mine in a private hospital in Harrow London I must admit I haven't been drinking much water so will try that and see if it helps is your diet for 14 days? I know you won't be seeing much of it but the Chezch Republic is very nice been there a few times not for any surgery though Did you decide on a sleeve by yourself or was it suggested?
The clinic where i'm having my surgery doesn't give a a specific diet just says NO sugar NO high fat for 3 weeks prior to surgery, so for the 1st week I ate mostly chicken and tuna salads now im doing the slimfast. I decided on the Sleeve after researching the various options. I f I were younger I might of gone for the band but as i'm getting on lol I think the sleeve is my best option. Would love to see some of the city but as im going on my own I decided to go the day before surgery so sightseeing will have to wait til another time... when im nice and SLIM!

The clinic where i'm having my surgery doesn't give a a specific diet just says NO sugar NO high fat for 3 weeks prior to surgery, so for the 1st week I ate mostly chicken and tuna salads now im doing the slimfast. I decided on the Sleeve after researching the various options. I f I were younger I might of gone for the band but as i'm getting on lol I think the sleeve is my best option. Would love to see some of the city but as im going on my own I decided to go the day before surgery so sightseeing will have to wait til another time... when im nice and SLIM!

That sounds quite lucky to be able to vary the diet a little would certainly be nice.
Quite a scary thing I imagine going on your own for surgery in a foreign country well done you I don't think I could do it but having said that it will be for a life changing reason and that can only be great!

That sounds quite lucky to be able to vary the diet a little would certainly be nice.
Quite a scary thing I imagine going on your own for surgery in a foreign country well done you I don't think I could do it but having said that it will be for a life changing reason and that can only be great!
Yes it's not been too bad and I like the Slimfast shakes, alternating between beef and chicken Bovril which are nicer than I thought. Not feeling as hungry now as I did week one and am 7lb down so looking forward to seeing weight loss next week. A bit apprehensive about going on my own but in a way i'm quite looking forward to it. Are you having your op on NHS or going private.

Yes it's not been too bad and I like the Slimfast shakes, alternating between beef and chicken Bovril which are nicer than I thought. Not feeling as hungry now as I did week one and am 7lb down so looking forward to seeing weight loss next week. A bit apprehensive about going on my own but in a way i'm quite looking forward to it. Are you having your op on NHS or going private.

That's great that your looking forward to it. it will be the start of a new life.
Mine is private via my health insurance so I pay 25% and they pay the other 75% so happy about that

@JakkiD good luck tomorrow!!
What time do you have to be at the Alex?

Hi @MrsN they initially told me 8am but my op isnt until the afternoon and ive had all my bloods done already so theyre ringing me back this afternoon to let me know if I can go in later, id rather take my girls to school then head in x

Hi @MrsN they initially told me 8am but my op isnt until the afternoon and ive had all my bloods done already so theyre ringing me back this afternoon to let me know if I can go in later, id rather take my girls to school then head in x
Yeah I'd like to do the same too. It's weird but I don't feel nervous at all.

Just spoke to the sister on the ward, I can go at 11.30, much better than a 5.30 get up :) Not that I think ill get much sleep!!
Good luck tomorrow JakkiD i won't deny its a roller coaster but I know this was the only decision for me for to ensure I have a future with my boy. Keep talking to others their and here to get you through it. Wishing you lots of hugs xx and making room for you on that bench ;)

Good to hear from you! Congratulations and well done. Hope you continue to do well x
Hey Iwannabeslimagain good luck for tomorrow and wishing a speedy few days. Each day for me is getting easier too and only 5 days post op. It is hard to explain but you know this is a start of a new chance of a better life all around. You will be in my thoughts tomorrow lots of hugs xx and sip sip sip

Good luck tomorrow JakkiD i won't deny its a roller coaster but I know this was the only decision for me for to ensure I have a future with my boy. Keep talking to others their and here to get you through it. Wishing you lots of hugs xx and making room for you on that bench ;)
It doesnt take much to get me emotional today but in an exciting way the 'making room on the bench' comment made it seem so real, thankyou x

Back