• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2016 Surgeries

Not long now guys!

How are you feeling @MrsN i selfishly forget to ask as my minds so full of my own fluff and stuff x

I'm feeling good. Really positive and just want it done now. Probably blocking out some of my fear! Just trying to sort practical things out with kids etc - I just wish I knew how I was going to feel after the op. Pre op is on Tuesday and I've loads of questions.

I'm feeling good. Really positive and just want it done now. Probably blocking out some of my fear! Just trying to sort practical things out with kids etc - I just wish I knew how I was going to feel after the op. Pre op is on Tuesday and I've loads of questions.
Well hopefully wednesday Ill be able to tell you just how it feels :)

Hello Novemeber Sleevers

I am now home and sleeved! Got home yesterday evening. The operation was fast just under an hour but took 2 hours in recovery due to not coming round. Had low oxygen levels for 24hrs and needed oxygen. Was up and could walk with help second day and walk small steps from yesterday and today. Yes there is pain but yes well worth it. I am glad I just woke up! Will catch up again later but wanted to touch base and thank you all for your well wishes xx

Glad it went well and you are home, remember to take things easy, lots of healing going on inside!

Hello Novemeber Sleevers

I am now home and sleeved! Got home yesterday evening. The operation was fast just under an hour but took 2 hours in recovery due to not coming round. Had low oxygen levels for 24hrs and needed oxygen. Was up and could walk with help second day and walk small steps from yesterday and today. Yes there is pain but yes well worth it. I am glad I just woke up! Will catch up again later but wanted to touch base and thank you all for your well wishes xx
Hi Want2b3 Have been anxiously waiting to hear how things went for you so glad to hear all went well x Take it easy !

Hello Novemeber Sleevers

Good to hear from you! Congratulations and well done. Hope you continue to do well x

Glad it went well and you are home, remember to take things easy, lots of healing going on inside!
What she said :)
Welcome to the losers bench :woohoo:

Hello Novemeber Sleevers

Fantastic - glad to hear you're home safe and well. Take care of yourself the next few days. Looking forward to the road to being slim, fit and healthy with fellow November sleevers.

Thank you all for your replies. Still in pain and discomfort. I am possibly in more pain due to not able to have pain relief normally given due to my asthma and sleep apnea. But pain is not unbearable just on twisting or standing. My stomach was huge eek! So needed bigger inisicion and muscle needed stitching so yes more pain than most. The stitches are soluble so will take dressings off Tuesday or Wednesday. Only 5 port sites very small. Take Calpol morning and night. Pottering around for a few minutes every half hour to keep circulation going and on injections oncE a day. No drain was needed hooray! Head a bit muzzy maybe the lansopranol have that twice a day.

Lucky I got a leather office chair to sit in with cushion as sofa too low and sleep sitting up re my breathing. Had my first shower this morning which makes me feel so much better. Just lifting a cushion can pull so taking it very easy.

My mum has taken my son to church had space to come on this morning.

I did spend up to the time I was having the op should I shouldn't I have to op? This mainly because of the aneasetic and fear of not waking up. I had an egg free anesthetic. My oxygen levels low due to asmatha only. I sat up and took deep breaths and O2 sat level were 90 went to 96 over 2 days then without oxygen. I had no sickness or headaches and the side effects were minimal. Some ladies for other ops were really sick. My BP was great throughout! I stayed rather calm after op this helps with breathing. The surgeon did say it was my breathing problems not my weight was a concern but still low risk.

I was able to sip through 2 cups of water that night after afternoon surgery and managing 750 Mls of water 3 half cups of tea 2 clear soups with milk and marvel and 2 options made with marvel and milk since which. I am happy with. My mum is getting readybrek today for me. Unable to try thicker yogurts or jelly yet but only 4 days.

I did sleep for most of the 24 hrs after surgery and I needed obs checked 2hourly because of oxygen levels. I did manage to get up for a wee in the night and 2 nurses walked me re drip for 24 hrs too. IV paracetamol first 24hrs was fast acting and fab. I got up and walked alone to toilet next day. I wish I had brought a long nightie as hard to pull pants up and down first day after op. But ok now. Each day getting a bit easier.

One lovely lady next to me had her band removed. It had been done privately and it was so tight she would vomit with water and had misery for a long a time. She will heal and may have sleeve. I don't blame her if she does.

This was the right decision for me it is very unusual and new not to feel hungry at all! All I am thinking about is the future and what hairstyle and looking at clothes but will not buy any for a few months. I had a sneaky weigh in this morning and down to 18st 12lbs but Tuesday is my weigh day so will weight then and update. But been a few years since I was in 18s yay!

Wonder how long the pain on standing lasts for? Big tip breath out as I stand up reduces the pain.

It was a wonderful ward and staff so caring and helpful which made my stay alone their really lovely. however I have made a few friends on the way whilst in their which is fab!

Oh my surgeon said pain was good because it tells me when to stop, where pain killers mask pain and you could overdo things. Sorry to go on about the pain and discomfort but it is getting easier each day and only when I stand or twist. So try not to twist.

I just want to thank you lovely losers who has given me tips on afte4 surgery I could not have done it without your support guys! Also nice to know I am not alone with Novemeber Newbies. I was a bit nervous going first lol. Who is next on the Novemeber list? I went first and very happy I did it. Let's keep strong get through it together and be on the losers bench together. Xx

Hi All I have my Band op on the 15th with pre assement on the 9th finding the milk diet very hard but hoping it will be worth it in the end

Not sure if this is the right place but I have my band op on the 15th finding the milk diet very tough going but hoping it will be worth it in the end!

Thank you all for your replies. Still in pain and discomfort. I am possibly in more pain due to not able to have pain relief normally given due to my asthma and sleep apnea. But pain is not unbearable just on twisting or standing. My stomach was huge eek! So needed bigger inisicion and muscle needed stitching so yes more pain than most. The stitches are soluble so will take dressings off Tuesday or Wednesday. Only 5 port sites very small. Take Calpol morning and night. Pottering around for a few minutes every half hour to keep circulation going and on injections oncE a day. No drain was needed hooray! Head a bit muzzy maybe the lansopranol have that twice a day.

Lucky I got a leather office chair to sit in with cushion as sofa too low and sleep sitting up re my breathing. Had my first shower this morning which makes me feel so much better. Just lifting a cushion can pull so taking it very easy.

My mum has taken my son to church had space to come on this morning.

I did spend up to the time I was having the op should I shouldn't I have to op? This mainly because of the aneasetic and fear of not waking up. I had an egg free anesthetic. My oxygen levels low due to asmatha only. I sat up and took deep breaths and O2 sat level were 90 went to 96 over 2 days then without oxygen. I had no sickness or headaches and the side effects were minimal. Some ladies for other ops were really sick. My BP was great throughout! I stayed rather calm after op this helps with breathing. The surgeon did say it was my breathing problems not my weight was a concern but still low risk.

I was able to sip through 2 cups of water that night after afternoon surgery and managing 750 Mls of water 3 half cups of tea 2 clear soups with milk and marvel and 2 options made with marvel and milk since which. I am happy with. My mum is getting readybrek today for me. Unable to try thicker yogurts or jelly yet but only 4 days.

I did sleep for most of the 24 hrs after surgery and I needed obs checked 2hourly because of oxygen levels. I did manage to get up for a wee in the night and 2 nurses walked me re drip for 24 hrs too. IV paracetamol first 24hrs was fast acting and fab. I got up and walked alone to toilet next day. I wish I had brought a long nightie as hard to pull pants up and down first day after op. But ok now. Each day getting a bit easier.

One lovely lady next to me had her band removed. It had been done privately and it was so tight she would vomit with water and had misery for a long a time. She will heal and may have sleeve. I don't blame her if she does.

This was the right decision for me it is very unusual and new not to feel hungry at all! All I am thinking about is the future and what hairstyle and looking at clothes but will not buy any for a few months. I had a sneaky weigh in this morning and down to 18st 12lbs but Tuesday is my weigh day so will weight then and update. But been a few years since I was in 18s yay!

Wonder how long the pain on standing lasts for? Big tip breath out as I stand up reduces the pain.

It was a wonderful ward and staff so caring and helpful which made my stay alone their really lovely. however I have made a few friends on the way whilst in their which is fab!

Oh my surgeon said pain was good because it tells me when to stop, where pain killers mask pain and you could overdo things. Sorry to go on about the pain and discomfort but it is getting easier each day and only when I stand or twist. So try not to twist.

I just want to thank you lovely losers who has given me tips on afte4 surgery I could not have done it without your support guys! Also nice to know I am not alone with Novemeber Newbies. I was a bit nervous going first lol. Who is next on the Novemeber list? I went first and very happy I did it. Let's keep strong get through it together and be on the losers bench together. Xx

Great update and sounds like you're doing fab! It's very early days so you're right to take it easy!
Sounds like you've had a good team who've given you lots of info on how surgery went etc which is great.
Looking forward to joining you on the losers bench next week.

Not sure if this is the right place but I have my band op on the 15th finding the milk diet very tough going but hoping it will be worth it in the end!

Yes. Welcome. There are a few of us having surgery in November.
I'm having a sleeve. What made you choose a band? How are you feeling? I keep having waves of different emotions but thankfully I'm more excited than anything else.

Back