• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2016 Surgeries

Hi Damien I arrived in Brno about 5 o'clock, am now at a hotel for tonight and I'll be taken to the clinic for 7am, lots of pre op test including the dreaded endoscopy and if all is well surgery in the afternoon. Best of luck for tomorrow hope all goes well for you.

Good luck! How come you have to have an endoscopy?

@Dollydot you must have got off the plane that I got on then. Hope you had a better flight than I did, we sat on the ground for about an hour before we were allowed to go.

I'd be interested to know what hotel you stayed in on the first night too. I went with the one that was recommended by SurGal, and had a terrible night with no sleep. After I left the clinic I then spent 3 nights in Hotel Barcelo, which was lovely...but at a cost, which I would do again.

Good luck tomorrow, the gastroscopy is over quickly

Thank you all I have had a lovely day - will see what they say tomorrow but throat feels a lot better. Saw my son on facetime fast asleep at his sisters, and he looks so tiny even though he is seven. Gonna try and get some sleep have to be up at 5am x

Hiya, thanks I'm ok at the moment just be glad once it's done. Glad you are feeling ok after your op, keep me posted on how you're doing over the next few weeks, good luck.

I know what you mean - I waited around so long the day of surgery I just wanted it over! I'm feeling ok and glad I did it so far. We'll all have to help each other through the next few weeks.

@MrsN how are you getting on? What sort of fluids have you been having so far?[/QUOTE] @Chill yesterday was more difficult as I really started to feel the restriction but I managed 500ml NAS juice throughout the first half of the day then about 350ml in the evening of the same. Roughly. For 'breakfast' I had 250ml options drink with added marvel for protein. I tried tomato soup watered down with milk for lunch and it was a disaster. My stomach couldn't handle it and it hurt. Managed maybe 4 teaspoons but I think it may have been too acidic. For 'tea' I had about 250mls of a protein shake - there were 330mls in the bottle but I couldn't face it all. Need to focus on keeping up my water/NAS intake and I think the rest will come.

I feel very well no problems with liquid diet ... lets see the weight drop off

Fantastic!! Glad the surgery went well and you're feeling ok. I presume you're home?

Massive good luck to everyone having their surgery today. Be sure to come back and let us know you're safe and on the other side.

@MrsN are you buying ready
Made protein shakes? I saw a couple in the chilled section at Tesco last night but didn't know if they would be ok or not

@MrsN are you buying ready
Made protein shakes? I saw a couple in the chilled section at Tesco last night but didn't know if they would be ok or not

Yeah I've got one called UFit or something like that. They have 20g of protein. The sugar is too high really but I figured it's only for this liquid stage then I won't use them again and would rather make sure I'm getting some protein otherwise I may fall over! Also added milk powder to an options drink yesterday which was fine too.

Quick question for anyone post op:

How many of you have gone into ketosis? I was a bit concerned about my fluid intake based on the colour of my pee, then did some sums and realised my water intake is more than enough. So I started looking elsewhere, and (sorry for the tmi) popcorn smelling pee can be a sign of diabetes. I didn't have diabetes before the surgery so I started thinking about the other things that are related to that.

One of them is ketosis, anyone who has ever done Atkins, paleo, or Keto diets will know about ketones. I did keto last year and lost a lot of weight, and also had some Keto stix left over.

So I checked my ketone level and it's super high. Presumably this is a result of the strict diet pre and post surgery? Is there any danger to staying in ketosis or should I try to force myself out of it? I'm aware of the fat burning advantages, but when I was on keto diet I never had ketone levels this high.

Hmmm, that wasn't as quick as I thought it would be, sorry.

I have test strips and my ketone levels are high and can only image they will stay that way now with low carbs ... my pee has been fantastic change in colour... but my wind has gone!!

Quick question for anyone post op:

How many of you have gone into ketosis? I was a bit concerned about my fluid intake based on the colour of my pee, then did some sums and realised my water intake is more than enough. So I started looking elsewhere, and (sorry for the tmi) popcorn smelling pee can be a sign of diabetes. I didn't have diabetes before the surgery so I started thinking about the other things that are related to that.

One of them is ketosis, anyone who has ever done Atkins, paleo, or Keto diets will know about ketones. I did keto last year and lost a lot of weight, and also had some Keto stix left over.

So I checked my ketone level and it's super high. Presumably this is a result of the strict diet pre and post surgery? Is there any danger to staying in ketosis or should I try to force myself out of it? I'm aware of the fat burning advantages, but when I was on keto diet I never had ketone levels this high.

Hmmm, that wasn't as quick as I thought it would be, sorry.
I thought I had a urine infection in hospital after but it was fine, so dark and sweet. I was in ketosis for 100 days on lighter life in past and lost 5 stone in that time. It is pure sign of fat burning mode. I was fine, but could not sustain it hence put weight back on again and more. This is why I am so very glad I have this tool to help it keep off!

Good luck! How come you have to have an endoscopy?
Thanks, apparently endoscopy is routine pre op procedure at this clinic. I have had one previously(they found a very small hiatus hernia) and itwas just horrendous so really nervous about having this one .

Back