• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2016 Surgeries

Hi All had my band on the 15th but wasn't good and had a hemmeroge which the consultant said was from a previous open gall bladder removel I had to be put under again yesterday and he closed it off and drained out over a litre of blood and said he may have to remove the band.
Luckily I've still got it and he didn't have to just come home he said recovery will be quiet a bit slower was not what I was expecting at all but hoping I'm OK.
Hope everyone else's went well

@Damienw1 just seen your post in the other November thread. That thread is a few years old and this is the current one.
Goodness it sounds like you've been through an ordeal!!!! Make sure you take it very easy!!!

Your toilet habits will change anyway due to the extreme diet, and you're putting a lot less in, so less will also come out. The big drop in carbs is where most of that comes from.

That said, keeping things moving is good, I find milk of magnesia easy, and it also has the added effect of calming any heart burn too.

Hi All had my band on the 15th but wasn't good and had a hemmeroge which the consultant said was from a previous open gall bladder removel I had to be put under again yesterday and he closed it off and drained out over a litre of blood and said he may have to remove the band.
Luckily I've still got it and he didn't have to just come home he said recovery will be quiet a bit slower was not what I was expecting at all but hoping I'm OK.

Thats not good news we hope that things can be sorted .. keep us informed

Hi Dolly.
Good to hear from you and welcome to the other side. Sorry to hear about the sickness - hopefully they've given you plenty of anti sick meds. I know I needed loads!
It's hard getting those fluids in the first few days but it does get easier.
Take good care of yourself.
Thanks@MrsN its great to be on the other side ! Yes have had plenty anti sickness meds and lots of painkiller .Finally managed the required 5 cups of water by 10 ish last night ,who knew it would be so difficult to just drink some water . Anyway im feeling better already and am able to stand up straight now the pain has eased off. Can't wait to get home.

Sorry to hear that things didnt go as planned for you.I'm sure you'll be ok especially as they've let you home already .Rest and take it easy.

Week 1 weigh in 6lb gone forever.

@Damienw1 sorry to hear things didn't go to plan

@MrsN 6lb is great after 1 week!

I am feeling so tired! I'm looking forward to getting home and not being disturbed hourly for obs and blood sugar being tested! My poor fingers look like pin cushions!

Any news on @maggy yet?

Fantastic @MrsN isnt it great knowing that at last it is gone 'forever' :D

It really is. I was a little disappointed at first. Crazy hey! But then I put it into perspective. 1st 9lb since meeting consultant just over 4 weeks ago.

@Chill i was shattered the first day but it got better each day and today I feel almost normal other than a slight twinge near my largest incision site. Very strange to think I've had major surgery.
No news for @maggy yet I don't think. Fingers crossed all ok!

@maggy fantastic news! Rest up!!

Thanks everyone. Am feeling good - just had pain meds half an hour ago ;) And sipping sipping sipping. The surgeon said I could go home today but the nurse thoughT I should stay another night. Just for access to meds and them. Sounds good to me. I've been getting up occasionally to walk the length of the ward but mostly sleeping. Good to be on the losers bench. Surgeon was very pleased at the outcome so all my worries were for nothing.

@Damienw1 - so sorry to hear you're having it tough. Hope it starts getting sorted soon.

Back