• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

O.M.G NO

carol150

past my goal down to 11st
hi all was just in town taking to some one that had the bypass last year and am now really worried as they say they are now putting the weight back on and this really freaked me out .how can you put it back on? am now afraid to eat now i cant go through all this for nothing.i don't understand it because if i eat to much i am sick.he said he just noticed he had to eat more to be full and now he is putting the weight back on :eek: anyone else had this problem please let me know

There was a post about this yesterday Carol.

Unfortunately, a percentage of bypassers will regain some or all of the weight they have lost if they dont follow the bypass rules for life or if they return to their old habits.

A small amount of regain is probably to be expected in most people as they reach their goals and start eating more to be able to maintain. Its a real balancing act and we have quite a few bypassers at this stage at the moment.

I think it's that psychological thing we've all experienced when on a diet... once we reach target weight we think we can relax and start eating again as all the hard work is over. And how many times have we put it all back on... and more!

Sam is right, we need to do this for life if we are to succeed and not regain weight.

I'm guessing like with most diets that the maintenance is the hardest thing!

This needs to be a stark reminder to everyone to remember the rules and follow them...

xxxx

Its easy to put the weight back on if we push the amount we eat and eat the wrong types of food. The op only works long term if you help it!

Back