• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

October bandsters

Sorry to hear you've got the wind pain hon. I'm afraid that's worse than the actual incision pain!

That is normal and it does get better!

Take deflatine (chew very well!) and move about. Going up ad down the stairs works wonders. Get someone to pat your back, that was what worked best for me. Sit on your knees on the floor and rest your elbows on the sofa, i found that the most comfortable position, so weird!!! Peppermint tea helps apparently but it makes me gag I hate it so much :(

It WILL get better, hang in there! xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Just managed to eat a cod in butter sauce liquidised, couldn't get to the potato or peas as already full up! Think I'm still suffering with wind rolling around the stomach. This time I recognised the full feeling like a chest ache in back too, and I had to take a breath - straight away I stopped.
Feel really satisfied, but only managing to take in about 400-500 cals a day. Any suggestions? Shall I try drinking milk in between or is that ok as not very mobile at moment?

Or the first week or so they say don't worry about the calories but try to get liquids down so you don't get dehydrated. I couldn't manage more than 250-300 kcal a day in the first week, now upped it to 500ish in the last couple of days. Still alive :) xxx

Thanks Tobi, that's good to hear. My provider wants me to eat baby food consistency and said not to have liquid food, I looked at my plate today and nearly panicked, I feel far too bruised and swollen for sloppies atm!
Going to try the milk and shakes again for a few days. :) x

Thanks Tobi, that's good to hear. My provider wants me to eat baby food consistency and said not to have liquid food, I looked at my plate today and nearly panicked, I feel far too bruised and swollen for sloppies atm!
Going to try the milk and shakes again for a few days. :) x

I don't know how you're doing it! I can just about get down half a cup-a-soup but it isn't feeling good! I have no idea when I'm full or not at the moment, probably because of the bloating and discomfort. Hoping this is normal and will sort itself out... think it is!

It's all normal it's just because its only just been done, give it a few weeks and you ll be fine the hunger soon comes back sorry if that sounds off putting its not ment too just ment when ur healed ur hunger comes back x

I don't know how you're doing it! I can just about get down half a cup-a-soup but it isn't feeling good! I have no idea when I'm full or not at the moment, probably because of the bloating and discomfort. Hoping this is normal and will sort itself out... think it is!

It is normal hon and I was the same. At this point, try to keep sipping so you don't get dehydrated. I could only manage 1/3 or 1/4 cup of anything at a time. Take breaks between sips too, that helps.

May I recommend having clear-ish home made soups? You need protein to heal and if you're having ready made soups, they are not very nutritious. Just make a simple stock, cool it down, remove the solidified fat and drink that.

I avoided tea, coffee etc at this point because I could drink very little and that I preferred to fill myself up with something more useful. xxx

From my own experience - I focused on getting enough protein in my system - rather than calories. 60g of protein per day is the minimum - and this can come in the form of a low carb/low fat protein shake (250ml have approx 25g of protein) - or the use of skimmed milk powder in pretty much every meal. I spent most of the first week drinking smoothies which consisted of - milk - milk powder - a handful of fruits - blitz them - sieve them - and enjoy :)
Once the first week is over - you will feel practically normal, and will be able to fit in a lot more tiny meals in the day.
Hope you are all doing great!
S xx

I was told by my nurse not to worry about protein too much untill start on mushy stage first 3 weeks to consentrate on fluids

Don't know if I mentioned this, can't be bothered to go over 11 pages of posts (!) so I'll just say my op is tomorrow, at Heartlands. I'm having a band with Mr Super. Here's hoping it's trouble free.

LucretiaUK said:
Don't know if I mentioned this, can't be bothered to go over 11 pages of posts (!) so I'll just say my op is tomorrow, at Heartlands. I'm having a band with Mr Super. Here's hoping it's trouble free.

Good luck Hun xxx

Good luck :)

I had Superman too, he is really good :) good luck!! X

Good luck!

Happy times! 1 pound loss to go and I'll be in the 15's! I was 17.13 when I started. 16.13 2 days before op and now weigh 16.0.25

Really happy with my loss but niggling worried the surgeon will have expected more. I go for my 1st fill on 9th Nov. nothing in my band atm.

Back