• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OH in intensive care

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a terrible time you are both having. You are in my thoughts.
Try to look after yourself through this very stressful time.

Well the latest, went and spoke to the surgeon today they have had to remove the oesophagus, the top bit they have cut through his neck the bottom bit is in his stomach, they have attached a peg feed into stomach. In six months time they are going to take a piece of his colon and make a new oesophagus, they are going to try and wake him up tomorrow x

My stepdad had the same operation - he had cancer in the osophagus. He's doing really well at the moment. It is truely amazing what they can do these days!

Hope things go well x

Im so sorry for you and hubby, I can only imagine how worried you must be. I hope your hubby recovers very soon. Please look after you too, he will need you to be well (HUGS) XX

I have just read your post on FB Cheeky bum..
I really am speechless about what had happened with OH..
My Thoughts and prayers are with you both.
stay strong hun.... x x x

Thanks guys the support from you all is fantastic, just wish the in laws would stop being arses and stop going over my head with things xx

Reactions: Bev
I'm so sorry for you and your poor hubby. What a horrendous time you're going through, both of you. You're in my prayers. I hope he is able to be woken up tomorrow.
I'm sorry to hear about your in-laws too. What you need right now is understanding, love and support.
I'm praying you get it.
Love Grace xxx

O my gosh what a hurrendos time, is he awake now? I truely hope things work out ok I'm sending my love xx

Thinking of you and OH cheekybum! Anxious to hear some good news soon. Hope your inlaws are supportive and encouraging in this difficult time! You've got enough to deal with as it is. xx

He is awake obviously confused and sleepy playing nurses up on ITU, spoke to Whittington, as they want him back there when he is stable enough due to royal London not being a Bariatric hospital, if I hear one more time that he is a large patient I am going to scream! Apart from it all he is a bit better will be back to see him on Monday as there is no transport over Christmas. At least that means the inlaws can't get up there either x

Aww Im so pleased he is awake, he will probably be better being transferred to his original hospital. I hope he continues to inprove and things start to get a bit better for you both. Thinking of you both (HUGS) XX

That's such good news Cheeky. It's totally spoilt your Christmas, but your hubby recovering safely is the main thing now eh?
God bless lovey. I'm thinking of you.
Grace xxx

So glad he's awake! Keeping you both in my thoughts. Hopefully he'll continue to get better from here xx

What a journey you have both been on these past few days, I hope things continue to go the right way and you have your soul mate back home again.

sending you peace and love at this traumatic time xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So glad to hear he's awake he's had a rough time and u to, let's hope Its a road onward and upwards to a full recovery all the best sweets xxxxx

SO glad to hear that he is now awake x I hope he continues to improve and that your outlaws can be more supportive.

Hope you`re ok too Xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back