• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Well I am back and here comes the truth.

ladylite

Well went in on Monday got there for 11.30am. We were shown to my room from reception by a gentleman in a smart uniform. In we goes, tellie, fridge, wet room, towels bathrobe, bloodly hell, I thought I was on holiday, even the old man was impressed.

Settled down for seemed like forever with lots of people coming to see me, the anethatist, phisio and then Shaw Somers came. I must say he definately looks better in real life.

3.30pm off I go to the theatre, and the rest is history. Unfortunately I had to go to intensive care only as a caution cause my blood satuation was low. The only thing was they told hubbie I had trouble with my breathing and had gone down to ICU and would get him when I was settled, but they didnt go to him for another 2 hours. He was besides himself, bless him. Probably thinking he had wasted his money (only joking):cool:

The night in the ICU was the longest I have ever spent, not cause I was in any pain or anything like that, I just woke up. what I thought was once and hour, but it would only be once every 10 mins or so. The worse thing was having really dry fat tongue and mouth, but they regularly supplied with those pink lollipop things to refresh me.

I did say I would come clean, I can say I have not suffered any pain whatsoever. I have been uncomfortable and today I am very windy, but other than that I am totally amazed how painless it was and is. Everyone is amazed too, expecting me to hobble home looking injured.

I am still coming to terms with not stuffing my face, as I am missing this now because it is final, but I am not hungry. It is up to me now to use this tool that I have been lucky to have been given and make the best of it.

I am sure there are going to be many downs as well as ups but I will work through them as they come.

By the way I lost 5 kilos on the 10 day milk diet, not bad.:D:D

Oh and I have had the scales removed.:rolleyes:

Thankyou for your good wishes everyone.:)

Glad everything went well xxx

It's lovely to have you back Mary...

Word of wisdom, just because you are feeling so well don't be overdoing it. It is still major surgery and your body needs time to get over the trauma...

Looking forward to seeing you all slinky n sexy in a few months time... x

I will heed your caution Julie and make the most of it.:rolleyes:

Welcome back Mary, wishing you a speedy recovery x

Good to have you back Mary, and glad you have been pain free. Excellent advice from Julie, just because you feel well it doesnt mean you are. Get plenty of rest.

Good lucky on your journey Mary. I'm sure your wicked sense of humour will see you through any hiccups along the way :)

Hi Mary - welcome to the losers' bench ! Glad you had a pain free experience too, but take it easy now won't you ? I didn't need any pain relief in hospital and thought that would continue once I was home but now I'm more active I find I do need the paracetamol.

Back