• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

On the way to being slim

Kag

Hello, Im on the way to having my weight loss surgery soon hopefully, on nhs.ive just filled out all the bits and bobs and returning them today to the hospital.hopefully I’ll get a date soon to meet the surgeon. Eeeeek nervous but excited at the same time.

Hi and welcome. Keep posting and updating xx

Reactions: Kag
Hi Irene,have you had your surgery now? I’m 5ft 2” currently weigh 16 stone!...when I began my journey last June I weighed in at 17stone 4lb,I am hoping to to get the sleeve.x

Hi Hun I’m 5”2 and was 14.7 but had lost a little before I joined this forum. Having my bypass tomorrow :) Have you been told how long you have left to wait? Xx

I’ve just last week returned my diet sheets back to the hospital,and did the phycology on line so could be at least three months before I even get an appt to meet with the surgeon .so probably be feb /March time I expect........
Wishing you all the best for tomorrow.look forward to hearing your progress.other people have said it’s important to walk as soon as you can.chap stick is recommended to. Hope all goes well for you. Xx

I’ve just last week returned my diet sheets back to the hospital,and did the phycology on line so could be at least three months before I even get an appt to meet with the surgeon .so probably be feb /March time I expect........
Wishing you all the best for tomorrow.look forward to hearing your progress.other people have said it’s important to walk as soon as you can.chap stick is recommended to. Hope all goes well for you. Xx

Oh it will go over in a blink hun we’re nearly in August now Great time to research all you need This forum is brilliant lots of support and helpful advice.

Thank you that’s really kind x. Oh I will be up and chomping at the bit to be out lol. Had 3 sections a hysterectomy and 2 other big abdominal surgeries. I was a lot younger but I’m still a tough old bird will remember to pack my lip balm :) xx

Where are you having your op? X

Hi

Spire Washington. I’ve gone private cost an arm and a leg but I’ve not got time to wait I’m 57 with a fair few health problems. So sold my soul to the devil sort of speak and bit the bullet xx

Hi

Spire Washington. I’ve gone private cost an arm and a leg but I’ve not got time to wait I’m 57 with a fair few health problems. So sold my soul to the devil sort of speak and bit the bullet xx
I know what you mean I’m 60 and I’ve got health issues also had hysterectomy,you have to do what you must to make life that much better.lol I don’t think you’ve sold your soul to the devil though lol.sleep well tonight new life ahead starting.

Hi Kag and welcome, I’m 5ft 2.5 and started this journey weighing 16 stone 7lb, I had my bypass April 5th at Luton and I’m feeling great, please keep in touch we love to follow journeys and we can all support each other xx

I know what you mean I’m 60 and I’ve got health issues also had hysterectomy,you have to do what you must to make life that much better.lol I don’t think you’ve sold your soul to the devil though lol.sleep well tonight new life ahead starting.

Ah life is so blooming difficult at times for us X thank you sweets xx

Hi Kag and welcome, I’m 5ft 2.5 and started this journey weighing 16 stone 7lb, I had my bypass April 5th at Luton and I’m feeling great, please keep in touch we love to follow journeys and we can all support each other xx
Hi ,thanks for you welcome, I’m liking what I’m reading so far it’s so nice that there is such support for us that need it.
How are you doing after the by pass? Did you have any worries or did all go smoothly? X

I'm similar to the other ladies having had hysterectomy 18 years ago though
I was 64 when I had my bypass 18 months ago lost almost 9 at, best thing ever done!

Amazing well done you :). So pleased you have posted xx

Hi ,thanks for you welcome, I’m liking what I’m reading so far it’s so nice that there is such support for us that need it.
How are you doing after the by pass? Did you have any worries or did all go smoothly? X
It is a great place to be, we all understand even the trivia things which to anyone who hasn’t suffered with weight issues would seem ridiculous.
I’m doing fine thank you, wls is just a tool and we absolutely must work with it because it’s not a miracle cure or magic wand, I try hard to work with mine (named Percy the pouch) and I was done to 11stine 3lb 2 weeks ago, currently in Aruba (Percy’s first holiday) I put a stone on in Mauritius last year (my last pre-op holiday) I will weigh in at work on tueyand see how I’ve dine this time, I’ve been really disciplined with food but found that Percy I don’t reject alcohol so have had a couple of drinks each day.
I did need 8 weeks off work due to extreme lethargy about 3 weeks post-op but other than that I’ve been really good and I am so much happiwith my body.
Just keep reading diaries and researching and you will be well prepared xxx

I'm similar to the other ladies having had hysterectomy 18 years ago though
I was 64 when I had my bypass 18 months ago lost almost 9 at, best thing ever done!
Hello ,good to hear it’s the best thing you’ve ever done,I keep getting doubts whether it’s the right thing to do,loving everyone’s positivity.

Reactions: Kag
Back