• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

On the way to being slim

Hello ,good to hear it’s the best thing you’ve ever done,I keep getting doubts whether it’s the right thing to do,loving everyone’s positivity.

It is 100% the right thing to do.
Before I had my surgery, I was speaking with the nurse, his name was Steven, and he was trying to calm me down so he could take my blood pressure and heart rate and he said, tell me the down sides?...

I could only name one, and that was the fear I had. I wasnt scared of my band, or the recovery, but scared of the operation. There are no down sides. You're making a massive investment for your future. Taking obesity off your medical records and adding a good 10,15 or 20 extra years onto your life.

:) xxx

Hi all...first post. I had my first meeting with surgeon last week...he gave me a date for camera which is 4th September then told me it is up to 12 weeks later for surgery because there is 6 surgeons at Sunderland hospital. Do I need to do anything more ? Or do I just relax and wait now ?

Welcome, I had bypass last September at age 62 and truly the best th8ng I have ever done xx
Oh wow Maria!thatswonderful hope for me yet lol.i was thinking about the sleeve now I’m not to sure.i may not even have a choice but it’s good to know that it’s the best thing you’ve ever done x

Oh wow Maria!thatswonderful hope for me yet lol.i was thinking about the sleeve now I’m not to sure.i may not even have a choice but it’s good to know that it’s the best thing you’ve ever done x
I chose bypass as I have reflux and also I wanted it to stop me eating the sweet things I love so much. For me I can still tolerate sweet things but cannot tolerate alcohol so much any more. It is a strange thing as the restriction varies from time to time as does what you can tolerate eating, still learning xx

I chose bypass as I have reflux and also I wanted it to stop me eating the sweet things I love so much. For me I can still tolerate sweet things but cannot tolerate alcohol so much any more. It is a strange thing as the restriction varies from time to time as does what you can tolerate eating, still learning xx
Hi Maria,I don’t really suffer from reflux!however I do get indegestion quite badly at times.a few times the pain was so bad in my chest I thought I was having a heartattack lol although it wasn’t funny at the time sat up at the side of the bed belching in the middle of the night much to the horror of my husband.i suppose I should mention that when I get to meet with the surgeon.xx

Hi Maria,I don’t really suffer from reflux!however I do get indegestion quite badly at times.a few times the pain was so bad in my chest I thought I was having a heartattack lol although it wasn’t funny at the time sat up at the side of the bed belching in the middle of the night much to the horror of my husband.i suppose I should mention that when I get to meet with the surgeon.xx
Years ago I thought I had indigestion but turned out I had gallstones so be careful please xx

Hi Irene ,how are you feeling kept wondering how you were getting on yesterday.hope you are coping well,new life ahead now.x

Hi sweetheart. I’m on the mend thank you back then work xx

That’s good how was it all!was it better or worse than you had imagined? Xx

It wasn’t a walk in the park that’s for sure. There were some complications that neither the surgeon or myself knew about So a bit of a ruff time for the first week. But I’m definitely on the other side of it now and looking forward to lumpy food in two weeks time lol xx

It wasn’t a walk in the park that’s for sure. There were some complications that neither the surgeon or myself knew about So a bit of a ruff time for the first week. But I’m definitely on the other side of it now and looking forward to lumpy food in two weeks time lol xx
Oh sorry you had a rough time,but glad your feeling better now........it’s not an easy road to take but the benefits will out way the difficult start.i shall look forward to hearing about your weight loss and how you are progressing.i expect your dreaming of food lol and what your going to try first.............I know I would be have a good day Irene talk again soon x

Oh sorry you had a rough time,but glad your feeling better now........it’s not an easy road to take but the benefits will out way the difficult start.i shall look forward to hearing about your weight loss and how you are progressing.i expect your dreaming of food lol and what your going to try first.............I know I would be have a good day Irene talk again soon x

Thank you I’m on the right road now Indeed dreaming of lumpy stuff!! Yes and you keep posting hun then we can all support each other xx :)

Hello Irene how are you? Hope you are doing ok x

Hi sweets how you doing been quite for a while. :) I’m doing well thank you. My weight loss is slow but sure. Inches are definitely coming off. Work days are more manageable some days better than others but that’s fine I still struggle with all the tablets but some will get reduced when I get to six months post op (thankfully) Also struggling a little to get enough protein and cals in, but it will get better I keep trying:) xx

Hi and welcome, where will you be having your surgery Kag?

Hi ya I’m on the tier 4 still waiting to get a date but am having my surgery in st Richards hospital in chichester.x
Do you have any idea how much longer yoully have until your op?
I should hopefully move to tier 4 in November all being well.

Back