• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Oodles' Weekly Weigh In

Sounds like a very fruitful trip! I love shopping so much.

Weighed in this morning: 189lb/13st7lb! Crazy. I've not even been dieting. 2st left to a healthy BMI which was my goal when I signed up to this website. I never got a goal from my surgeon, but I think it was just more about getting the weight off... Any goals were too far away at that stage. Wore my skinny cropped jeans this weekend which I couldn't pull up a few weeks back! Again it crosses my mind how will I be able to stop losing weight... But I'll give myself a while to sort that. I have officially lost over half my original weight now. I used to be two of me which still blows my mind really.

As for the boy... Well I dunno. I'm basically now going to test him and wait for him to ask me out. I've made all the moves so far and am getting a bit bored. I would happily work from my parents for a couple of days next week just so I could see him! But I am damned if I'm going to run around after someone. He might be shy but he needs to have some gumption at some point because I don't want to be the one wearing the trousers. It's just not who I am! I mean how do I know if he likes me if he is too shy to say anything! So he needs to prove it to me now.

Another 2lb gone in the past week. I have under 2st to lose now to a healthy BMI. I'm now eating more carbs in order to slow it all down... Pasta bake, 2 slices of toast with marmalade (which made me dump dammit) and 1.5 jacket spuds in the past week! I also consumed a total of three sausage rolls this weekend. I had friends down and we went for a touristy London day on Sunday, with the open top buses. Best day ever! We took a picnic so I had said sausage roll and an apple. Then we cooked lasagne but I just took out some of the meat and kept the bolognese separate for me. Oh i also had an ice cream last night. And still lose 2lb?! It's crazy.

Oh and boy updates: he asked me out! I couldn't go, but I'm seeing him for breakfast on Saturday. We text or talk every day, it's lovely. But on Sunday (if I see him) I'm going to have to tell him. I'm not going to mention the surgery but just that I have lost weight. Then he has a week to think about whether or not he can deal with it. I spoke to my friends about it and then felt all emotional... I will totally understand if he doesn't want to see me again. But I will feel very sad. Sad that I should have waited til I'd had my surgery before embarking on dating stuff. Ah well, I'll let everyone know how it goes...

Please don't understand it if he dismisses you for choices you've made, you are worth more than that. You are the one who has had to put in all the hard work and gone through surgery to try and get healthier and to look after yourself. You have done nothing to feel guilty about x

Totally agree with Fee .
If he doesn't understand what you say and decides to turn tail and run then he is an ass and is a wrong un , in the worst way .. I don't think he is though .. What does your heart tell you ?
Congrats on the los again . Your doing so damn well .. And look what your doing in your life ! Picnics , London days out .. Would you have found excuses this time last year and not gone ?
Mindy
Xxxx

Thanks peeps. But it is a lot to take and because I feel so vile about it I wouldn't expect someone else to be fine. He wouldn't be a bad person for running away. He's not anyway. But because he's a good person I don't want to spring it on him in the moment itself and expect him to deal with it and then be grossed out but try to cover his tracks. You can't say someone's a bad person because they don't like something that you intentionally hid from them. It's me that's being selfish and dishonest in carrying on happy as Larry, which is why I have to tell him. I just need to see him again to figure out if I like him enough to share this with him, as it will have been 2 weeks since we saw each other at that point. In the olden days I was fine with how I looked underneath my clothes because from the outside, men knew what they were getting themselves into. Now it's all hidden and it's not a nice surprise lol! My heart says he will say he's fine with it, and then it will cool off. I'm just going to give him the space to run away in a dignified manner if he wants to, because he won't want to hurt my feelings.

I think , that you think , you look worse than you actually do ?
My hubby and I have been together for over 35 years now , I met him when I was a size 12 in tight jeans and boobs to die for ! Seriously good boobs ..
So he's never missed a beat while I got fat and he's never said a word about it either .. He just takes it in his stride and it's never put him off me , ever ..
Now with my weight dropping I am noticing my once tight skin is now moving a lot more and it's very wobbly .. Boobs are drooping that's for sure .. This i worry about .. Im going to have enough access skin to make a set of matching luggage ! Hahaha !
So I am beginning worry about how this is going to affect him when he's sees me naked , so I kind of know where your coming from ..
Do you have a close friend who will honestly tell you how you look in underwear ?
I dont know the actual answer for this my love , but just go with the flow and try not to stress about it . I know that will be hard , but maybe a few drinks will calm it all down ..
This will be that leap of faith you've been heading for ..
Mindy
Xxxx

Lovely 'hold it in and squish it flat' lingerie? Perfect. And mood lighting covers a multitude ...

It's not, but it's pretty :) we shall see if/how things develop!

He's doing eggs on homemade bread/toast for breakfast tomorrow. Um... Perhaps I'll just have a nibble. Stupid carbs.

Your staying for breakfast ? Boooooyeah !

Oh ok .. Rofll! See I jumped to conclusions .. Again .. I bet you stay ..
But he if he asks how you want your eggs ? Say unfertilised please .. :)

Unfertilised... LO Ha ha the oldies are the goodies...

Ok. Tomorrow is the day I tell him. He had bought me presents, asked me to go on holiday with him, invited me to meet his friends. I feel we are on the verge of coupledom. I've invited him to mine next weekend, so will tell him tomorrow and give him the week to decline my invitation.

I don't want to :(

I don't think it will be shocking news to him, he did say I don't eat much today. Plus he was all over my Spanx today. He must know. And he seems to genuinely like me, so perhaps he won't mind. I guess we will see!!

Also I need to start eating more. I appear to have lost another 2lb, my size 16 clothes are getting too big, and I've been eating jackets, toast and pasta. And butter with the potatoes and toast. I need to slow it down!!

I know your nervous I feel it for you to .. Just ask him not to say anything until you have told him .. My bet is he will just shrug his shoulders and say 'and?'

Last edited:
I will of course let you know :)

Went out for Japanese food tonight and stuffed my face. Not entirely sure how I managed it. Started with edamame and a piece of sushi, then a big bowl of noodles with chicken, tofu, veg, but left the noodles. Then we each had a scoop of black sesame seed ice cream. Absolutely delicious!! Oh and I got home and ate a pear... We'll see how/if that stays down!!

Back