• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Oodles' Weekly Weigh In

Hi lovely! When did you start getting hunger back?

Dunno really! I feel like for the past few months I've had to keep emergency food in my bag when out for the day as I come over a bit funny.

Update on the op: looks like I have to push it back to July :( the boy broke his collarbone at the weekend, he has to go in for an op tomorrow. He won't be recovered enough to look after me. So... summer it is. I feel disappointed but these things happen. My op is just vanity and not as important as fixing his bones! Waiting to get a date again.

But the good thing is... spending all my time looking after him means I'm less bored and eating less! Although I had my first banana this morning since before the op and dumped. So bananas are out.

Oh well, will be back when I have more news!

Sorry you have had to move your op :(. Hope your partner is ok and heals soon.

I haven't tried banana yet since my op - couldn't eat them before as I used to get pain but was going to try in case I can eat them now - will wait though in case I dump!

Hi y'all!

Thought I'd pop in and say hi. It's almost been 2y since my op so been reflecting!

Bought some new scales as my digital ones got bumped during the move and the weighy platform no longer sits straight on the sensors. Yesterday's weigh in: 12st 1lb! Which means I've maintained for nigh on a year. I'm pretty proud of that. I find I can eat most things now without dumping apart from an Easter cake episode which sent me to bed! I still stay away from oily or buttery food as I don't like the texture. I'm still 90% protein, no carbs. I mean I do eat the odd potato or bowl of pasta but it might be once or twice a month. I do eat sweeties now and again and cake (no icing or buttercream!) but try to get my sweet fix from go ahead slices.

I still can't be trusted around food, I have no self control. I could eat a whole cake or packet of biscuits or bowl of chips, so I have to remove these things from my life. I don't allow potatoes or bread in the house, when I buy chocolate I eat what I want and take the rest to The Boy's house so it's not in mine. He's learnt to bring chocolate to my house as the only thing I have in my cupboard is a chocolate covered rice cake :)

I tend to keep slimming world rules in my head, so for example last week went to Blackpool and went for fish and chips. I had fish and beans, and removed all the batter to make it syn free on slimming world :)

My appetite is no longer restricted these days. I can eat a steak and salad followed by a bite of dessert. I don't like missing out! But I never finish one. But because I'm a nibbler I have to physically remove plates from in front of me immediately or else I'll just carry on eating as soon as I've got room.

I experience the odd bout of crippling indigestion (I figured out that's what the stabbing was). I can usually control it with rennies but about once a year it's utterly painful like earlier this week when the pain actually made me throw up. That's the first time I've thrown up due to illness since my op (only ever before due to trying to cram too much food into my pouch in the early days).

So food-wise I guess I'm constantly dieting but I'm doing okay. You may wonder why I'm not losing weight... this would be due to my new best friends cider, fizzy wine and gin. Also I had a coil fitted and stopped smoking in recent months so having to readdress calorie balances. Seem to be managing it for the moment. This time last year I was worrying I was losing too much so started eating sweets and cake to build up calories. Well since I became reacquainted with booze and the additional factors above, at one point I found myself almost up to 13st so had to readjust. Now I have scales again I think I'll be able to keep a better eye on things!

Off to Greece in three weeks! I'm very excited and my head to toe swimming outfit looks strange but good. My only worry is that going in the water will uncover my hair loss but I'll try and be smart about that.

Last week was Eurovision so I fulfilled a dream of wearing a glittery Geri dress. Pics attached of before and after. Currently a size 14 but once I have my op I expect to be a lot smaller. After my second round of ops I will fulfill my ultimate wish: dressing up as She Ra. Whether this is for Halloween or a random party will depend on when I can have the second op and healing time/scars.

Yesterday was 1y since the first date with The Boy. How life changes :)

Hope you are all well!!!

Last edited:
You look fab, a lovely update too

Well! Op paid for, implant size chosen! It's all so exciting. I did the rice test - measure out the ml of the various implants in rice, pour the rice into a pop sock and stuff your bra to see how you'll look. I went for the smallest ml my surgeon suggested but they're still gonna be DD/E I reckon. The biggest suggested ones were just obscene!! I actually didn't want to go much bigger than I am now (C/D) I just wanted them to be full and not empty as they are now. But I'll cope hee hee!

I kinda want to get my next one booked in lol but my surgeon said to wait and see how I get on with this one first. Got my preassessment on Wednesday. I can't stop imagining how it'll look and how freeing it'll be to live life without control underwear. I sleep in a bra and control wear as I don't want to flop all over the place while I toss and turn at night. It's going to be so good. I'm so excited!! I stand in front of the mirror and I pull my skin in different ways to see what shape I might be afterwards. I think my surgeon's excited as I pose a real challenge to him - of all the photos he's shown me he says my skin's the emptiest out of all of them. So I think he's really going to try and get a good result so he can show ppl my photos. Eep!

i'll let you all know how Wednesday goes. Perhaps i'll set up a new thread about it... I'll have a think :)

Good luck!

Hope it went ok

Well preassessment was blah... less involved than the one for my bypass!

Surgery on Monday omg! I can't believe it's so soon. I keep looking at my freckles on my stomach and thinking it's weird they'll be gone soon.

Nervous but excited, started dreaming about the surgery which hasn't happened since my A levels lol!

Will be in touch next week when I've run out of morphine :)

Enjoy the morphine! (and good luck) x

So! All done and now recuperating at the parents' house.

To recap, I had a fleur de lys abdominoplasty with mastopexy and augmentation. So I have stomach scars in a big inverted T as well as a breast uplift and implants.

Honestly the pain is okay. I was expecting a lot worse. My surgeon had to tighten my muscles by 3cm so there are muscle aches but the paracetamol and codeine are handling the op soreness. I'm slow, I have to walk hunched over but that's because I've been told not to stretch. I'm very conscious of not pushing myself so I am surprised when getting out of bed is easier each time!

The worst bit of pain is in my thigh: one of my nerves we think has been caught up in a stitch which means I can't feel the skin on one thigh and occasionally it feels like it's on fire. Very weird indeed. The stitches are dissolvable so fingers crossed this will all go back to normal in a couple of weeks!

The drains were a pain but thank goodness are out now - horrible having them taken out! But that only lasted a few seconds.

As for the compression garments... these will be a right pain. I have to wear the stomach one for 8 weeks and already it's constantly riding up! It's just a really wide Velcro belt to hold me in from hip to bra. It's very bulky, I thought it would be more like the firm control garments I wear usually. The vest is fine but again... bulky. No cute outfits for me this summer!! However after a couple of weeks I can get measured and fitted for a regular sports bra so that's all fine. The stomach belt is definitely the worst one!

I don't know how I look underneath it all just yet. My surgeon is thrilled, I was a real challenge for him and he's happy with my results and my progress thus far. The implants aren't huge so that's good, they feel really hard but I'm sure I'm swollen? I don't really care if they stay hard to be honest, anything is better than how they were before!

I'll post more when I have more updates. Got a wound check on Monday so I might be able to see myself then but obviously it's going to be weeks until I'm ready to show myself off!

Pleased it all went well and very glad your not suffering too much, this is definitely something I would love to have done, take good care of yourself maybe you could do some online shopping for next summer clothes, the sale are on now Really feel for you having to wear that lot in this heat though x

I just found a full girdle which has side zips and will offer great support, so think I'm going to invest in one of those as well as looking at Asda's range of post surgery bras - being able to wear real clothes is the first step to becoming normal again methinks! Already feeling so much better to think I can get my underwear sorted!! Also because the cuts are so far round on my hips this belt thing rides up and uncovers them as soon as I walk or sit. The girdle I think will help there too! My surgeon actually said I can wear the Spanx etc I usually do but I'm not brave enough to be pulling and poking around just yet. It's like an Olympic event getting into those sometimes! Perhaps when the tenderness has gone I can consider it :)

My surgeon only removed 2kg skin from my stomach but as he said the skin was so empty there was no weight there at all. I was a bit disappointed but I know a lot of my excess weight is in my thigh and arm skin. Already planning surgery #2!

Measured myself for my new girdle today. Waist 36 ins?!?? I was a 32 in waist on Sunday!

I'm gonna sue!

:)

Pain now controlled with paracetamol, it's really all good. I do still take codeine cos it's there but I think I'd be okay without it. Worst bit today (apart from fiery thigh) was back pain from being constantly hunched over, but I think I'm getting a bed sore so I'm trying to stay out of bed (also tiredness is getting better). Going to try for zero naps tomorrow!

I really want to wash my hair but just going to have to live with being a skank for a bit longer, I don't want anything to go wrong with my dressings. I'm using baby wipes so body is fine it's just the Barnet... oh well I'll get a hat.

I really can't complain at all with how it's going. Every day is a bit easier, I just want to be all healed now :)

Wow oodles, congrats on your op. It sounds great that you're finally getting the freedom to wear what you want and the body that you've worked so hard for. Hopefully you keep recovering well and you can move onto the next ops :)
I suppose you could go to the hair dressers to have your hair washed? you could just sit in one of their chairs and lean your head back and let them do all the work for you lol

Great to hear from you @oodles83 and I'm so pleased you're recovering well. I can't wait to see the pics when you're fully healed xxx

That's a fab idea! Sadly due to my hair loss I can't go out in public with hair wetting scenarios - I never let people see me now unless I've attacked my scalp with lashings of brown powder first. Ah for an uncomplicated life!!

Been out shopping and for breakfast today. I have zero appetite, I feel like I just had my bypass again! But I'm making the most of it and also the fact I'm steering clear of alcohol as a way to drop some lbs. I'm heavier than I've been in about a year (over 13st!) but I know that's due to swelling and the fact I've been delaying my period for weeks now due to holidays and the op. I'm not worried about it. Apparently I've put on half a stone since my op? I know that's not a real life story :)

I had to buy one of those post surgery bras today. I just couldn't bear to live in my own filth (aka the one the hospital gave me) any longer!! It had to have a wash. Couldn't find a zippy sports bra in my size so got this thing from matalan. It's a bit big but it'll do til I can put the hospital one on again when it's dry. Hadn't seen myself without the vest on before, I was happy with what I saw! I think I'll be the same size as I was before but fully rounded rather than floppy and empty. Just what I wanted. I don't think you can tell size-wise that they're new. Perfect!

Back