• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Oodles' Weekly Weigh In

That's a plan, and just carry it off with swagger :)

i dont have an answer for this Hun ..
Me being me , I would flaunt my hard work and tell them before I go away with them about my massive weight loss and that I may wear a shirt in the tub .. Most people will be pretty understanding .. What you don't want is to make them guess ....
Oh ! What about ' forgetting ' your costume ? That may work .. Would you wear knickers and a long shirt of the boys ?

Decided to go with some swimming leggings (3/4 length) and long sleeved swimming top. And blaming outside November temperatures for the lengths I refuse to miss out, and if they think I'm weird so be it lol! I'd rather wear odd clothes and have a nice time than miss out or feel uncomfortable. S'all good!

I don't want anyone to know how I used to be, so not going to tell anyone ever :) it would change their opinion of me and I'm very much the new girl in this group so want to make a good impression!

I fully understand that .. Can I have the link for that swim wear Hun ? I'm off to Malta in a few weeks . xxxxx

Hi Oodles how are you doing?
You are doing so well, loved reading your updates. Hope you are ok, thinking of you X X

Hi y'all!!

All is good in the house of Oodles thanks! Just got back from a few days in Montenegro with the boy. It was lush! The town, Kotor, is so beautiful. I was worried about little things like him seeing my passport photo which is a few years old, but I managed to hide it.

Lots of walking, lots of eating, lots of drinking. Walked up 1350 steps to this ancient fortress. I was really nervous that I wouldn't make it but I did it!!

I've also been practising on a bike and am doing ok! In that I can do several rotations now without screaming!

Still working on the house, moving in soon! Then once my house sale is over I'll get my skin op booked in.

I can now eat meals again - yesterday managed two lamb chops, baked potato and some peas! But I did put on some weight in the past few weeks eek! I say eek, but I'm relieved. Now I know I can put it on I feel much more in control. Losing weight when you're constantly eating cakes and sweets was slightly worrying! But now I know I do have limits to what I can eat. I'm not looking to lose any more before the op because I do feel that I look gaunt on my chest and neck in pics (will post a few). And I know when the skin is gone I will be significantly lighter anyway.

Anyway! That's my update! :)

Oh my goodness you look so well ! And adorably pretty ! Well done on climbing that high ! Would be panting like an old nag after the Grand National ! Though that view is worth making the climb for .. wow !
You look fantastic in your jeans by the way ..
Xxxxx

Gorgeous :)
I'm so glad everything is going well x

Hi y'all!

Not much to update you on I'm afraid. Still hovering around the 12st mark (perhaps a lb or two below - still on my parents' analogue scales but will be back to my digital ones soon!). The boy had a Halloween party on sat and I managed to successfully bake things! Brownies, cupcakes, gingerbread bats... very festive. Dressed up as miss piggy in a floor length sequin dress (always understated lol) and felt very glam! Loving the autumnal weather and the skirts/dresses/woolly tights. So grateful I can wear all these things now.

Pouch still in place as can't manage meat easily or eat a full bread roll, but keeping my cals up so as not to lose loads of lbs.

House sale still ongoing, so once it's done and the op is booked in I'll be able to give some more useful info! But for now that's about it on the update I'm afraid.

Hope everyone is well and gearing up for chrimbo! I'm so excited!!!

Hey sweetie so good to hear from you :)
Glad everything is good for you , just as it should be
Xxxxx

Great to hear from you x

Hi Oodles,
I've just read through your journey over the last couple of days. I'm just at the beginning of my bypass journey. Thank you for sharing - made me laugh out loud and brought tears to my eyes. and what a story! Loving the adventures in 'murder mystery', 'Eurovision' and 'london club' land. Loved hearing about 'the boy' and the work crush. You have the makings of a book! What an amazing job you've done over this last year!!! Such determination and hard work. Great inspiration for us coming through. :D

Hi Maggy

Thanks for your message!! I wish you all the best on your bypass journey :)

Finally completed on the house yesterday, so gonna get right onto my surgeon for a new consultation and to book me in! Feeling a bit nervous now!

Just got back from Hamburg with the boy. New NSV - went on a funfair ride! Got the usual nerves when getting strapped in but I fit ok. Now I'm in my new house I haven't got my scales set up (as my floors aren't even lol) but was teetering under 12st when I last weighed myself at my parents' house. Managing to eat real sized meals now, feel like I'm almost back to being a real person! As long as I avoid cereals and creamy desserts which still make me dump.

Will keep you all updated on the op progress! Hope you are all well :)

Hey @oodles83 it's great to hear from you. Congratulations on the house! Sounds like it's all going well with the boy and another great NSV to tick off the list :D

Hellooooo one and all!

I hope everyone had lovely festive times :) I ate so much rubbish and went on holiday with my friends who cooked delicious meals every night. Definitely over indulged! It's difficult to weigh myself in my house as the floors are uneven (house still in progress) and I can't get an accurate reading, but when I weighed after new year at my parents' I was 12st which is fine.

Got an appt with my surgeon on Thursday and I'm booked in for 28th March! I can't wait. My parents are on holiday when I have my op but the boy has said I can stay with him afterwards; he will even pop in and look after my cat every day until I can go home - how sweet!

Today I got an exercise bike delivered woop! Decided I need to start exercising. I'm baking so many cakes these days I need to earn them now! Don't want to lose weight but just improve fitness, and obviously don't want to put on. I can eat so much more these days that I need to be wary. I did 12km but over a very long time with many breaks. Earnt a slice of bread pudding though lol!

Hope all is well with everyone. Will update on op progress as it develops. I'm already planning op #2 for the summer, assuming the first one goes smoothly!

Great to hear from you and you sound very positive and focused. Good luck with op #2 :)

I'm really struggling without my scales! I hate not being able to weigh myself. Esp as I had to go on the pill and I gave up smoking for the op (in the same weekend - that was irritable lol!) and I cannot stop eating. I weighed in at the boy's on Friday and it said 13st2lb! I nearly cried! Then the next day I came on. I'm learning the week before my period I can weigh half a stone more... then I managed to get a solid reading at the bottom of my stairs yesterday (Monday) and it said 12st7lb which is fine. I wouldn't mind losing a stone before my op to make the most of the skin removal but at the same time I don't want to look gaunt. I'm constantly hungry at the moment! So I'm making sure I eat fruit and veg and lean protein only. No carbs. I must still go over my calories but we'll see how things go! Trying to track my cals on MyFitnessPal and I got a Fitbit. I'm also using my bike on the days I don't go out. I'm also cutting down on alcohol - no more fizzy wine and cider! I had the boy and his friend round to mine on Friday and made the 'health conscious' decision to go with the calorie friendly vodka. Oh my goodness... I don't think I can face any alcohol again ever. Just pure evil. So easing off the drink for a while!

Got my preassessment on 1st march... it's all going on!

Hi Ooodles good to hear from you! What about weighing at boots whilst you can't weigh at home? Might that help?

What op is it you are booked for? Is it tummy or arms? I have forgotten sorry!

Sounds like you are doing ok with the healthy diet - apart from the vodka! Lol!

The 1st March will be here before you know it!

Back