• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Op was 10 months ago,so happy :)

I went upstairs on a bus today...now, to some of you that means nothing but, 8 weeks ago I would have huffed and puffed going up those stairs...in fact, I wouldn't have even tried.
Its amazing what some weightloss does to your outlook on life and how our confidence grows.
Have I mentioned I love my Sleeve ?!!!

Well done - lovely to hear of the little things that mean so much to us.

Although having an 'Upstairs' on a bus is a real blast from the past - I've only ever seen two double deckers (and no full size single deck busses actually) since 2005 lol.

Last edited:
The scales are playing mind games with me today !!!
Saying I am 3lbs heavier than a couple of days ago! The cheek!
But, am not concerned in the least as I know I have stuck to plan and increased my walking (90 minutes yesterday) and am burning calories on a regular level.
Guess my scales are just teasing?
I tend to measure myself and the tape is telling me the truth.....so, my message to everyone is not to worry about those pesky scales too much, unless they give you good news :)
I am so desperate to get into the 17's but, scales
are keeping me in the 18's by 4lbs.....watch this space, will soon be there !

Enjoy the weather everyone !

Scales are the bain of our lives. Put them in the cupboard & go out & enjoy that sunshine!

Happened to me the other week on a week I had upped my exercise. My team said it was just a normal fluctuation :)

Just back from a 90 minute walk....woo-hoo ! Loving my new found energy ! Went to B and Q and got some plants for garden...would normally get 2 buses there but, went round the back roads..took 40 minutes each way, plus a walk around the store and pulled my trolley back laden with plants.
Burned off 600 calories...got to try and eat more today !

Amazing energy Jax! Defo make sure you eat a bit more or at least drink more especially in this heat!

As I'm only 5 days post op I can only dream of having that energy lol, I keep having to come inside as its too hot and if I walk around too much I feel a sort of burning pain by one of my wounds so I'm trying to take it a bit easy!

I read back through your diary yesterday when I was feeling a bit low as its good to see how other people felt post op and it defo helped!

Nxx

Amazing energy Jax! Defo make sure you eat a bit more or at least drink more especially in this heat!

As I'm only 5 days post op I can only dream of having that energy lol, I keep having to come inside as its too hot and if I walk around too much I feel a sort of burning pain by one of my wounds so I'm trying to take it a bit easy!

I read back through your diary yesterday when I was feeling a bit low as its good to see how other people felt post op and it defo helped!

Nxx

Good to hear from you, Natstar.
I know you may not be feeling your best at the moment but, I promise you it does pass...took me 6 weeks before I felt able to go for long walks.
Don't rush anything, lay down when you feel weak or tired..though I know the pain in your side may make that difficult at times...I remember it well.

Treat yourself as you would a friend who had this surgery...gentle and kind !

Hope you start to feel better soon but, don't be surprised if it takes a while yet. xxx

Thanks Jax, good advise on how I would treat a friend - I like that!

I'm definitely feeling better as each day goes by, jumped on the scaled today as was 12lb down from 2 weeks ago (so with a half hearted week of a pre op diet) and the surgery this week I think that's good!

I'm off on holiday on 6 weeks so hoping by then I'll be where you are with bags of energy and there will be no stopping me!

Weight is not budging and I feel a bit let down by that...I know I shouldn't but, when you stick to the rules and your body hangs on to the weight....it's all very frustrating !
I know I have to just wait but, I want my losses now !! Lol

How's your protein intake Jax? Maybe it's not enough.....?

Delicious-Jax said:
Weight is not budging and I feel a bit let down by that...I know I shouldn't but, when you stick to the rules and your body hangs on to the weight....it's all very frustrating !
I know I have to just wait but, I want my losses now !! Lol

You have lost so well your body may just be hanging in ready for your next loss.

And Nats point is a good one. How is your protein? X

My protein levels have been quite good, am keeping a check on things with Myfitnesspal, so have a good idea as to how much I am getting.

Weight still not budging but, I can see a big difference in my shape ,so it's not all bad news....am going to have to buy new trousers as have a couple of linen pairs to see me through a few weeks,they are size 22 and they are too big, am rolling them over at the waist...they do have a draw string but, they just feel so big !
Linen gives, so it should be fine to buy the size 20 now. !

I am tempted to throw the scales out as makes no difference in the end as this is how I will eat now, not like it's a diet and can opt out !!

I have upped my calories today...looking to eat 1200...not sure I can acheive that but, should manage to get 1000 down, will do that for 3 days and see if that kick-starts the losses again...maybe I'm not eating enough????

Last edited:
After all my worrying about weight not shifting....weight has moved , at last...now weigh 18st exactly.....ooooooooh so near the 17's.....if I took my dress off, it may well be in the 17's by half a pound? !! Lol

I think I need to eat a bit more and drink more...that may have been the stall?

Anyway, feel happier this morning :)

Woo hoo!!! About time that pesky stall got out the way.... Drink loads and weight yourself tomorrow naked and then welcome to the 17's club :)

Oh no !!
Decided to buy an electronic scales as my original ones were all over theplace with weight.

Turns out I weigh more than I thought... I actually weigh (this afternoon) 18.6....which is a tad more than my old scales but, never mind.....not long now before I get into the 17's....which I am desperate to do as haven't weighed 17 something for over 7 years.

At least I know these scales are accurate, as much as I may not like what they say today !!

Thing is...I can't go wrong, am eating 800-1000 calories a day, walk every day and will be swimming twice a week from this week.
I just have to be patient !!

I burned 800 calories by walking to shopping centre and back today...couldn't have done that 9 weeks ago.
I do love my sleeve soooooooo much ! :)

Last edited:
After a long time, the scales have moved a bit...2lbs only but, at least it's all starting to move again.
I have made sure I eat 1000 minimum, a day , the past few days as I burn off ( on average) 500 calories a day walking to work.

Hope I manage to keep in a positive mood the rest of the week as I have been a right old moaner since the sales hadn't budged !

Here's to a better week :)

Jax are you drinking enough? Your food looks fine as does your exercise.

Jax are you drinking enough? Your food looks fine as does your exercise.

I don't think I am....urine is always on the dark side, so have to try harder to drink more...will make sure I get 2 litres down today but, find the timing of eating/drinking a tad difficult to manage:confused:

I have a big mug of tea that I drink between meals. I get just over 2 litres a day and that's kept my losses quite steady.

Back