• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Op was 10 months ago,so happy :)

Can cope with half (125Ml) a Tesco meal replacement milkshake in about 10 mins with no issues.

Had to call Mr Patel this morning as one of my wounds was looking very wet.

Now have open staples showing :eek: but told it's fine.

I was told it can take 6/8 weeks for the swelling in the stomach to stop and new joins heal.So small amounts are all you will get in,dont fret or even think about calories!Keep up the fluids,take meds and sleep.Thats all you need to do at this stage.

Wonderlust said:
Can cope with half (125Ml) a Tesco meal replacement milkshake in about 10 mins with no issues.

Had to call Mr Patel this morning as one of my wounds was looking very wet.

Now have open staples showing :eek: but told it's fine.

I have a bypass. My hospital says 200 ml (a small cup) of everything at a time.

I don't know if I could do it in 10 mins. Only because they say sip sip sip. Don't strain my healing pouch. So I take 20-30 mins with most drinks or soups to give some time to drain as I take more in.

Good luck with your wound mate. Sounds icky xxx

I was told to use a straw for everything. So that you don't get so much in even if you forget to sip.

farzu said:
I was told to use a straw for everything. So that you don't get so much in even if you forget to sip.

Our book says use a straw, but every other piece of info anywhere says dont, as it introduces too much air into your pouch which can cause problems.

Confusing!

Thanks for the advice.

Everything, incuding medication, at the hospital came with a straw, will make sure I get some today.

Well, a better nights sleep...still painfull but, can feel the daily improvements.
Last night I had a dream I was eating Shepherds Pie , could see the food approaching my mouth and then tasting it...how mad is that ! I am having moments of hunger...guess the swelling in my new stomach is decreasing, though it is soon settled with some milk.

I weighed myself this morning and since the 4 days before my surgery I have lost 15lbs !!! I am now 19.10 !
So 20st 11lbs will never be seen again!

Its happening...woo-hooo !

I've had eating dreams too!

well done on the loss, can't wait to get weighed, but even my Drs don't have suitable scales

I can drink a lot and have been able to from day 1 I rang my team as I was concerned but they said its great !

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Delicious-Jax said:
Well, a better nights sleep...still painfull but, can feel the daily improvements.
Last night I had a dream I was eating Shepherds Pie , could see the food approaching my mouth and then tasting it...how mad is that ! I am having moments of hunger...guess the swelling in my new stomach is decreasing, though it is soon settled with some milk.

I weighed myself this morning and since the 4 days before my surgery I have lost 15lbs !!! I am now 19.10 !
So 20st 11lbs will never be seen again!

Its happening...woo-hooo !

What an amazing loss!!!!!

Well, today is my 1 week surgiversary, how quick that was !

My loss so far is due to having a lot of fluid retention before Op...welcome as it is, I'm sure my weight will go up a couple of pounds soon as I need to hydrate my body more...am still struggling to drink enough.

Feel very optimistic about the future and am looking forward to moving onto pureed foods....I keep dreamiming of shepherds pie !!!

Hope everyone is well. x

I does seem to go so fast.

My first week has sailed past so fast too!

Yesterday was the first day I managed to drink 2L.

Glad you're still going well :)

I am managing more, too. Can drink a full cup full of milk now....do feel hunger now and again but, soon stops when I have some liquidised pea and ham soup !

That's one of my fav's soups...

Not had that yet but just having chicken noodle soup thats been blended :)

happy Easter Jax, so glad its all going well for you :) xxx

Happy Easter everyone.
No chocolate eggs this year...having a yummy hot chocolate instead :)

Mmm, not been brave enough to try that yet!

Happy Easter to you too :)

I have a highlights or ovaltine light at night. Yummy!!

Happy Easter!!! Xxx

Well, its now Day 10 post-op and am finding the right amounts of 'foods' that satisfy my Sleeve. Have developed a real passion for banana milkshakes....have to remind myself not to bite the banana as I peel it !!!

Mr Patel has instructed me to stay on liquids for 4 weeks.....nearly halfway there.
Off to my GP tonight to get a sickness certificate for work and just to have a look at dressings.
Was due to go back to the Princess Grace hospital tomorrow but, dont feel strong enough to do that yet, so will give them a call and cancel tomorrows appointment.

Slept better last night, so thats all heading in the right direction :)

HI Jax, nice to see you are over on that losers bench now :)

I thought you was under St Thomas' and Dr Bothra , did you change along the way, or was I imagining it ! ! ! lol

Lovely to read through your posts and see yours , and others, updates, keep up the good work all of you, hopefully before the year is out I will have joined you too ;)

Back