• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Op was 10 months ago,so happy :)

Was saying,,,,on my way to the hospital now and am now starving! Hardly ate all week...didn't have a 'last meal' yesterday evening, either ! Am going in by myself as I cope better,,,,felt very emotional saying '' see you later '' to family, have to at hospital by 12,30pm...Tube takes 18 minutes and am a few minutes away...so should be OK.

Best wishes, Jax !!! :)

ggod luck for today, take care look forward to reading how you got on. xxxx

Good luck, and here's to a speedy recovery

Good luck Jax, I am sure you are doing fine! xx

Hope you are doing well Jax :) xxx

Thanks for all your support, it truely means a lot.
Am now an official Sleevie...will update the experience tomorrow, as due to go home then,,
Op went well, had a bad night last night but, these things happen. Am about to try and sleep..so tired as cant sleep well in this bed but......
Yay! I'm on the Losers Bench.!

Fab to hear from you Jax -- glad the op went well + wait to hear from you with your full update later!

xx

Hi everyone
Came home last night.....now the hard work begins!
Struggling to get anything down...it has took me an hour to sip a mug of milk...tummy (understandibly) is very poorly and have to visit the loo frequently. Only had 250 calories yesterday, so have to work out how to get more down today!
I know the next few days will result in me feeling better and stronger but, I do feel weak and very sore.

My absolute terror of the anaesthetic was unfounded and had a wonderful , calm experience of 'going under'...thanks to the lovely Anaesthetist.
Mr.Patel has been wonderful, very encouraging and has a very calm manner that makes you feel everything will be alright.

Did have a rough couple of days after surgery, drip lines failing in my arms several times, kept awake by machinery and inflatable pressure boots whilst in bed, wretching in recovery and room, ended up refusing the morphine pump etc...but, thats all done now.
Have to inject myself for the next 2 weeks with blood thinning meds and keep those pesky stockings on for 4 weeks !

A new journey starts for me now and I know there are difficulties ahead but, one day at a time for now...I'm sure I will sound a bit more upbeat in a few days !

woohoo so pleased you are done and dusted Jax :) good luck with your journey, i'll be watching you, as i will be having a sleeve within the next couple of months, woop! xxx

Oh Caren, great news on your sleeve Op !! So happy for you, too.

Am feeling a bit down today but , thats to be expected as my body has been through a lot the past few days.

We will be so much lighter in the coming months..... it will happen !

Oh Caren, great news on your sleeve Op !! So happy for you, too.

Am feeling a bit down today but , thats to be expected as my body has been through a lot the past few days.

We will be so much lighter in the coming months..... it will happen !
well people talk of the post op blues, maybe you have that. Hope you feel better soon, chin up sweet :) xxx

I had my bypass Friday and had some down days. Monday was rock bottom when I come home. Picked up by yesterday afternoon and feel great today.

Things will get better. We underestimate how much we have been through because it was elective. But we have so much time of wanting it. Then the pain, tiredness and discomfort post op makes it feel like it was an anticlimax.

But you will feel better I promise. Just be kind to yourself. Don't force anything down. Take it as you can for the first few days and build up.

Congratulations for getting onto the losers bench. Your more comfortable seat will be ready for you soon (((hugs))) xxx

I had my bypass Friday and had some down days. Monday was rock bottom when I come home. Picked up by yesterday afternoon and feel great today.

Things will get better. We underestimate how much we have been through because it was elective. But we have so much time of wanting it. Then the pain, tiredness and discomfort post op makes it feel like it was an anticlimax.

But you will feel better I promise. Just be kind to yourself. Don't force anything down. Take it as you can for the first few days and build up.

Congratulations for getting onto the losers bench. Your more comfortable seat will be ready for you soon (((hugs))) xxx

Oh Fuffs....so good to hear from you, its a strange old time at the moment, isn't it?
Just wish I didn't feel so sickly !
Hope you feel better soon, too. xxxx

Any Post-Op sleevies got any advice for me in this very early stage as I feel so sickly and cannot get much down at all? Managed a glass of milk yesterday and a small amount of clear soup....around 230 calories. Surely I have to get more calories that that in a day.....?

Back