• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Operation Dates!

Hi I am booked to have my band op on the 2nd March at Dolan Park under Prof McMahon. Please add me I'd love to know if any one else is going to be there that day.

Prinny.xxxx

Just had a call from WGA - i was booked for a gastric band on 3rd March, this has been brought forward to 25th February. Can't wait as i just want to get it done and be on the road to a new life!!!

Thats great news lucy, the 25th also happens to be my birthday so we will be celebrating on the same day lol.
When are you starting your pre op diet?

Just got a call got no bed for the 27th so it mabey the 24th or the 28th of feb :( well i hope it will be .my band is waiting for me lol.

will update it when you get a new date :) hope you get good news!

Mine's at the Spire Hospital Southampton on the 30th October - IF it goes ahead.

I have spoken to 4 different people this morning and no-one can answer me. In the end I left a message on the answer machine of the pre op nurses inthe hope that someone can tell me the result of my MRSA test.

No knowing is WORSE than knowing.

I'm pre op dieting, pre menstrual, I'm freezing cold and hungry. Right now I am one lady not to be messed with!!!!
hi,is that a pic of your horse on your avatar?very pretty in anycase.zoe

Hi Guys,

Im havin my surgery in Dolan Park Valentines day!!! BMI is about 38.5 ive paid 9000 euro it seems alot cheaper in sterling i heard some people got it for 5k sterling think im being ripped off!!! im not on any strict diet he said i could eat whatever i wanted but they want me to have lost 8lbs in 2 week ive lost 9 to 10 so im happy.Just wondering if anyone has any advice for me or any idea how long il need of work. Im dreading two weeks of only fluids :(

Hiya and welcome Lily white, what you having done chucks?

havin the lap band mith prof Sugertson or something like that hes from Iceland!!! i just found out someone from my job is flyin out the ewxact same time as me tomorrw as im in southern Ireland and id told a lil white lie in work as i didnt want them all knowin i had to call he aside today and tell her...how embarrassing!!!

I'm sure she will understand that you don't really want everyone to know your business. Good luck with your op chucks. x

Hi everyone, im going in for gastric bypass surgery on the 2nd April at Walsall under Mr Amir Khan.
If anyone can help me with my pre op diet i will be very grateful.!!

Hiya Snow Angel, Firstly welcome to Minimins, it is truely a wonderful site with loads of lovely people at different stages in their wls journey. Have you noticed the Walsall Manor Posse thread? Take a look if you aint chucks.
I'm on day 5 of the milk pre op diet and due to have my bypass on the 22nd of this month at Walsall Manor. It is hard and I think the first 3 days have been the worst, it has been a little bit easier today. The good thing about WM is that there are two plans for the pre op diet and you will recieve a leatlet with both in. I think they are both equally as bad as each other, but they are importent and only for two weeks. So good luck chucks and check out other threads and keep posting. x

Are any of you doing it through the NHS and how long did you have to wait from first speaking to your GP to having the surgery? Seems I first have to see a dietician "for a few weeks" and get a referral from them?

NHS can take anything from 6 weeks to 6 years Rozzi unfortunately. It varies so much from PCT to PCT. If it helps though, the others I've seen from London have had quite a quick process, unless going to St Richards as they have a long waiting list there.

Lucyann have just notice your op date is on my birthday my 30th! I am taking this as very good omen for you lol and will mean you will wake up from your op a size 10. xxxxxxxxxx
Prinny, soon to be 30:( (i dont do age!)

Back