• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OT-Weekend away, any suggestions?

PinkyButtonz

I fancy a weekend away but stuck for ideas. I'd love to go somewhere the shopping is great as I'll have a teenager with me.

I've been to Liverpool, Manchester (Traffords Centre :)) and Birmingham (Bullring :)) in the past. Fancy some where new.

Any ideas I'd be grateful X.

What about Brighton?

Irene xx

I fancy a weekend away but stuck for ideas. I'd love to go somewhere the shopping is great as I'll have a teenager with me.

I've been to Liverpool, Manchester (Traffords Centre :)) and Birmingham (Bullring :)) in the past. Fancy some where new.

Any ideas I'd be grateful X.

Hi Pinky

my step son lives in Newcastle and the Metro centre there is better than Birmingham! We live near the Merry Hill centre and thats not as good as the Trafford Centre. I know its a bit of a journey for you but just a thought :)

What about Brighton?

Irene xx

Thanks,
I'll look into what the shopping is like.

Hi Pinky

my step son lives in Newcastle and the Metro centre there is better than Birmingham! We live near the Merry Hill centre and thats not as good as the Trafford Centre. I know its a bit of a journey for you but just a thought :)

Thanks, am tempted, but I think the drive is a bit longer than I can manage at the moment.

I live 2 mins away from the Metro Centre in Gateshead. If you want a swish hotel, the Malmaison is right on the Tyne and has lush views. You could stop in Newcastle then head over to Gateshead for some shopping.:)

xxx

Thanks all,
Had a look on Wikipidia for shopping centres in the UK. A lot of the really big ones are too far. I want 2 keep the drive down to 4hrs or so. Shopping centres suit me better for shopping because I can hire a mobility scooter to get around.

I've looked up Milton Keynes and it looks promising, but will have another look tomorrow.

Hi Pinky, I love shopping in Glasgow, havn't been in a few years but am going in November for a weekend so will try and get a good bit of shopping in there, you could get cheap flights with Ryanair or Easyjet

Glasgow is good for shopping there are a couple of indoor centres plus lots of street shopping. Both centres have mobility offices so getting a scooter would be no prob. I have a teenage daughter and she loves Glasow itself plenty lovely cafes, pubs restuarants etc. Dublin is another fantastic city and flights are cheap to get there but may be a bit far for you x

Hi Pinky, I love shopping in Glasgow, havn't been in a few years but am going in November for a weekend so will try and get a good bit of shopping in there, you could get cheap flights with Ryanair or Easyjet

Glasgow is good for shopping there are a couple of indoor centres plus lots of street shopping. Both centres have mobility offices so getting a scooter would be no prob. I have a teenage daughter and she loves Glasow itself plenty lovely cafes, pubs restuarants etc. Dublin is another fantastic city and flights are cheap to get there but may be a bit far for you x

I've always wanted to go to Glasgow.
At the moment I'm not very mobile and where ever we decide on I'll be driving.

I'm hopefully off to Ireland at the end of the year, but will only go if I have had my bypass. I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be in a aeroplane seat at this weight :eek:.

Hi Pinky, Have you thought about taking the train? If you buy the ticket in advance you can get some good deals and it would mean you could go somewhere like Glasgow. If you're registered disabled you could also get a reduction on the fair for you and a helper.

Stratford upon Avon has some nice shops but I don't think it's very scooter friendly. Nottingham has 2 big shopping centres. I haven't been in yrs but you can get a train direct from London.

Rebirth

Hi Pinky, Have you thought about taking the train? If you buy the ticket in advance you can get some good deals and it would mean you could go somewhere like Glasgow. If you're registered disabled you could also get a reduction on the fair for you and a helper.

Stratford upon Avon has some nice shops but I don't think it's very scooter friendly. Nottingham has 2 big shopping centres. I haven't been in yrs but you can get a train direct from London.

Rebirth

I am registered disabled and haven't been on a train or bus in a very long time.

It has to be by car, because of what luggage LOL. When we go away we take everything but the kitchen sink :D. Plus there would still the problem of travelling to and from shops, hotel and train station.

Thanks for think of it though. I hope after the bypass I'll be more mobile.

It would be a heck of a drive for you from London to Glasgow but if you do decide to come up let me know cause we can organise a meet seeing as i'm all alone up here (boo hoo) hoping to catch up with Kate in November x

As much as I'd love to don't think I'm up to, what is 8-9hrs drive?

I use to drive from London to Wales then cross to Ireland years ago when I was a lot slimmer and less tired.

Chester is lovely.Lots of trendy shops,olde worlde buildings a fabulous cathedral,Roman ruins.The Roman wall around the city and the river Dee has cruises.Lots of very nice b+bs,hotels.Good bus services,trains to Liverpool for the Met Quarter or Liverpool One and theatres/clubs.

Back