• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Perforated ulcer

Oh you poor thing, hope you are ok now! Ive not known of anyone else having this though. Well done on reaching your goal :D XX

Aww Angel, no I've never heard of it before... my goodness... please keep us posted... love and hugs xxx

Hiya long time no see!Glad you are at goal and hope all is well after your op.Maz x

I had a perforated gut at 8 weeks post-op. Very similar I would think. I was very very poorly but I'm fine now. Like you I had to have emergency surgery.
How are you doing now?

awww thanks for ur messages , im a bit lost with the new minimins it seems quite complicated now havnt got a clue what im doing .
awwww yes it was awful , long story cut short , woke up with abdominal pain severe , local hospital nearly killed me message mr ammorri he took over my care staright away and he basically saved my life , im so scared this will happen again and i wondered whether anyone had an ulcer etc and what advice they had been given xx

so lovely to see you posting Helen, but sorry you have been so poorly. Do they know what caused the ulcer, and was it in your pouch or in your lower "redundant" stomach?

it was at the join from the bypass , not the reduntant stomach , dont know what caused it , he said it was an acute ulcer , smoking is a huge risk factor i have now given up , mr ammorri said the risk of this happening is 0.8% (i am now currently in that statistic) and it can reoccur , it is a known side effect of the bypass especially at the join , im lucky that mr ammorri had given me his mobile number and he has told me i can contact him at any time so that is reassuring , my advice to anyone is take the lansoprazole !!!

Thanks for the advise helen, hope you are recovering well and continue to join us on here regularly x

Hi Helen, so sorry to hear about your problem. So the ulcer was definitely a result of your bypass op? With regard to the Lansoprazole, I was told by Sld Bariatric Dieticians to stop these after 6month. I did not do this as I had read previously on this site, that some hospitals urge you to take these for life as problems can and often do oocur as soon as they are stopped. Was this the same in your case and do you advise taking them on a daily basis. My own GP is happy to keep on prescribing them at the moment (just about 6 months post-op)
Pleased to see everything else is okay with you! Regards - Paul xx

I'm so sorry to hear about your ulcer, do you by chance take ibuprofen or other pain relievers? My dr mentioned that the use of them can cause ulcers and since I uses ibuprofen, it stuck in my head to be careful...

With regard to the Lansoprazole, I was told by Sld Bariatric Dieticians to stop these after 6month. Chefclay
My list only says for 3 months - I was thinking this was short before reading this.

Back