• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

phone call today..

Yeah! Not long to go now then!

Made loads of changes to diet and always aim to be mindful but there are certain foods that I think I will feel loss for.... Does anyone else understand that?

Yes, yes, yes I absolutely understand what your saying, I'm nowhere near as far as you in my journey but I already find myself thinking/worrying/grieving about certain foods, good luck with your future journey I look forward to reading your continued diary x

Yep, I was on edge and considered switching from bypass to sleeve because I was scared I would never be able to eat cake and biscuits again! Ridiculous! Actually it only reinforced that bypass was the correct surgery for me!

Remember it is only food....unless you are using it as emotional support/reward/comfort - it isn't the cheesecake you will mourn, it is the feeling you get when you eat the cheesecake...... or so I am working on!

This is why the psychological aspect is so important. We can do without those foods - or as I have found over Christmas, just allowing myself to have one spoonful of a pudding was actually enough, because I allowed myself to have it and enjoy it guilt free.

Remember that after surgery your relationship with food will change, eating isn't the enjoyable experience it was before for a variety of reasons so you do look at things differently.

Ultimately, you can carry on as you are eating those foods as you want, when you want, or, you make these changes and start to get your body and your life back - whenever I am having a food "mourning" moment, I remind myself of that!

it isn't the cheesecake you will mourn, it is the feeling you get when you eat the cheesecake...... Just read this and light went on, I get it ....the feeling of contentment eating the cheesecake. The feeling of contentment is the same when I use my pedi thingy ma jig and moisturise my feet.. Who needs cheesecake lol.

Wow congratulations @djajb :bestwishes: and good luck!

forgot to say my surgeon will be Mr Akhtar and not at Salford royal, now going to The Alexandra in Cheadle.

I felt like I forgot everything when my date came through but I did get sorted eventually ;) have you got all the details for the LRD?

Yay good luck and not far away at all xx

Been given LSD info so all good. The first thing I did after the call was sit and cry, don't know why been trying to work that out. Maybe the wait does that.

Back