• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

phone call today..

really vivid dreams since op, anyone else?

I haven't had that since op, but I remember once when I was on the Atkins diet I started having super vivid dreams (some quite scary) - so perhaps there's a link with that and ketosis? I've heard others say the same thing when on very low carb diets. Haven't seen any actual scientific evidence for it yet though.

this tastes amazing... 2 sticks of celery and half a leek boiled in big pan of water with 2 veg stock cubes. strained, it does 5 cupfuls so 2 days.

I had clips and they stung like hell having them out but it was just a couple of moments discomfort.

Wow congrats on getting the op, djajb! How are you feeling? Sorry to hear about the bad dreams. Hopefully you stop having those soon. Are you healing up nicely?
Its so great you have your kids there for support and to take care of you!

And thanks CJ! :) I wont be giving up, i don't mind the wait so much, as much as im wishing the time away i know i need a little more... it gives me time to reach the last of my weight loss targets which im 3kg away from still! once i get there i will be be wishing the time away even more lol

well today I'm feeling hungry had clear soup, milky drink, yoghurt and Bovril cube but miss chewing. clips come out tomorrow and just had a call from Alexandra hospital to see how I was doing, that was nice.

Hi djajb, hope your recovery is going ok and you're being well looked after.
I had my bypass on 30th of march and am going home today, we could maybe compare notes on this journey? Are you managing to get enough fluids in I think I hardly managed 1/2pt yesterday not the recommended 3 1/2 pints, but I'm sure it will get easier! And I just love the compression stockings I have to wear for a week!
Take care everyone. X
how are you doing with fluids now?

I'm managing to drink a bit more now still nowhere near enough, I've had 125mls high protein tom soup, 300mls milky coffee and 400mls of water so far to day. I feel like I'm drowning in water! But haven't felt hungry at all (so far). How about you?
Do you have much pain?
I'll be pleased when I can get rid of these compression socks and finish the blood thinning injections. My wounds are glued so no stitches or clips to come out, I also feel more normal today and a lot less tired.
Hope you are all doing ok. xx

today pain is minimum and managing liquids just fine. today is a struggle coz I feel hungry so phoned bariatric nurse and had a breakdown. she was very reassuring told me to keep up with the protein milkshakes and latte as these are the fillers. same op but we are feeling different hunger wise, I agree the stockings are a pain. do you make your own soup?

I had staples and they were referred to as both that and clips so I'm guessing so :)

My stockings come of on Saturday. I've made my own soup today and oh my god it was delicious! I added some skimmed milk powder and s/s milk to make it runny. The rest I've frozen down for the next few days, I managed nearly 200mls over an hour so I was quite pleased. I seem to be able to manage savoury flavours easily enough but struggle with sweet, let's hope things don't change!
Hardly any pain today so that's good, how about you?

no pain today and not even had a sleep this afternoon, had ready brek this morning made with milk and marvel powder, really runny so it was a drink nearly and making soup with my daughter for tea.

Back