• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

post op calories

tracyt84

morning guys,so these past few days ive been counting my calories while on the post op liquid diet and the average daily ammount im etting is 340,not alot but is this ok??i couldnt possibly drink anymore then i have been xx

That's pretty normal early days. Just have as many protein rich drinks as you can manage such as milk and give it a couple of weeks.

thanks for the reply,sorry to sound so dumb but what are protein rich drinks and what are they for?xx

Protein rich drinks are basically anything with a high protein content. Milk is usually the go to at your stage. Actimel is also quite good for protein. Protein will help your body heal faster and at this stage you need as much as you can manage.

Hi Tracey
I had my band (small with 4ml in) on the 3rd may,
i have about 800 cals mostly milk,
i had a very milky 1/4 of a weetibix today, yum yum
do you feel more bloated as the day goes on?

I had my band on 28 th April and I'm still on a liquid diet , don't worry about calorie counting too much at this stage worry more about protein levels at the moment, I still feel bloated 11 days down the road but I'm sure this is just down too the healing process and constipation :( lol xx

i feel very bloated more so after drinking a soup etc that i even have to undo my top button on my trousers lol doesnt help that i cant go to the toilet xx

i,ve been very lucky, no loo probs :D xx

Stop counting calories!We cant get them in the same so go for quality protien add Marvel to milk and soups to up the protien at this early stage.

Lol Tracy loo probs are the hot topic in our house at the moment off too get myself some liquid fibre yum yum xxxx

Back