• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Op booked 2nd October!!!

Gemma_moola

Hi guys

I had my appointment today at THG in Cambridge my mum and dad came with me whilst other half looked after my two bubas, I see Mr Martin Richardson. Whilst sitting behind my ipad screen I'm not afraid I've been battling the horrid depression for nearly two years now and I could feel it creeping up on me again where I wasn't wanting to get out of bed and enjoy life, I struggle walking out the door and being with family it's got too the point where I won't open the door to people or talking to people as I feel like I'm being judged constantly i get extremely anxious all due to my weight...... Anyway I've kind of gone away from what I'm trying to say... My wonderful mum booked my appointment for my op which is on the 2nd October if anyone out there is at the same stage or a little in front I'd love to hear how your first week went and what I'm to expect

Sorry for the waffling first post never done this before

Gemma xx:)

Everyone who is on here has their own reasons for making that decision to change. You are a brave lady. Well done and good luck on your journey, ill follow you as you progress through.

X

16/8/14 210lb, op date 30/8/14 202lb, 4/9/14 195lb, 13/9/14 191lb, 19/9/14 189lb

Thank you for your reply, I'm looking forward to my journey but I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm also scared any advise please give me all you've got xxxxx

Hiya. Mr Richardson was my surgeon too, and he did a good job!

Have a read of some diaries to get an idea of what's to come.

Good luck!

Good luck, I too will be having mine done in October but after you so I look forward to reading how you get on & how you are feeling.

:)

Thanks guys getting very excited now been out today and bought my chewable vits and mins and also picked up a diary xx

What type of op are you having...I'm 4 weeks post op from a band

It was all a breeze. I was terrified. It was easier than I could ever have imagined. No pain killers from day two. Never needed any. only pain I felt was on waking and I was given morphine immediately. Afterwards it is just tender and you will tire easily for a few weeks. But 4, weeks in, my energy levels are good

good luck and well done, our reasons are our own and we never justify to the world anything, your very brave for taking control of life and you...... Im Sleeve in 2 weeks !!!! very very excited and nervous, I'm off the czech Rep....... xxx

Last edited:
What type of op are you having...I'm 4 weeks post op from a band It was all a breeze. I was terrified. It was easier than I could ever have imagined. No pain killers from day two. Never needed any. only pain I felt was on waking and I was given morphine immediately. Afterwards it is just tender and you will tire easily for a few weeks. But 4, weeks in, my energy levels are good

I'm going for a band Hun how are you finding the food you've had so far and the hunger :) xxx

hello welcome and good luck! im sure the band will help you etc with confidence. Hve u thought about having some counselling to run alongside the procedure? x

Gemma I'm living it so far. As much as the weight loss I am living the freedom from food obsession and a feeling of control in five weeks out tomorrow and have lost a stone 15lbs post op and 15lbs pre op

Oh sorry did not answer your question. Loving the food I am eating. On a mixture of soft and normal. Had corned beef for lunch will mixed veg and yoghurt and fit bit protein drink for breakfast. Will have veg and some more corned beef for tea with sighing cow light melted through the veg. Roll on a week tomorrow when I can start on normal foods, salads etc

Oh sorry did not answer your question. Loving the food I am eating. On a mixture of soft and normal. Had corned beef for lunch will mixed veg and yoghurt and fit bit protein drink for breakfast. Will have veg and some more corned beef for tea with sighing cow light melted through the veg. Roll on a week tomorrow when I can start on normal foods, salads etc

What an excellent weight lost you have had so far, well done I get your very happy with that. I'm on day three of my diet before op and I'm surprised at the fact I'm not finding that hard at all :) xx

4 days till op :)

I didn't find the pre op diet to difficult either I think it was a change in thinking. I'm paying for this I want to make it work!!! My OH ate loads of nice food I front of me and I didn't even bat an eyelid I found it so strange that I wasn't bothered x

It does feel off when u get to that transitional stage in your head isn't it! X but at the same time it feels so good x

Back