• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Op booked 2nd October!!!

Such a great post and a fantastic attitude banded. X

Thank you so much :) what you have said has really lifted me just have so much dought in myself and feel like I'll never get where I'd like to be I've tried so many times I know this time I will do it but I still aren't trying to get my hopes up as I've seen people say they have only lost 1 and half stone :/ which dose confuse me I would be over the moon with 4-5st weight loss

Thank you again for being so kind you have really helped me tonight :) xxx

You can and will do it hunni :) trust in yourself and let those doubts disappear from your mind. Head up high and realise you are worth every second of this journey. Hold on tight tho its a hell of a journey, you will learn so much about yourself along the way too. Your self respect will come back and you will start to believe you can do anything :) the world is your oyster and only 26 wow, i wish i could turn back the clock and start this journey a re live it all again................... i laugh now at 47 am fitting into clothes i'd never dreamed of and things i could never even wear at 26....so now i feel like the trendy youngster i never did before LOL
I started this journey at 23 stone, i lost a bit before my band but was still over 20 stone , my band in fact is still empty, no fills as yet and have now discovered that i CAN and WILL do this hook or by crook, the band just gave me the leg up.......... the pre op and immediate post op helped me shift enough to get my legs back so i could get back out to walk. To date i have lost roughly 10 stone, almost 7 stone of that since the band in feb..... so trust me if I can you certainly can :)

As Banded says stick to the rules and you'll sail thru..... its a huge learning curve but its a fantastic ride x x x xx x every low has a million highs honest :)

Thank you so much :) what you have said has really lifted me just have so much dought in myself and feel like I'll never get where I'd like to be I've tried so many times I know this time I will do it but I still aren't trying to get my hopes up as I've seen people say they have only lost 1 and half stone :/ which dose confuse me I would be over the moon with 4-5st weight loss Thank you again for being so kind you have really helped me tonight :) xxx

Babe, this is down to you , your bands your tool , and use it right - use it wisely you will succeed - I promise. I get a tad " frustrated" when I read articles of negativity and comments like I could only eat chocolate that's all that I could swallow, you have to keep on, keep eating the crunchy foods, keep on the straight and narrow. When I struggle I say to myself ... What should a size 8-10 woman eat ? How should a size 8-10 woman eat? Well I'm pretty sure it's not 250g of chocolate, ice cream and then milkshakes.... Grrr! Gets my goat up,

There are some amazing banders on here who have NO FILLS either her just a Band ... They have lost tones.

Crystal is amazing too! She's been a massive personal inspiration to me. Her way of the world and outlook is just therapic. Everyone will support you. 24/7 . Just do your bit babybander-Gem and we will help guide you ;-)

From tomorrow ... Wake up and change one thing. A positive thing. Small steps reach mountains eventually Xxx

Oh Gem!!! Take photos now! I know you don't feel great and you probably hate your busy, but trust me on this, as the weight shifts you will want to see how far you come!

Proud of you xx

what a very inspiring post.... i will re read it in a week or two to keep it fresh, thanks and well said Bandedhun

x

Inspirational comments and great to read. Also great to read such positive comments about Mr Richardson as being Banded by him on 16th Oct. Hope the op went ok xx

Great comments even better advices. I will def look into this in future when needing a push.

And Gem be strong today like they say a day at time. :)

What a great age to have your band. I have had the food and yo yo nightmare for 35 years and was not banded till I was 54. That's 7 weeks ago now. I love my band. Though am just discovering how much hard work I still have to put in. My friend with a band told me I would never have that miserable hunger again, or would never binge again. For me that's not how it's working out. I fight that head hunger on a daily basis still and sometimes the physical hunger too. But a binge now consists of a couple to a few hundred calories, not thousands as in the past. So no real damage done. I suppose it will take time to change a lifetime of bad habits and using food as a comfort. I have lost over two stone. I started my journey at 15st five and a half pounds and am now down to 13 stone and three quarters of a pound :) that's a quarter of a pound off 2 stone five and a half pounds. Though I was around 16 1/2 stone at my heaviest

Two goals to hit within the next couple of weeks.... Loss 2 1\2 stones....get out of those pesky teens

My husband wanted to buy me new hiking boots yesterday (I am hoping to climb Ben Nevis at Easter) and would like to start breaking in some new boots now. We went over to go outdoors, never managed to get any boots....but he bought me a gorgeous Berghaus off white fleece in an size 18. A size 18 yay!!! But also in a light colour. I am the girl who was wearing black only till they invented something darker lol

The very best of luck on your journey. By the time you are my age you will have life all Sussed out and will be your own special Wonder Woman...go girl. You will be great xxx

Crystal banded and Kirsty I think I shall calls you all now as my banded best buds from the web :)
I've taken photos banded.... If that's not a kick up the a*#e then I don't know what is and your right 26 is a great age to start my journey at let's kick some banded butt :)

Had a hardish night partner sat and ate a kebab and chips in front of me and since being banded that's all my head could think about lol but I sat and had a cup a soup and the beefyness kinda made it easy and stopped the mouth watering over his kebab!

Finding I want to weight myself daily, I weighed yesterday and am thinking perhaps I should leave it till Thursday if I can as I would have been banded a week then :) xxx

Good luck Gemma, I will be following your thread as I want to have a gastric band. I go for my consultation at Gatwick Spire on 20th Oct, having read many threads on here I can't wait. I just don't want to be controlled by food anymore and to stop bingeing! X

Good luck xenia67

The first two months are hard, it's a emotional rollercoaster where u kinda grieve for the loss of being able to eat the way we do. But ride it. It's worth it trust me. It's so hard going restaurants and getting that massive portion and just looking thinking I wanna shovel it in... And you can't... Trust me you will try and the pain is unreal followed by this speedy gush of slime in your mouth then up it all comes.... ( PBing) we have all done it .... ;-) it's a learning curve.

Keep us posite banded bestie! Lol

Good luck xenia67 The first two months are hard, it's a emotional rollercoaster where u kinda grieve for the loss of being able to eat the way we do. But ride it. It's worth it trust me. It's so hard going restaurants and getting that massive portion and just looking thinking I wanna shovel it in... And you can't... Trust me you will try and the pain is unreal followed by this speedy gush of slime in your mouth then up it all comes.... ( PBing) we have all done it .... ;-) it's a learning curve. Keep us posite banded bestie! Lol

Thanks Banded, I have been following your thread too, and I'm so amazed at how well you have done. I just want to get cracking now, I seem to be putting my life on hold at the moment, but you know what, I think I might start being good today. I just wanted to show the surgeon etc that I could lose a large amount of weight on my pre op diet but I'm going to record eating etc on MFP?

Hubby makes me mad bringing crap into the house and unfortunately self control is not my strong point LOL I don't understand they love to see us slim/buy us nice smaller clothes yet still think we can eat the same as them.... or eat it in front of us thinking its going to have no affect LOL
Doh went sainsburys shopping yesterday, after a nightmare week. I headed to the fruit and veg isles yum............ and in all honesty i love buying fresh foods, i get all excited browsing at all the yummy ness. I filled up my trolley with veg for soups and salad stuff by the time i'd got to checkout there were sandwiches, cakes and biscuits in there !!!! Grrr me thinks this would be alot easier if i lived alone !!!!

WTG all us banded girlies your right let kick but :) one day at a time x x x x xx Hugs all x x xx I'd never be where i am without the fantastic support here

Are they sore?

Looks good. They should heal nicely. Make sure u clean the area up so you don't get deep scaring like I got ( oooops! Left my cm scab to dry and it was still in tack 6 weeks later) it's a deep scar I have now. I ok with it though ;-)

Are they sore? Looks good. They should heal nicely. Make sure u clean the area up so you don't get deep scaring like I got ( oooops! Left my cm scab to dry and it was still in tack 6 weeks later) it's a deep scar I have now. I ok with it though ;-)

They was sore yeah Hun but they are getting better now they was itchy

Since the 25th September till today I've lost 1st 5lbs :) I have one more week left on soups ect that can be eat thro a straw then I shall be on mushed foods any of you guys got any good ideas for me xxxx

No luck on my last post hoping I will this time I'm looking for food tips when we go onto the mushed stage please x

Sorry Gemma, never saw this originally.

Are you going straight to mushy or are you doing purée first?

I'm only on week 1 of purée having done 3 weeks of liquid. I'm currently having thicker soups and am just puréeing regular foods. For example, I cooked roast chicken for everyone on Sunday, plated up a couple of extra plates of chicken, veg and gravy and popped it in the food processor thingy to make it into a purée. I think the priority is to get your protein intake up so you can heal well.

Back