• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pre op diet tomorrow

audra

omg ive not even started this diet yet an already panicing that i cant do this milk an yoguarts for 10 days =( x

Have faith in yourself, you can do it. I'm not going to lie, it's not easy. Think of the goal at the end. A whole new you :)

It's 10 days out of the rest of your life. It's not much. Stay focussed. You CAN do it !!!

It's not as bad as you think, keep thinking of your long term goal and have loads of early nights!! X

I spread mine out over the day and to be honest I have only felt hungry a few times. I think psychologically our will power takes over because it's so important to stick with it. I am on day 9 now and have 5 days left. It has been really hard at times and I do miss food but I want to feel confident that when I get to the operating room my liver will have shrunk enough. I've heard that some people have got there only to find it couldn't go ahead because there liver is still too big. That would be the worse thing ever. All that hard work for nothing.

Although it has been hard, I feel so much better for not having anything crap in my body.

You can definitely do this xx

Last edited:
well first day in pre op diet ok so far not feeling hungry at min but im sure i will later x

I don't know if it was just a mental thing, but I wasn't hungry at all, after the first yoghurt of the day, I just tried to keep as busy as possible, to drink loads and slept as much as I could!! Lol x

I have been looking at this today - should have to do this in Feb for my op. I dont like milk, can only have it on cereal, not even in coffee. But I like milkshake, can you add anything to the milk to make it into a shake? BEST OF LUCK AND KEEP AT IT!!!

lol ya i been in my bedroom all day changing it round just been down had a coffee made with milk nearly used all me milk up which i didnt find hard as i drink alot all through day well days nearly over an ive managed my first day on milk an yogs so hope i can carry on an thanx guys for supports means alot to me x

ya u can add crusha to milk to make milk shake but i dont mind making coffee with mine but im not a coffee drinker but its only for 10 days so ill stick with coffee x oo an it must be low sugar one x

Last edited:
I have been looking at this today - should have to do this in Feb for my op. I dont like milk, can only have it on cereal, not even in coffee. But I like milkshake, can you add anything to the milk to make it into a shake? BEST OF LUCK AND KEEP AT IT!!!

NAS crusha is the thing to add to it, whisk it up in a smoothie maker or blender with ice and it will be even more filling :)

Thanks - going on Tesco online to have a look. Keep busy! My house needs digging out so maybe this may not be such a bad thing when it finally happens x

ur doing great cath coz ur on it for 2 weeks i guess im lucky i got 10 days to do cant wait till im on day 9 lol x

Not sure how many carbs there are in Bovril but I've been low-carbing for years and I'd say sugar free jelly is fine. I'd be very surprised to find-out that it isn't. Just make sure the pack doesn't state 'no added sugar'! The Rowntree's sachet flavours are yummy.

ya quiet filling jelly really didnt have a good night last night i dont like milk but been drinking it as i have to but last night for some reason it didnt stay down oh well another day lets see what today brings just 1 week to wait x

can u have sugar free jelly and brovril drinks on pre op or not ?

Some providers allow their patients one a day some say avoid altogether (quite high in carbs is bovril) - I would suggest you ask your provider as your unsure as you dont wanna chance it and then when it comes too surgery you dont get it. By the way did your provider give u a pre op diet sheet??? If its not on the list of things you can have then u simply cannot have it . Wishing you all the best. BD x

Back