• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre op diet!

has anyone done the pre op diet from rake lane hosp?
just wondering which diet im likely to be given, (if suregeon says yes that its lol )

Hi Wencho, do you mean Rake Lane in North Tyneside? I didn't know they did the surgery. I thought only SRH did it in the North East? interesting!

3 sleeps left, eeeeeek! Have felt hungry yesterday. Wonder if I am associating pre op stress with need for food? Obviously have reached for a snack during stress in old days.....

There is soo much variety in these pre-op diets. Mine (Mr Ahmed, Derby) seems quite generous, as you can eat 'real' food, as long as it is measured and weighed etc. I'm on day 2 of a 14 day diet and my op is Oct 6th.
However, one thing it doesn't say is whether I'm allowed beans. Does anyone know??
And also, does anyone know about Fry-Fite, Oxo or Soy-Sauce?? I could make my 50g of meat and 100g of veg far more interesting if I could use these ingredients :)

There is loads of variety isn't there? All I am allowed on my pre op diet is 3 pints of milk and 2 low fat yogurts, plus unlimited water and sugar free juice. I am on a semi liquid diet now and with that I get same as pre op but also plain salad for lunch and 3oz lean meat and boiled/steamed veggies for tea. Have been doing that for 18 days and I have lost 12lb so far :)

I wonder why there is such variety, wish I could have sugar free jelly, would make a change from the yogurts, miss having a banana with my brekkie too, but nvm, will all be worth it on 15th October xx

Back