• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-Oppers... Anyone want to join me trying to lose some weight pre op?

Of course you can join us hun. The more the merrier.

Ive just had Shepherds pie for my tea and some lush home made rice pudding. Yummy. But thats my last fattening meal for a while. Not decided what Im going to eat tomorrow yet, but will make sure I take a packed lunch to work as that my biggest downfall at the mo.

I have a fab low fat Shepherds Pie recipe if you would like it. It is lush!

Just wanted to wish everyone luck who is starting their diet today. Just remember that every 1lb we can lose before our ops reduces the risk of surgery to us.

Good Luck Everyone xxx

good luck girls xxx

Helloo, how is everyone getting on so far?? I turned down chips at lunch time for a salad instead... That took dedication!! Xxxx

I will join you in a few weeks Sam. I am due my second lot of appts. 18th August, and with Luton trust they will put me on a 4 week milk diet, then when I go back I will be given a 1,000 cal diet to use till I go back on the milk diet 1 week pre op, so dont think I could do more before, I do watch what I eat so as Idont gain. However I will need help and support big time when I am doing that milk diet so watch this space................I'll be back !!

Jay xx

Well - I started this morning. Going well until my little granddaughter said "Nana, can we make cakes?" !!!!!!! We did, and I didn't eat one. I packed them up for her to take home.

So, going well so far with Slimfast. I shake it up in a cocktail shaker and, instead of ice I drop in a couple of chunks of frozen banana. Yum.
Tonight is the test, cumberland sausages with red onion gravy. They are chipolatas so not too bad and I will measure out my mashed potato with an ice cream scoop.

The biggest sabotager (sp?) of diets is my son - he buys all kinds of stuff. Last night we had beef stroganoff, which is bad enough, but he made a starter of king prawns cooked in garlic butter!!! Just knowing that I will be coming on here is enough to keep me on the straight and narrow so good luck everyone. Lets keep those pounds rolling off.

Well done Porpo for turning down chips... it will be worth it in the end.

Marion, your tea sounds lush. Ive not been in long so just had a tin of big soup for my tea. Not very imaginative but low in cals. Ive only had about 1100 cals max so far today including my tea so have some left for later if I get the munchies.

A very successful first day. We should all be proud of ourselves xx

Ooh Im glad weve got so many joining in. Kats... definitely use it as a food diary hun if its what helps you. I may do the same. We can also use the thread if we need to be talked out of eating something we shouldnt.

Snow, I thought about using up some of my CD packs too. I'm not sure how many I have left. I'll have a count - but tbh, I think I will be better using those for the actual pre op diet to shrink my liver instead of going out and getting more. Do you have your funding yet hun? The reason I ask is that whilst it is tempting to try and lose the weight quickly with CD, I wouldnt do something like that till the funding is in place, and you are not far over the magic BMI40 hun. Why not just go slow and steady till funding and then go for it big time with the cambridge?

Hi Sam

I think you are right as I do not have funding in place yet...I actually asked my GP on Friday if I had the funding or not yet...he said that once the surgeon has accepted me for surgery, the PCT who meet once a month will say yes or no...All my doctors don't seen to think it will be an issue...Well, that's the impression I have so far.

The question of whether we can lose some weight prior to surgery I brought up at my group meeting and the surgeon said it would be good...it show that we are willing to help ourselves and not to worry too much about it as he is well aware that without surgery we will all put the weight back on anyway...(He had sooo the right attitude, but funding might not be his decision.

My CD packs are good for a few months anyway so maybe best to keep them for later.

As for the Monday morning diet...I had to fast last night for some blood test this morning, which ended up being done around midday...I was dying for a coffee so we went to SavaCentre and had a sausage sandwich and a small pastry...

How you doing?

(((hugs)))

food diary n weight at 6/7/09
305 ib bmi 56.1 this is wonderfull if scales at boots are roughly same as hospital ive already lost 13 lb and bmi gone down from 58.2

im no good at this computer lark right ill try again breakfastt 2 cups of coffe with swetner dinner a gregs meat and potato pasty tea batcholars pasta n sauce jacket potato ,peas. snacks 2 toast with a banana on, 3strawberries n 6 grapes, small bowl boiled rice, still flaverd no call water during day. cup of coffe with swetner n ss milk got stuff in now so hopefully beter day tomorow

Hi Sam

The question of whether we can lose some weight prior to surgery I brought up at my group meeting and the surgeon said it would be good...it show that we are willing to help ourselves and not to worry too much about it as he is well aware that without surgery we will all put the weight back on anyway...(He had sooo the right attitude, but funding might not be his decision.

How you doing?

(((hugs)))

Hey Snow, Im doing good thanks. Very glad to have the first day under my belt. Thats always the hardest day for me on any new diet.

Your doc has the right idea, but I was still paranoid about dropping below BMI40 before funding was in place. I have put weight on since I started this journey and I was I think BMI42. YOu are right though, any weight lost is a help and its because we cant keep it off that we need WLS.

Hope the blood tests come back ok hun xx

food diary n weight at 6/7/09
305 ib bmi 56.1 this is wonderfull if scales at boots are roughly same as hospital ive already lost 13 lb and bmi gone down from 58.2

WOW Kat, thats incredible hun. Well done. You are doing brilliantly.

I forgot to weight yesterday morning but did it this morning and Im pleased to see that my ticker is accurate and i havent gained any more in the last month. I was steadily gaining weight so Im pleased that my half hearted dieting attempts have at least put a stop to that.

Yesterday was a very good dieting day. I only had about 1300 cals in total so very pleased. I would love to shift a stone before I start my "proper" pre op diet.

thanks sam i was stuned i dont know how i lost that but a few people have kept asking have i lost weight and i kept saying no, maybee because i now im having surgery all the presurs goneand im not so wound up about losing it anymore. the same thing happend wen i was trying for a bayby years ago tried for 7 years finally gave up wanting one was pregnant a few weeks later and then had 3 on the trot. food diary for 7/7/09 --breakfast --- grapes, strawberries, banana, satsuma, with a dash of milk drink of flavoured water. dinner ------- slice of toast, no spread, beans, 2 boiled eggs water tea---------- veg stirfry ,nosyn beef noodles, hand full of grapes snacks-------grapes, 1 banana, flavoured water , 2 cups of coffe witth sweetner, small bowl of rice puding (some boiled rice that was left from sons tea added some milk from allowance and sweetner) i kow it was long grain rice but it was loverly

Blimey don't know how I missed this thread! I've been seriously thinking about getting some off too.

I had my sleep test results today and the doctor I saw said he would be sending the results straight to coppack and mannur and said hopefully it will speed things up!

Considering I have put on about 4 stone since I was first referred for wls I really do need to get some off. I'm feeling like my head is finally in the right place to try and do this and Ive finally been mentally and emotionally psyching myself up for the op as it seems real now.

Had intended to start on Monday but as it was my bday today (tues) and I wanted to have my cake and eat it lol I thought I would try thursday.

So count me in :) Great idea btw Sam :)

Hey Swizzle, welcome aboard hun. The more the merrier. Happy birthday for yesterday hun.

Yesterday was a fairly good day but I prob had slightly over my intended 1500 cals.... Id say more like about 1650, but not too bad compared to what I have been eating recently.

Feeling positive for day 3. Bring it on!

Well done for today Sam :)

I think it only human to go over your set limit from time to time, after all we are human!

I've just gone into bodyshock lol my body isnt used to eating until about 3pm, dont usually 'do' breakfast but have just eaten a bowl of rice crispies with a teaspoon of splenda and semi skimmed milk.

Oooh ooh, might be a good idea for me to check the scales today being as it looks like I'm doing day 1 :)

I'm not following a particular diet although the dietician and Homerton did tell me months ago I should be having

2 portions of protein (3 fish fingers = 1 portion,40z minced meat = 1 portion, 1 small chkn breast = 1 portion half tin of baked beans = 1 portion, 2 eggs= 1 portion)
7 portions of starchy (bread 1 med slice, potatoes 2 egg sized or 1 medium jacket pot, 1 pitta, 1 naan,rice, 3 tbs cooked pasta each equals 1 portion)
2 portions dairy ( 1 small pot low fat yog, 100gm cottage cheese, matchbox sized piece of cheese each equals 1 portion)
7 portions fruit and veg
2 portions oils and spreads, dressings and jams (1level teaspoon oil or butter, 2 level tsp lo fat spread, 2 tsp salad dressing1 tsp jam, honey or syrup each equals 1 portion)
Up to 4 extras (whatever that is)? AH yes I remember an example is a 2 finger kitkat

I may see how I get on roughly following this, it does seem high carb to me though! Sending lots of willpower to everyone else who is trying too Xx

couldnt resist geting on scales in boots today and since monday ive lost another 2 lbs wen i did it before (sw) i lost 8 lbs in first week so heres hoping im doing same now.BREAKFAST........ grapes,strawberries, pinapple with a splash of milk, coffe with ss milk n sweetner. DINNER....... 2 toast (dry) with sliced tomatoes on. TEA...... lettice, tommato , onion and some pasta bake withe a sausage in. SNACKS.... flavoured water 2 coffes, 1 banana some grapes SUPPER (i was starvin)..... 2 slices bread with lettice and tined ham and a bit of salad cream.

Well done today Kat :)

I started off the day well
bowl rice crispies with ss milk and 1tsp splenda

lunch 2 slices of toast with cheese spread on them. handful of strawberries, handful of grapes.

Dinner 1 pitta, 1tbs hummus, half tbs tzatziki, rocket and diced balsamic chicken with onion.

then got the munchies.....grrhhhh and grazed on some choc and some sushi. I am now suffering for it and sipping mint tea with a hottie water bottle on my tummy! Tomorows another day as they say...onward and upward.

Good morning Everyone.... sounds like we are all doing well.

Swizzle dont worry about the choc. It sounds like a small blip in an otherwise very healthy day.

Can you believe we are on day 4 already! I dont feel as though I have lost anything as TOTM is looming, but havent been on the scales yet so am hoping for a nice surprise by weigh day on Monday.

Back