• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Preston Meet

Cleggy, I googled gastric bypass and it gave me stats on America, 200,000 people per year have gastric bypass but only 30,000 are men (15%)! The article went on to say it might be because of social stigma. Here is a link:
Men & Gastric Bypass Surgery: Is There a Social Stigma?

Did you feel that there was a stigma as man to ask for weight loss surgery??

I had noticed a tiny portion of this forum was male but I put down to what you said that women are more keen to seek out a support network but it looks like the small number of men may be indicative of less men getting surgery!

Nic;)
Nic - Thank's for the link, I will take a look when I get a mo.

I must admit I never gave stigma a thought. I believed that I was the only one out here needing to go to what I thought was extreme measures but I had got to the stage of Hey what the hell - I am having this and no one will stop me. As I have mentioned before I wished that I had heard about this site pre - op! I mentioned to the dieticean today that they should pass out the web site details to any pre-op patients and I am sure that they would feel so much better as they prepare themselves what can be quite a traumatic time I guess.

Good idea Cleggy. Am seeing mine next week - will suggest the same!!

I think we should all wear name badges:8855::8855::8855:eek:nly joking, i'm Sally :p:pbut Grom I will still call you grom cos I love it:8855::8855::8855:

lol - it's short for gromit!!

Hi all, sorry for such late input was waiting till nearer the time to see if I can make it. As it stands I won`t b able to join u unfortunately as my friend is over that moved abroad a while back. If anything changes I`ll let u know as I`d love to come and meet everyone over a few j2o`s lol.

Mintball Fair play to you. I had put it down to pre-op nerves but really you seem to be very coooooooool. How are you really feeling knowing you are only a couple of days away?

& Grom as Mintball kindly pointed out Loser would be more appropriate. Typeo's can drop you in the sticky stuff if you are not careful says he!

I'm strangely calm actually I think it will hit me tomorrow night as i'm checking through my hspital bag etc x x x

I'm up for the badges too! Hey did anyone watch supersize Vs superskinny last night?

Well, I may be "a celeb" lol cos I was on you are what you eat, but my friend Andy who might be coming to the meet was on supersize Vs superskinny lasy year, so you have 2 celebs attending LOL!!!

Can we be the fat posh and becks!!!

Hiya
I'm just wondering if your friend Andy is the same friend of mine!! lol he was on supersize vs superskinny last year! Has he got twins??

Nic xx

Hiya
I'm just wondering if your friend Andy is the same friend of mine!! lol he was on supersize vs superskinny last year! Has he got twins??

Nic xx

He certainly has - 4 kids in total and married to Anne, his brother is a big lad too called Dave x x x

He certainly has - 4 kids in total and married to Anne, his brother is a big lad too called Dave x x x

Hiya Lisa

Small world eh, I've known Dave and Andy for years, we virtually grew up together, trying to get Dave to come too xxx

nice one x x x

Hi Guys - Any updates? Everything OK for Saturday?

I'm still coming:bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss:

Was just talking to Dazali & Bendybubbles about the meet, they are thinking about coming. Me & HC confirmed tonight that we will be there. Hope lots of other peeps are coming!

I'll be there - I'm badge monitor!

so far so good, I'll be there, but don't pin a badge on me, Im so full of trapped wind it could be dangerous!!!!

so far so good, I'll be there, but don't pin a badge on me, Im so full of trapped wind it could be dangerous!!!!
Mintball - Glad to see you back. I have not looked at other threads yet RUOK?

Cheers Linda,

Yeah I'm not too bad CLeggy, this is first day that i would say that though. Went out to Sainsburys with my mum today to try to find some food i can blend that doesn't taste like crap!!

Could barely fasten my jeans i'm so bloated but other than that OK. I'm sleeping really well which makes everything else that much easier to handle x x x

Can everyone that is attending on saturday please let me know by tea time friday so I can get some tables reserved for us and we can sit together....thanks...xx

Back