• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Preston Meet

Hey Carole, I will share something with you if we are there for a while but knowing us we can share with at least one other person!! I will also have a tea or coffee so we can justify taking space!

Also, I think name stickers are cute.;)

I'm up for the badges too! Hey did anyone watch supersize Vs superskinny last night?

Well, I may be "a celeb" lol cos I was on you are what you eat, but my friend Andy who might be coming to the meet was on supersize Vs superskinny lasy year, so you have 2 celebs attending LOL!!!

Can we be the fat posh and becks!!!

blimey didn't realise we had celebs in attendance - do I need a tiara??

Hell yeah!!1 You need to get there early and warm our seats...the lot!!!

He he, this is why i got so pigged off when PCT told me to take a running jump for funding..its not as if I haven't tried EVERYTHING to lose weight, for goodness sake, not many people would resort to letting an angry, skinny, scottish woman poke through their poo on tv!!!!

I just spoke to ANdy my friend and told him he has to come for Cleggys sake x x x

Hell yeah!!1 You need to get there early and warm our seats...the lot!!!

He he, this is why i got so pigged off when PCT told me to take a running jump for funding..its not as if I haven't tried EVERYTHING to lose weight, for goodness sake, not many people would resort to letting an angry, skinny, scottish woman poke through their poo on tv!!!!

I just spoke to ANdy my friend and told him he has to come for Cleggys sake x x x
Eh Lisa Nice touch. I am now convinced Gastric Bypasses are predominently for Ladies............ I have just returned from my 1st Support Group meeting @ the Alex and I could only see 2 other Guys other than me who had surgery and there were loads and loads and loads of LADIES [I suppose the other side of it could be that the Guys just don't get involved in this follow up / on line support buisness] but HEY myself and Mrs C have had a really good night, plenty of banter and a good presentation by Mr Agwunobi. If that is really the case they don't know what they are missing...........You lot are maaaaaaaaaad!

No wonder Mrs C went with you Cleggy!!!

Cleggy, I googled gastric bypass and it gave me stats on America, 200,000 people per year have gastric bypass but only 30,000 are men (15%)! The article went on to say it might be because of social stigma. Here is a link:
Men & Gastric Bypass Surgery: Is There a Social Stigma?

Did you feel that there was a stigma as man to ask for weight loss surgery??

I had noticed a tiny portion of this forum was male but I put down to what you said that women are more keen to seek out a support network but it looks like the small number of men may be indicative of less men getting surgery!

Nic;)

Hey I bought all my badge makin gear today! Let me know who you want to be folks!!

lets cut to the chase as to why its more women than men......have you ever nursed a man through man flu?!?!?!?!?!

lets cut to the chase as to why its more women than men......have you ever nursed a man through man flu?!?!?!?!?!
Steady on Mintball ............... under the belt! What do you mean the truth hurts lol!

Grom I would like on my badge I'm Cleggy and I'm proud to be a looser!

Only kiddin Cleggy, maybe us women are more vain, I mean when you're this close to perfection, its only right to take the final step!!!

P.s. Cleggy, you may want to re-think ur badge cos you requested its says looser, I'm hoping you mean loser or my imagination will go into overdrive lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mintball Fair play to you. I had put it down to pre-op nerves but really you seem to be very coooooooool. How are you really feeling knowing you are only a couple of days away?

& Grom as Mintball kindly pointed out Loser would be more appropriate. Typeo's can drop you in the sticky stuff if you are not careful says he!

Back