• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Rake Lane/North Tyneside Update

ooooo im not sure i just no wen i rang her she sed they needed my report 1st to check ad completed 75% or more of it and not put on any of the weeks n also tht they needed my b4 n after stats to see if i cud go any further in process....worth a try tho tht was just wat i was told xxx

Hi everyone :) how are you all doing ? Just giving everyone a quick update, well I'm nearly 6 weeks post op and doing really well bar got the biggest bout of man flu (I feel like pants) lol. Iv been sneezing and hurts my stomach a bit. But other than that I'm great, took the littlin to wallsend park today and going to ashington soft play tomorrow :) i start solids on Wednesday and I can't wait lol food going great still not felt hunger and also not been sick yet. I can tolerate most foods even eggs and broccoli which are problem foods, only thing I had a reaction too was pureed meatball but will give it a try again in a few weeks. One of my scars still has glue on one side and opened the other but the glue is stuck on solid (I just want to pick it off) lol. Hope everyones well and doing great x x x

fantastic suzie ur doin fab. 7 weeks for me today and feeling great scars r healing nicely and starting to fade and im on solids although i tend to still have a Sunday dinner mashed as i can eat bit of everything with 1 mouthful instead of separate...find i got too full the normal way and was worried i wasn't getting a bit of everything lol. not started exercise yet but had a few trips to town..metro centre and ikea so all that walking was enuf for now haha....shopping is a hard life eh hehehe xxx

Hello girls!
Well my scabs have came off all of my wounds so at least I can see I'm healing now instead of blind panic. GP and nurse have told me my scars are going to be gruesome but I was never going to be an underwear model so I'll live!!
I'm going back to work on Monday as I want to start getting back in a routine and I've ordered a pedometer for the occasion.
I've got a lovely new ipod touch for my bday so I've downloaded motivational music and a couch to 5k app and I'm going to start at the weekend with that.
I just feel I should be getting along the gym but I'm going to wait a little while longer.
Food is going OK. I do get a horrible pain sometimes when I first start eating which feels like I'm going to suffocate but it goes after 30 seconds but other than that I seem to be OK. I accidentally stuck a tiny piece of fudge in my mouth yesterday and went an awful colour and had to lie down which I assume is me dumping in my own way so leasson learned (don't have anything that can make me poorly in arms reach!!).
Concerned the weight is coming off slowly but somehow the inches are really moving instead so happy with that.
Anyway glad you're both well ladies!!!
xx

my weight loss isnt that great either louise but same as you the inches are making up for it...i assume our bodies will sort this out btween them and even up at some point lol...i was told by the nurse that a bypass has a higher overall weight loss but over a longer period than a sleeve...the sleeve u see faster results so im not reali worried that its nothing grand each week wen i get on the scales.....lost 21lb in 7 weeks so its still a fab loss reali like lol xxxx

Cheers honey.
I've lost 1lb this week so in 6 weeks it's 19lbs so it sounds like we're losing at the same weight.
I tried on a size 14 All Saints coat that has never buttoned up and it fits perfectly so the inches are definately being kind.
We'll get there in the end.
xx

Hi everyone weigh in day and I lost 3 lb taking me to 13.9 since op I have lost a total of 22 lb so not much difference between all of us. I'm not loosing much inches now as still in 20 bottom and 18 top. But I have to realise it is nothing like when I was 18 and this weight (size 16 top and bottom) I have had a child and my shape is all different now. I'm happy to just plod along and take my time. You's are both doing great :) and I certainly know I would never have got this low without this op, tend to get stuck at around 15 stone and start putting on again. To get down to this weight and know I will keep it off and loose more weight and eating foods that are healthy and enjoy is great. How's everyone coping with solids? I had my first yesterday and I thought I was eating a small amount on soft but on solid it's just ridiculous lol I got myself overly stuffed which I don't like the feeling of so I will have to concentrate more through solids to fined my point. X

Hi Suzie. I'm struggling with my eating to be honest. It's hard to get it all in. I'm using Fitness Pal and it's scary how little I'm eating when it seems like tonnes & I'm full all of the time.
I had spag bol last night and managed half of a tiny bowl and felt I was going to burst.
I'm sure we'll get used to our little pouches soon!!!
xx
PS well done on the 3lbs hun. I managed 1lb but it's TOTM AGAIN!!! This op seems to have given me permanent periods too!

Sorry to hear about eating I think it will just take time to get accustom to it all, think now we are moving onto solids it will be a bit hit and miss. I have got in the mood for cooking and have started making some nice meals and freezing batches. This week the slow cooker has been out and now having chicken casserole for a few days and have froze some portions. I made like a potato, collie and broccoli bake this weeks aswell next week it's sausage casserole and home made soup made with lentils and gammon joint yum yum. It's good to be able to cook nice meals and afford it because one batch makes loads of meals. I'm still spotting too even though I have been on cerrezete for 2 weeks now I would of thought it would stop. Coming onto 5 months now I'm getting a bit sick lol. X

I've also had more bleeding!!! Seems like a get over 1 and anutha begins...must b confusing for all parts of the body not just the belly haha....the solid portion size is def ridic like i eat 4-5 mouthfuls if im lucky....not sure if that's enuf but my pouch def thinks it is n.i start burping loads lol...def not ready to eat in public haha xxx

I've eaten in public a couple of times and each time I've been embarassed at the way I'm spoken to by waiters for barely eating anything but I don't want to ask for a childrens portion and advertise my bypass. Hey ho.
I used to have the depo injection to stop my periods and I'm going tomorrow to start having it again. Hopefully that should sort it out.
I just wish my body would stop being so confused and start losing weight lol.
xx

Hi Louise that's what has started me off spotting the depo injection, I've had it before and my periods stopped but not this time I have bled constantly for nearly 5 months (common side affect apparently) So have had to go on cerezette which is a mini pill which does stop most peoples period. I have been taking it for 2 weeks now and I am lighter so starting to work. I was like a raging bull on injection too lol it's going to take a few months before I'm back to normal but hopefully the pill might help with some of the symptoms of the injection. I will definitely never get the depo again. X

add me on myfitnesspal lou...user wencho....i havent used it 2 track food yet cos im mainly eating homemade soups etc and ive no idea how 2 log them in haha....im guna start using it from 2moro tho even if its just my drinks and snacks that i can account 4.
i reali need 2 start eating a bit better i think...possibly more scared 2 try anything new than anything else lol....guna have weight watcher spag bol if 1 in freezer tho and my daughter can have the rest, been dyin 4 some lol, ive had pasta a few times and its went dwn fine so im sure that will too...ive had rice aswel...just a few mouthfuls and found i was full reali quick but not sickly full so i think aslong as its only a few mouthfuls here n there il b fine with that aswell....just been updating my tickers and signature while on lappy...help me keep on track and let ppl no how im doing lol xxxx

I will do hun.
I've been eating quite normal foods but like you say in really very very small portions.
Good luck & let us know how you get on..
Suzie you've changed my mind for me lol. Decided to stay at home and research before I jump into it! Thank you hun.
xx

I've got the implant in me arm a luv it! Don't need to do out for 3yr haha...a did have cerazette b4 this implant and i fell pregnant on it so went bk to implant....i only had to get it removed in 1st place cos i was suffering nose bleeds and severe migranes so had to check it wasn't that ...which it wasn't so i went bk on it 6 weeks after avin youngest. Def Wat im sticking to lol

Weigh in day (week 7) and I'm 13.7 so lost another 2 lb and a total of 24 lb since op. Only another 4 lb and that will be 2 stone off, so hopefully will get that in the next 2 weeks. :) x

Well done Suzie. I've stayed the same this week. A little bit scared I'm stalling this early but hey ho. I'm 3 dress sizes down which probably means I'm losing inches not lbs so hopefully the weight will start moving again this week. I'm back to work so the extra moving around should help and joining gym next weekend.
How are you feeling?
xx

I ve not weighed in yet but hopefully lookin at 2lb going off last few weeks. I've upped my food intake this week but barely been out house so no exercise at all so that myt have an impact im thinkin lol. Had lasagne lastnyt was yummy! Still think my portion size could b a little small but def putting a bit more in than last week. Think by now its supposed to be a weight watchers / side plate size but i def cudnt handle that much just yet but hopefully in a few weeks i can...only thing im not sure of is...is ww/side plate portion ment to be for all meals or just main meal at this stage? Well done suzie on loss and Lou i stayed the same 1 of my weeks think week 7 so dnt worry like u say inches r comin off n did to me to so i put scales to bk of my mind and ordered new clothes instead haha xx

Back