• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Rake Lane/North Tyneside Update

Wow Louise 3 dress sizes well done :) think I'm going to take a leaf out of your book wencho and I have gave up the scales for lent. Since the three of us Started off with bmi of around 40-45 we don't have much to loose it's reflected on the scales, don't get me wrong I'm so happy with my 2-3 lb weight loss a week. It's just now I want this not to be a diet and just eat normally. I'm sick of concentrating in what the scales say and this way of eating and living is for life. I'm so happy with my sleeve and can't thank mr woodcock enough. Hehehe enough rambling from me, the child is after her tea lol speak soon x x x

I am three and half weeks post op and lost 16lbs in first two weeks , but worried as not lost no weight in eight days x

Tracey37 said:
I am three and half weeks post op and lost 16lbs in first two weeks , but worried as not lost no weight in eight days x

16lbs that's great, I have lost 24lbs and I'm 7 weeks post op. I think we will all have stalls where are body says hold on a minute what's happening, then it starts loosing again. Plus don't forget the weight loss on the pre op diet. So it will be quite a bit in 5.5 weeks :) x

Tracey37 said:

Tracey, I am doing the same. I lose for several days then don't lose for about a week. It's normal. I was freaking out too! Hang in there! I was getting really frustrated and impatient too. We're in this together!

I think we're all in the same boat ladies. I'm averaging 1lb a week now (and stayed the same this week) but my loss is becoming noticeable now. People are starting to say how well I look and how slim I'm looking which gives me more of a, "glow" than seeing the scales move.
I think we should all try forgetting about the scales for a bit and concentrate on how much better we feel in ourselves. The scales have ruled us for too long lol.
xx

Glad I am not the only one ladies , hope you are all doing well

I also stayed the same this week but im not arsed cos my arse is shrinking muahahaha....think its time to exercise and work my new pouch off lol x

Am thinking its starting to get used to the small amount so harder work is now needed to push it along agen?? Wud kinda make sense cos Av done very little exercise way so far just the odd walk round the metro centre or ikea and I've sed it for weeks that im guna go bk on wii fit plus but i still didn't get round to it lol....def guna do it this week and my aim is half an hour a day on the stepping to ease me bk in...im great other than tht tho...hope ur well too xx

Hi everyone I was trying to give up my scales for lent but couldn't do it lol. So this weeks weigh in is I'm now 13.3 so 4lb loss for me this week and a total of 2 stone loss in 8 weeks. I have started to try and run a little when taking the dog out, I can't get far and have to be very careful with my back but managing a little bit more each day even if i do luck totally stupid lol. Hope everyone enjoys the gym and exercise and good luck on your first work out :) hope you's are doing ok? X

Hi Suzie. I lost 2.5 lbs this week so the stall is over. I've lost 49.5 lbs in total but most of that was before the op to be honest.
It's put me in to the 12s so I've over the moon.
I've upped my protein and liquids so I do think it's exercise that will move it a little quicker.
Well done you. You must be over the moon!!
xx

Great news on the 2.5 weight loss and even better for getting into the 12 :) how are you managing at work ? X

I lost 2lb this week so pleased tht im moving agen too! Must have been the exercise lol. Well done to both yous!!! Xx

Well done Wencho. Suzie work is OK. I went back to a massive workload so I'm a bit tired really. I did half days last week and full days this week and I suppose I'm just glad I'm back out of the house and getting back to normal.
How are you in yourself?
Wencho what exercise have you been doing honey?
xx

Hi louise glad your enjoying your work :) the only thing I'm struggling with is the 1 hour after eating to drink it's a bit of a pain and don't know why they don't use the 30 mins rule. Is it join day for the gym for you today :) hope you have fun, I would love to join but just can't afford it :( how's the food going for you's ? X

I just do the wii fit plus....bit step aerobics...jogging....etc. Its not massively straining eitha and with the plus version it calculates calories burned which helps...all from the comfort of my own home lol. Food is going ok so is fluid but think i cud do better....im struggling with to fit in 6 feeds a day im still on 4 so need to try harder tht side of things n then maybe il get better loss???? How r yous doing? Im decorating as i type...im on a break hahaha xxx

wencho said:
I just do the wii fit plus....bit step aerobics...jogging....etc. Its not massively straining eitha and with the plus version it calculates calories burned which helps...all from the comfort of my own home lol. Food is going ok so is fluid but think i cud do better....im struggling with to fit in 6 feeds a day im still on 4 so need to try harder tht side of things n then maybe il get better loss???? How r yous doing? Im decorating as i type...im on a break hahaha xxx

I think I might have to get the wii fit back out but need the rechargeable battery pack as it costs a fortune, it's impossible to get more than 4 feeds in a day and one is still liquid for me, either milky drink or hot choc. I just can't manage more food with the one hour rule I'd rather have a cuppa tea lol. Hahaha must be something in the air i finished my bathroom 2 weeks ago and now onto my bedroom which is half way done. Have to do one wall at a time due to furniture and waiting for paste and paint to dry before moving furniture back. The easiest wall has been the only one with matching wallpaper lol. Hope it didn't take you to long :) x

I got my batteries from ebay the ones that last extra long and im sure i got the rechargey thing with them for £13 or so...def worth the money! Well its derby day today so hubby to be and the daughter r at the match and my oldest son Whos room we've been doin has been up bein sick so between looking after him and our 1yr old im not sure how much of the painting al get done but its only a small room so if i can even just manage all the cutting in the rest can b rollered later or tomorrow! Cuppa for me b4 i crack on tho....any1 want 1???? Lol xx

Back