• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Saw GP for referral today

yOU CAN DO IT BEANIE i MANAGED TO LOSE ALMOST 2 FROM GETTING THE CALL TO GOING IN BOUT 4 WEEKS, 12 CAME OFF ON THE MILK N YOGHURT DIET SO GO FOR IT. XX

Toby - how are you doing? Did you just take 2 weeks off work then?

Not even that in the end felt fine and was bored so went in only sat at desk, but they do advise 2 weeks.

Once the ball starts rolling, things go rather quickly. Just ensure the weight trickles off too and you not only meet your weight loss target, but leave it behind you.

Update:-

Received letter today with appt 22nd January to see Mr G or one of his team. Woopdiwoop
Paula

Great news Paula just do what they want and you will move forward. Take care Toby

Best of luck paula, its difficult this time of year just focus on next christmas n what you will look like, you are on your way now xx

Anyone know how long 2nd appt is please at NT? It's the one after the seminar, I'm guessing not long but you never know ........... Thanks
Paula

What are these seminars people keep mentioning? I haven't heard of these. Anyway, I was reading through the posts and what is it with GPs being unsupportive and laughing it off? I've lost count the amount of times I asked for help with my weight from the GP over the years and to be told to eat less and exercise more. Really?! I had no idea!

Anyway, good luck with your journey, Paula. Is your next appointment for an assessment with the team (dietician/surgeon/psychologist etc) do you know? Or is it a pre-operative assessment?

Sorry Samsara (used to be my favourite perfume!!!) just noticed this! Seminars are held by the bariatric team where you are going to have surgery and is basically presentations from all the team detailing their part they play and the types of surgery. Mine also went through a flow chart of appts and the nurse weighed and measured us. There were about 11 at mine. Also it's usually you're very first appt/contact with them.
Hope this helps.

Paula xxxx

I haven't been invited to any seminars? Maybe they only happen in certain PCTs? But thanks for the reply and they sound very useful! :) x x x

Last edited:
I think each one is different they have different pre op diets post op diets and criteria to qualify for surgery I feel it's a lottery which pct you live in I was lucky mr ackroyd and rio are fantastic but seen and heard of some horrid unfair ones

Yes sorry should've put where my pct is! I'm in County Durham and yes from what I've read on this forum there is absolutely no consistency or uniform approach at all!!!!!! ;/)

Back