• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Saw GP for referral today

Referral hasn't been done yet she was deliberating so watch this space!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Beanie32 said:
So rudders what stage are you at now?

Paula

Hi Paula, I've seen bariatric nurse at Chelsea and Westminster and now waiting for the pct to grant funding. Bit worried as my trust is currently in administration (Bexley). How are you doing?

when i went to my gp i was told i had to do a 6 month diet plan with the nurse at the surgery before they'd even consider referring, so i started seeing the nurse like i was told, then a month later i went and saw a different gp, she told me to do only 3 months of the dieting......so i waited a few weeks and went back and saw a locum doctor who referred me straight away, that was in back end of july this year, im hopefully (HOPEFULLY) gonna be put on waiting list at end of this month, so my advice.....see another doctor till u get what u want hun xxx

Thanks everyone I'm going to telephone GP on Monday and see what she's done will update once I know more.
Paula x

Telephone call made GP has referred me to central appts for bariatric surgery!!!! She says ill get a letter to make an appt. is this how it happens in north east? So although I thought meeting went rubbish something went ok!!!! Delighted. Watch this space
Paula x

appt.

Got a letter through the post when I got home 'choose and book' but was only given the choice of Darlington!! So, rang GP and secretary is going to ring me back as Darlington would not be my hospital of choice as I am quite often there assessing people and know the bariatric team secretary (through work!) - awkward. Therefore, I am going to see if I can get the same for James Cook hospital. When I rang DMH my appt. would be on 18th December at 5.55pm - what would happen at this appt?
Paula x

Got a letter through the post when I got home 'choose and book' but was only given the choice of Darlington!! So, rang GP and secretary is going to ring me back as Darlington would not be my hospital of choice as I am quite often there assessing people and know the bariatric team secretary (through work!) - awkward. Therefore, I am going to see if I can get the same for James Cook hospital. When I rang DMH my appt. would be on 18th December at 5.55pm - what would happen at this appt?
Paula x

YEEESSS so pleased for you Paula great result.
You will attend a seminar first, at mine the surgeon, dietician and patient that had had surgery spoke, we were weighed and given an amount to lose with a follow up appointment.
You are now on your way congratulations you deserve this. Take care Toby

I know it's great!!!!!
BUT do I go to Darlington appt on 18th December or North Tees appt 14th November??? Anyone know what the waiting is like at either? Toby - nothing for James cook til early January!!!!!!
Paula

Go with whatever you feel like babe. Most people don't get a choice so you're lucky with that. I'm glad the ball is rolling I've been following this post with everything crossed. So pleased for you x

Great news, Beanie32,
I attended the bariatric seminar on 14.8.12 at Darlington. Mr Samier and his team (Including dietician) will discuss WLS options using a powerpoint presentation. You can ask questions during the talk. The dietician will devise an eating plan for you based on your height & weight - I found this eating plan very easy to follow and maintain.
Depending on your circumstances after filling-out the question - sent to you prior to seminar - you may need to have a sleep study carried out too, if you score high enough on the questions associated with sleep apnea etc.
The team at Darlington I have found to be friendly and approachable.
I understand your concerns about having wls surgery so close to home, especially if like me you want to keep it a private matter. Good luck with your decision, I'm sure it will be the right choice which ever you decide.

Hi Paula that is excellent news have you decided yet? Will it matter to you knowing the secretary, my nephew works where I had my op and things were fine, he even sent on my thanks to the staff for all their help after I went home. But if you don't feel comfortable then go for North Tees. Don't think the list is too long f or Darlington. xx Really pleased she referred you though x

decided

rang and booked appt. for North Tees it's a seminar on 5th December at 5.30pm. No idea what to expect but it's a step in the right direction!!!
It's not that I am too bothered about DMH but I have client's who now and again are on the wards and it would be 'awkward' (for me probably!!). However, although I've chosen North Tees, just my luck that I'll meet someone I know there too - it's such a small world!!!
I'll keep in touch x Thanks for all kind wishes xxx
Paula

Paula I am at North Tees and it has only taken me 3 months and they said they try to do all within 5 so do what they require and things will go quick

Hi Beanie. The seminar will last approx 2 hrs, so take something in with you to sip on. There will be a group session. You'll get all the operations available explained to you, the dietician Sara will be there, she'll weigh you and deduct how much weight you need to lose before your next consultation.
Then maybe in the same week, she'll ring you to arrange a meeting with her to discuss all your bad eating habits - tell them everything...crisps were my vice. She'll then compile a report to the consultant and then arrange a further meeting with the consultant at a later date - perhaps a month later - to give you time to lose that extra weight required.
Then, it's anyones guess what happens next. :p

B/t/w...
Good luck, Toby!

Back