• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Saw GP for referral today

I see my consultant on the 28th. With luck I'll have an op date confirmed then, though need to push on with this diet, as I've lapsed slightly. Need to get back on track.

Hi. New on here today. Had my band removed last year due to slippage, I had this done privately. I have been seeing the consultant Mr Harris on NHS. He told me to see my gp to get a referral for a gastric sleeve alongside a hernia repair which I need doing. Got referral off Gp no problem. Got my appointment with consultant next week for Hernia Repair and gastric sleeve. All done ..... What is the next step. Please help as I'm dented and just cannot find how the system works when approached from my angle. I am now an NHS patient. Any help appreciated. Jo

Confirmation of appt for 5th December received yesterday - seminar and weight/physical info to fill in received today! Woop - exciting!!!!!

good luck tomorrow xx

Enjoy tonight Paula say hi to Mr G and Nurse Sara from me please and tell them I am doing fine, let me know how it goes. Toby

Really good seminar very informative. Mr Rao did the presentation lovely man. There were 9 of us there. Sara (says hi Toby and very pleased you are doing fine) will ring me Monday to arrange an appt probably January time and we got info for weight loss which we can start now but will be given target loss next week. Dr Rao expects surgery to be within 3-5 month timescale no longer!!!!! Feeling very positive.
Paula

Thats amazing news Paula, well you are definitely on your way, such a short time as well. What a aChristmas gift, by the time the summer comes you will be all sorted and much lighter, fab xx

Tcall from nurse Sara who informed me my target loss is 6kgs so just under 13 lbs. I will receive an appt in the post for dietician or nurse appt probably for the New Year. Well pleased with that tbh.
Paula

Great news Paula you can do 6kilos it is so worth it and you will move forward.
Keep positive and take care Toby.

Thanks you two. I know I was surprised at 6kgs really. I will cut out carbs and sugars both are my triggers and increase swimming.

Back