• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Seperate areas for types of surgery.

Would you like to see seperate areas specific to the type of surgery?

• Yes Please!

Votes: 60 88.2%
  • No thanks!

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Ive got a better idea....

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm v confused! Hope whatever's going on gets sorted soon.
This is a FAB site in my short experience and I'm so pleased I've found you all, especially Neen who has been so supportive.

Xx

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Well im not afraid to say im doing all i can to get all this stopped and the rant thread and other horrible threads taken off here..it shouldnt be like this and its awful.xxx

please can we keep this thread just for its original purpose which was to allow people to vote on whether they want separate sections or not. 87% of you have voted in favour of this at the moment

I've voted yes, the idea for navigation of the site is brilliant but the effect that doing it this way has created such a division already.
The community that I first joined on here was a very loving supportive one where we all had one goal, to improve our health and length of life by losing weight. I'd leave mesages on all threads, it didn't matter that they were choosing/using a different tool, we were all there for each other.
I hope things can get back to that way, maybe doing for one and then offering the choice to the others of it being available wasn't a fair way to introduce it. Its too late now to change that, but it does need to be known that any disruptive behaviour, that is going to offend other forum users is not permitted. Do we have to call it surgeryism?

Happy Mothers Day!

We will be making the changes to the forum today that you have all voted for.

The point of new forums is not to divide or split the forum in any way but to make it easier to organize all the very helpful and positive posts in logical sections so that new people who join to this site can also obtain the maximum value from everybody's experience.

I want to assure everybody that we do want everybody to participate in other sections of the forum not just the forum of their procedure.

- There will be no off topic sections, threads that are off topic will be moved to Chit Chat or to another relevant section and what is on topic or off topic will be at the digression of mods, of course if you want to help by reporting a thread to be moved please do so.

- All new posts on WLSurgery will always be available under the "New Posts" button on the top green bar in the middle.

- To find all new posts in the forum you are in, and its sub forums click the "Find" button.

- Diaries will still be in the usual sections

A new, dedicated section for Gastric Bypass RNY will be created.

It is currently not feasible to create a dedicated section for every procedure as we dont want people to feel lonely, or like they are "the only ones". Of course as this changes we will create new dedicated sections for those procedures. But until then it will be a single forum for:

Duodenal Switch
Gastric Sleeve
Gastric Balloon
Pose
And Other.

I hope that everybody finds this a suitable arrangement.

Pierce

Last edited:
I hope this works, I really do

Last edited:
I hope this works, I really do

Hi DaisyMaesy,

We are all with you on this and we do hope the new changes work out well and I am optimistic they will but it will just take some time to get use to the changes which I know are a lot just now but this will be the biggest changes that the forum will ever have to go through and that is why it is very important that we have the support of our members to help us during this time of transition.

I know some members are uncomfortable with change, but change has to happen in order to progress and accommodate the growing demands and needs of our members and make it easier for all to participate to find information they are looking for.

Back