• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

September 2014 Surgeries

Janetteclare

I have been prescribed one lansoprasole every morning dissolved on the tongue. Don't know how long for though. Also get the gurgling noises every mouthful I take, bit strange to be honest. Don't know if that's for life. Lol. I was prescribed lactulose by my surgeon on discharge which is strange as I'm diabetic??? I've only used it twice but will ask the question tomorrow I think about sugar content. Had one major hypo few days ago. Was really poorly in asda. Luckily my partner was with me and got me some soup in the café. Was hot, sweating, lethargic, nauseous, couldn't open my eyes. Was really scared. Have to tell myself to eat every couple of hours now. Just keep forgetting because not hungry but scared me enough to make sure I do it now.

Last edited:

Curls40

I have been prescribed one lansoprasole every morning dissolved on the tongue. Don't know how long for though. Also get the gurgling noises every mouthful I take, bit strange to be honest. Don't know if that's for life. Lol. I was prescribed lactulose by my surgeon on discharge which is strange as I'm diabetic??? I've only used it twice but will ask the question tomorrow I think about sugar content. Had one major hypo few days ago. Was really poorly in asda. Luckily my partner was with me and got me some soup in the café. Was hot, sweating, lethargic, nauseous, couldn't open my eyes. Was really scared. Have to tell myself to eat every couple of hours now. Just keep forgetting because not hungry but scared me enough to make sure I do it now.
The lansoprazole tablets are to settle the acid in our new stomach pouch,I've only had to take the lactulose once ,been regular since, I'm finding liquids aren't giving me enough engery,have been weak and tried , so I'm on purees as from Sunday night, 11 days post op,was fine after eating whizzed up veg
And chicken with gravy,
Doctors today,stitches out.

jan52

The lansoprazole tablets are to settle the acid in our new stomach pouch,I've only had to take the lactulose once ,been regular since, I'm finding liquids aren't giving me enough engery,have been weak and tried , so I'm on purees as from Sunday night, 11 days post op,was fine after eating whizzed up veg And chicken with gravy, Doctors today,stitches out.

Hi Curls, I had an MGB the day after you!.... I feel like I must be the only person having had it that feels like I could eat a scabby donkey! .... The hunger pains are really bad!
Have you tried taking in more Salt? ... Apparently we need loads extra as we are weeing it all out and that really seems to help with the fatigue and weakness!... Dr Rutledge from USA. Who seems to be the pioneer of this particular surgery has loads of really interesting videos on you tube that have given me good info if you fancy a look.
How's the weight loss going?.... Been on the scales yet?

Curls40

Hi Curls, I had an MGB the day after you!.... I feel like I must be the only person having had it that feels like I could eat a scabby donkey! .... The hunger pains are really bad! Have you tried taking in more Salt? ... Apparently we need loads extra as we are weeing it all out and that really seems to help with the fatigue and weakness!... Dr Rutledge from USA. Who seems to be the pioneer of this particular surgery has loads of really interesting videos on you tube that have given me good info if you fancy a look. How's the weight loss going?.... Been on the scales yet?
Since going going into hospital and having the MGBP I have lost 1stone 3lbs, in 11 days ,got weighed at doctors today while having stitches out,
I have no hunger pains at all, just weakness and tried, much better today after puréed food last night thou,
How's your weight loss?

jan52

WOW... That is unbelievable!... Huge Congrats!.... From the Friday ( opp day) until this Friday I lost 7 pounds! I think it's about 9 now. Averaging around a pound per day! Started at 253 and was 244 this morning... I'm pleased but that's a fraction of yours!... Well done! I'm only managing to get in 3-500 calories though I would say. Actimal drink at breakfast then a protein shake, blitz soup later and tonight I had a bit of custard.... I'm managing to get a bit more down each day I think.

Curls40

I don't count calories,I've been having natural yoghurt for breakfast with puréed tinned peaches or rhubarb, was having complan vanilla or protein shake, but gone off them, sou for lunch , just started on purée veggies for dinner , and been eating laughing cow cheeses triangles as a snack , not because I'm hungry but because I live the taste of. Cheese , Watching dr Rutledge clips on u tube thou,people don't seem to follow a liquid, / puréed diet after surgery thou, Going back to the start of my wls before I started the tier three I was 20.7 stone now 17 .8 , lbs,, this was last September

Marcos

Morning curls,I've a few questions I hope you can answer or anyone's contribution would be appreciated as shoppings not my forte.what vitamins is recommended or what are u you all taking,what medication should I get to stop hair loss that they warn us with,is readybrek ok for breakfast,what yogurt with flavour can I buy,they say I can eat crispbread is that riveta or crackerbread or something else,is there any sweetner we can take,can we eat peas,baked beans,faggots,meatballs on puréed stage,anything u can warn is a no no.are tinned or pkt soups ok at early stages.im not hungry either,I have to Eat to live not live to eat.i did a boo boo last nite two complementary bottles of water in mini fridge I swigged one taking two gulps only to find it was fizzy,now I know carbonated drinks are off the menu blows your pouch up like a balloon.other than this I feel fine still haven't had any bowel movement though since Tuesday & had no vomiting which I thought would have been inevitable.yet.

Curls40

Morning curls,I've a few questions I hope you can answer or anyone's contribution would be appreciated as shoppings not my forte.what vitamins is recommended or what are u you all taking,what medication should I get to stop hair loss that they warn us with,is readybrek ok for breakfast,what yogurt with flavour can I buy,they say I can eat crispbread is that riveta or crackerbread or something else,is there any sweetner we can take,can we eat peas,baked beans,faggots,meatballs on puréed stage,anything u can warn is a no no.are tinned or pkt soups ok at early stages.im not hungry either,I have to Eat to live not live to eat.i did a boo boo last nite two complementary bottles of water in mini fridge I swigged one taking two gulps only to find it was fizzy,now I know carbonated drinks are off the menu blows your pouch up like a balloon.other than this I feel fine still haven't had any bowel movement though since Tuesday & had no vomiting which I thought would have been inevitable.yet.
I have been told not to take vitamins until six weeks after bypass, the spire hospital wrote a letter to my GP,with the list I will need ,I can remember vitamin d, multivitamins.
I take a anti acid pill everyday, was told to take this for 35days, but the last two days I've been having a little bit of acid,I'm into week three now After bypass.
You should still be on the
Liquid stage at the minute for two weeks then the purée stage for two weeks, then soft texture, then normal food, this is what was recommend for me, on my diet sheet.
Ready break ,yes,but I have been on oats so simple plain,as this is what I had in. Been putting three slices of banana in it before I heat in micorwave.one sachets lasts me twice.
You can make homemade soups in a slow Cooker ,then blend them up,I personally I got protein powder on prescription ,I used on liquid stage .but now on purée I don't really use it as having very soft scrambled egg daily,with a dash of soft cheese ,I also purée up chicken ,stews ,which I do in slow Cooker too.
I'm never hungry ,that part of our stomach that tells us we are hungry is not in our new stomach now, we have to remember to eat to live ,you are so right.
I've had n hair loss yet ,but I have very thick natural curls,

Mrs Z

I was started on vitamins and minerals when I began the LSD. Also started on lanzoperazole as soon as I was dated for surgery. I was given Adcal in hospital from post op day one and given a prescription for B12 every three months.

Every surgeon is different.

jan52

I'm using Gold standard 100% Whey protein isolates ( Amazon) + creatine. - Health span ( online) multi vits for Vegetarians, Veg- Omega 3 and iron care. Have asked my GP for B12 injections but she isn't playing ball yet... Been a Veggie for 42 years so recon I will need then. Plus anti acids Omnaprozole which is similar to lanzoprazole .

I have actomel yogurt drink for breakfast then a protein shake with creatine drink.... Half tin of any soup I fancy or make for lunch with 2 little cheddar crackers. Tea time something like a little lentil stew and mash or cracker with mushroom pate or cream cheese. If I'm very active I try for a second protein shake if I can fit it in as it's hard to get the large amount of protein needed been Vegi... And I was told our bodies use up our muscles etc before they start to burn fat so it's to protect/ replace what we are losing.
Went for dinner with friends last night ( who know) and I had a little ramekin dish of curry!.. Lush! And a small wedge of melon!... My first near normal food and it sat very well!
When I fancied something sweet the other day I had natural vanilla yogurt and that was very nice and I've had the Libertine blueberry 0% fat yogurt also.
Hope your starting to feel better now Marcos!

Llora

It is quiet. I checked last week to see updates but none.

Everyone must be so happy with their results they forgot to come back! Ha.

Or maybe too busy with their lifes now! ;)

But i am glad i am not the only one comming back to see if there were any updates here :) :)

Andie1962

Hi Everyone

I am doing ok still finding my way around what foods I can tolerate .I am 8 weeks post op tomorrow. Can't believe where the time has gone.
I can't eat noodles or pasta or pork as it seems to stick to my chest then comes back up I am wondering if that is dumping.?
Is anyone else having problems with any foods?
Funnily enough I read a lot of people can't tolerate bread .i have a sandwich with wholemeal bread for lunch most days and I am fine with it x

Llora

Hi Llora.... I'm doing okay! Steady away!... How about you?

I am fine too, thanks ;) dreading the weigh in day today ;) but hey! Only once a week i get this pleasure.

I still have my 'split' head moments as i call them. Where one part of my brain is telling me i am eating too much and the other part of the brain does understand that its not a lot at all ;)

Also trying to establish some kind of new routine that could form into new healthy/better habits long term (for example having tea by itself and getting rid of the craving to have cake or cookie with it!) But its hard! I just end up not having tea :) because there wont be something sweet with it! ;)

i am actually excited to try new dishes and foods post op! :) (yep still craving prawns, wasnt brave enough to eat them yet). Even though i do feel like wasting my time when i need to cook for myself only (lunch for example). So i am looking for something easy but healthy. things that i could just take out of the fridge and have without too much fussing around.. :) (i have to have at least 7different ideas that i would not get bored) and then for dinner when i eat with my husband i can cook something :) then At least someone is going to eat a bit more of that food which i worked so hard on and put all my love into it :)

Weight wise i am fine. Of course i would love it to go away way faster.. Actually i would love to go to sleep and then just wake up all slim and without saggy bits ;) (wouldnt we all???!) but i know its not how the things work so i try to look at a bigger picture and not concentrate on the weekly numbers i get to see on the scales. Because its just feels better that way :)

I do have some short term goals that i could celebrate my little moments while heading towards my big end goal :)