• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

September 2014 Surgeries

Feeling better than last night, up and dressed sat in chair, had three walks, really,want to go to bed but not allowed.

Remember, every day it gets easier. :)

Thank you ladies for your support , I'm home now, getting stronger each day, still sore all over,wounds very tender, had a better night in hospital last night , cannot take the capol liquid they have given me, it's vile, my mum says I'm being a drama queen!

Thank you ladies for your support , I'm home now, getting stronger each day, still sore all over,wounds very tender, had a better night in hospital last night , cannot take the capol liquid they have given me, it's vile, my mum says I'm being a drama queen!

Tell your Mum you're doing fabulously. Or alternatively, up the drama big time - you won't get looked after for long, make the most of it. :queen: :8855:

Ahh Curls glad you're feeling better. My mums looking after me next week so I imagine I'll be hearing similar lol

I asked my GP to prescribe me paracetamol in suppositories. That has been my lifesaver as liquid paracetamol/calpol made me sick.
http://uk.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Feel loads better thanks. They put me on lactulose and after one dose was pushing the loo all day so not taken any more until today. Half dose today and rushed the loo within 10 minutes. So maybe no more lactulose..

Maybe i should try that.. As i keep taking senna (what my nurse recomended) every day and still go to the toilet only every third day if i am lucky :(

I hated my liquid paracetamol.. But still took it.. Because when i tried the six plus calpol sugar free strawberry one it tasted even worse for me.. And i was so sore that i actually just stuck with it. Made sure i took it when i was having soup or something to wash down the flavour.. Or chewable centrum vitamins used to kill the bad flavour very well too :)

I hated my liquid paracetamol.. But still took it.. Because when i tried the six plus calpol sugar free strawberry one it tasted even worse for me.. And i was so sore that i actually just stuck with it. Made sure i took it when i was having soup or something to wash down the flavour.. Or chewable centrum vitamins used to kill the bad flavour very well too :)
It's the calpol six plus that I have been given,I just can't get on with it, if I'm desperate I will, but I'm just sore and can handle that , shoulder pain feels better after a sleep in my own bed,and I've started to let wind off at last so that is helping,I've been not told about vitamins until I'm on solids about six weeks time they said, just been giving some acid pills to settle my smoatch.

Hi everyone, I've been lurking in the background for quite a while reading everyone's posts and thought it was about time I joined in. I had a bypass on the 9th of September at Countess of Chester. It took a long time to get to that point, but was so worth the wait and the effort. I was quite lucky in the end, I had my multi disciplinary assessment on the 3rd September in the the morning, the team met in the afternoon to discuss the cases, and I got a phone call on the 4th offering me the op for the 9th. I only had to do the pre op diet for 5 days. I don't know what I did in those five days, I was in a state of shock. I don't think I expected them to say yes, yet alone get it so quickly! I didn't tell many people that I was going in as I hadn't really got my head around it myself! Anyway, enough rambling on, just wanted to say hi to everyone, and to thank people for sharing their experiences, it's helped me a great deal. :) X

Hi Curls40, I also found the Calpol medicine revolting, have you tried the Calpol 6 plus fastmelts, they dissolve on your tongue? They work out a bit more expensive than the liquid but I don't think they taste as bad. They're also great for keeping in your bag when you're out. X

Hi Curls40, I also found the Calpol medicine revolting, have you tried the Calpol 6 plus fastmelts, they dissolve on your tongue? They work out a bit more expensive than the liquid but I don't think they taste as bad. They're also great for keeping in your bag when you're out. X
I can't take them either, it's the bits in them, to be honest I'm not really in pain ATM just stiff ,sore and tender, which I can handle,

to be honest I'm not really in pain ATM just stiff ,sore and tender,

I actually questioned if mine had really been done. Got the holes in my belly but no pain. None at all. I was in agony for weeks after my cholecystectomy. Daft I know but so many strange things go through your mind post op!

Hope you feel better today Curls x

I actually questioned if mine had really been done. Got the holes in my belly but no pain. None at all. I was in agony for weeks after my cholecystectomy. Daft I know but so many strange things go through your mind post op! Hope you feel better today Curls x
Yes I am thank you, had half a cup of tea and half a glass of vanilla protein drink, not sure if it's ok to drink that as not on my list ,but it contains milk and I feel fine, two hours later,

It sounds similar to a slim fast type thing Curls, so would have thought it's fine.

How's the water drinking going?

My son brought me in a protein shake yesterday. I tried it and it was so thick and sickly I nearly had I get a spoon to eat it with.

It sounds similar to a slim fast type thing Curls, so would have thought it's fine. How's the water drinking going?
It's the same as milk really , got them on offer at tesco in chiller, I've one glass of water this morning , I'm finding I have no taste buds, but just made a water based carrot,sweet potato and butternut soup flavoured with a lamb stock cube ,in the slow cooker, so once blended and watered down.this will help with fluids.is it normal to have a dry mouth no matter if you are drinking ?

I actually questioned if mine had really been done. Got the holes in my belly but no pain. None at all. I was in agony for weeks after my cholecystectomy. Daft I know but so many strange things go through your mind post op!

Hope you feel better today Curls x

I'm not feeling as much pain as I thought I would either. Took some pain killers before be just in case I'm sore over night.

Back