• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

September surgery

Maria61

Just been to Luton Hospital to see surgeon Mr Jain and anaesthetist and got operation date for bypass of 19 September, sooo excited. Best of all I met the lovely Bling Babe who has supported me through my ups and downs on this forum to help me get this far xxx

Bling Babe

Just been to Luton Hospital to see surgeon Mr Jain and anaesthetist and got operation date for bypass of 19 September, sooo excited. Best of all I met the lovely Bling Babe who has supported me through my ups and downs on this forum to help me get this far xxx
Ditto :hugs:Xx

Laaux

I'm so glad it all went well & I'm really excited for you that your date is fast approaching. Best of luck and keep us all posted x

Bling Babe

So had prevop assessment today and all went very well. The staff at Luton Hospital have all been amazing. All set for gastric bypass on 19 September
Hi from a very hot Mauritius ☀️Have been getting withdrawal symptoms so just had to check in, so pleased for you lovely the countdown is on..... kind thanks to Hotel Rui for putting weighing scales in our room On day 5 I'd put on 2kg !!! Part of me thinks oh well it's the last holiday when I can the other part does not want to undo half of my hard work so far, no prizes for guessing which part of me is winning at the moment. Take care lovely Xxxx

Maria61

Hi from a very hot Mauritius ☀️Have been getting withdrawal symptoms so just had to check in, so pleased for you lovely the countdown is on..... kind thanks to Hotel Rui for putting weighing scales in our room On day 5 I'd put on 2kg !!! Part of me thinks oh well it's the last holiday when I can the other part does not want to undo half of my hard work so far, no prizes for guessing which part of me is winning at the moment. Take care lovely Xxxx
Lovely to hear from you, ignore the scales until you come home. It feels very strange to be on the milk diet again from tomorrow and big countdown starting xxxxx

Sunshine99

Hi @Maria61

Good Luck, hope it all goes well for you.
I'm having mine tomorrow.
We'l be on Septembers Losers Bench together.

Toni :rainbow:

Maria61

Good luck to you sunshine, I am starting milk diet today, so real start of this adventure xxxx
Day 1 of pre op milk diet and terrible stomach upset again. This happened when I did the milk diet previously for a few days. Off to bed now to try to calm my stomach down

FeeBee

I hope today's a more settled day for you x

Sunshine99

Hi @Maria61

Glad your feeling a bit better . The LSD does get easier, I struggled the first 2 days of it. But, by day 4 to 5 was feeling much better .
No one said this journey was going to be easy. We just have to get through it best we can.
We'll have to ride the storm for a while ( months probably)
It's a big change from our old way of eating.
......But, keep remembering after a storm comes a lovely rainbow to look forwards to.
Keep going hun....you can do this!

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:Toni :rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Maria61

Hi @Maria61

Glad your feeling a bit better . The LSD does get easier, I struggled the first 2 days of it. But, by day 4 to 5 was feeling much better .
No one said this journey was going to be easy. We just have to get through it best we can.
We'll have to ride the storm for a while ( months probably)
It's a big change from our old way of eating.
......But, keep remembering after a storm comes a lovely rainbow to look forwards to.
Keep going hun....you can do this!

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:Toni :rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:
Hi Sunshine how did your op go. Hope you are ok. Please let me know, love and hugs xxxx

Sunshine99

So sorry sunshine just saw cancelled on day, really really sorry xxxx
I've just got to persevere, And be patient......I will get there! :)

Maria61

I've just got to persevere, And be patient......I will get there! :)
Did they say how long you have to wait for a new date sunshine? You can call the PALS office at the hospital to ask as there are guidelines for this. My surgery due on 19 September is also onNHS so this could happen to me. Good luck xx

Sunshine99

Did they say how long you have to wait for a new date sunshine? You can call the PALS office at the hospital to ask as there are guidelines for this. My surgery due on 19 September is also onNHS so this could happen to me. Good luck xx
I should get offered another date within 39 days. That's what my consultant told me today anyhow, when he rang me.
So not too long really.
You not got long!
I think you'll be in before me though.
The good news though, ... my consultant said I only have to do 1 week on the LSD this time....not the two weeks. :)

Maria61

I should get offered another date within 39 days. That's what my consultant told me today anyhow, when he rang me.
So not too long really.
You not got long!
I think you'll be in before me though.
The good news though, ... my consultant said I only have to do 1 week on the LSD this time....not the two weeks. :)
At least that is something sunshine. I hope you get a date very soon and I am so sorry you were cancelled. It must be so hard to get psyched up for this surgery and for this to happen. I am sure we will both be so happy when we get it done xx