• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Shock Pre-op Appointment

Awalsh90

HI

I was referred for WLS in July from Aintree hospital, at the time the referral was for the Stoke hospital. I rang up in at the beginning on November and they confirmed the current waiting times 2 10-12 months, meaning it would be May-July 2019. Bummer.

Then on the 30/11/2018, I got a letter stating that all surgeries for Stoke had been cancelled for the patients that come from Lancashire, Cumbria or Merseyside, as the contract had ended, but it said to call them to discuss moving your appointment, elsewhere.

So here we are Monday, I rang up the number this morning and spoke to a lovely lady who explained that she will pass my details on the Phoenix Healthcare who are taking over the patients, who will be in touch. She explained that the Surgery is like to take place within 8 weeks!!!

4 hours later, I get a call from the Phoenix Healthcare who have no booked me in for a pre-op consultation on Friday!!!!

My Question - I have put on a little weight since my last appointment in July, Nothing Major, but I'm worried this will sit badly with the team. I was just expecting to have more time. What do you think??

Irene44

HI

I was referred for WLS in July from Aintree hospital, at the time the referral was for the Stoke hospital. I rang up in at the beginning on November and they confirmed the current waiting times 2 10-12 months, meaning it would be May-July 2019. Bummer.

Then on the 30/11/2018, I got a letter stating that all surgeries for Stoke had been cancelled for the patients that come from Lancashire, Cumbria or Merseyside, as the contract had ended, but it said to call them to discuss moving your appointment, elsewhere.

So here we are Monday, I rang up the number this morning and spoke to a lovely lady who explained that she will pass my details on the Phoenix Healthcare who are taking over the patients, who will be in touch. She explained that the Surgery is like to take place within 8 weeks!!!

4 hours later, I get a call from the Phoenix Healthcare who have no booked me in for a pre-op consultation on Friday!!!!

My Question - I have put on a little weight since my last appointment in July, Nothing Major, but I'm worried this will sit badly with the team. I was just expecting to have more time. What do you think??

Hi and welcome :). Congratulations on your upcoming WLS. Think you should maybe do the milk diet. It will drop some weight for you hun xx

Irene44

Thanks, I will give it a go, They sent a diet sheet over for the re-op, which is just an 800 cal a day sheet, but a couple of days on the milk diet will also help.

It will it’s a great way of dropping some pounds babe keep the WLS team happy x

Bling Babe

Wow congratulations your in the same situation as Jackiesfatplan she’s also being moved from Stoke so maybe hopefully surgery buddies, the milk will shift a few pounds. Looking forward to your next update xxx

Jackiesfatplan

Hi im same got my letter fri she said surgery will be 6 weeks away aswell to me still waiting for my call bk from them with a date where is it they have transfered u to im same situation as u finished anitree feb put on stokes list told 12 mnth then recieved same letter i too am waiting a call

Jackiesfatplan

Tbh im bit pissed off i rang fri and still waiting on a phone call bk when i read u got ur in 4 hrs i was shocked anyway ive rang bk and asked why i havnt had the call bk she never said it could be a diffrent place so i guess its same place as ur havimg ur so pls spill the info she said oh maybe she was higher up list which i went on list in feb so its not that anyway im they have emailed them as they were expecting me to be called on friday so we checked they have right number so maybe they will call soon until then pls spill info u have were they sending us ect ...ps good luck fri take note book and camera as ill be quizzing u i got told Manchester area is that right

Jackiesfatplan

Suppose im lucky they didnt ring as i was in hospital all weekend bet ur so excited and shocked as its been a long jourey liverpool then waiting for stoke now it going to be so quick were not goibg to know whats hit us it will be that quick good luck

Maria61

Tbh im bit pissed off i rang fri and still waiting on a phone call bk when i read u got ur in 4 hrs i was shocked anyway ive rang bk and asked why i havnt had the call bk she never said it could be a diffrent place so i guess its same place as ur havimg ur so pls spill the info she said oh maybe she was higher up list which i went on list in feb so its not that anyway im they have emailed them as they were expecting me to be called on friday so we checked they have right number so maybe they will call soon until then pls spill info u have were they sending us ect ...ps good luck fri take note book and camera as ill be quizzing u i got told Manchester area is that right
Hope you hear soon Jackie xx

Awalsh90

I'm sorry for not getting back. I live in Skelmersdale, I've been passed over to the Phoenix Health Care group. I had my assessment this morning, everything went well. You have a 40-minute presentation, which is basically a refresher course on the surgeries and then 20 mins with a consultant and 20 mins with the dietician. Whilst in the presentation the Dr advised us that the group that had there assessment last week are now all booked in for December Surgeries, so ours are likely to be earlier January.

I followed the milk plan Tue, Wed and Thursday, by Friday morning I have lost 5 pounds, so when I was weighed I wasn't far off what I was when I left Aintree. The dietician was fine with this. The assessment was at a centre in Frodsham, but the surgery will be either The Alexandria in Cheadle or Nuffield Health in Chester.

Jackiesfatplan, - Did your letter give you a reference if it says Phoenix it will be the same company.

Jackiesfatplan

I'm sorry for not getting back. I live in Skelmersdale, I've been passed over to the Phoenix Health Care group. I had my assessment this morning, everything went well. You have a 40-minute presentation, which is basically a refresher course on the surgeries and then 20 mins with a consultant and 20 mins with the dietician. Whilst in the presentation the Dr advised us that the group that had there assessment last week are now all booked in for December Surgeries, so ours are likely to be earlier January.

I followed the milk plan Tue, Wed and Thursday, by Friday morning I have lost 5 pounds, so when I was weighed I wasn't far off what I was when I left Aintree. The dietician was fine with this. The assessment was at a centre in Frodsham, but the surgery will be either The Alexandria in Cheadle or Nuffield Health in Chester.

Jackiesfatplan, - Did your letter give you a reference if it says Phoenix it will be the same company.
Yes phoneix health has took over but my ref was calderdale which im been told is in huddersfield that explains why u got ur call bk earlier i tthinki still havnt had a call bk but been told the surgerys are happerning very quick and should be January

Jackiesfatplan

Yes phoneix health has took over but my ref was calderdale which im been told is in huddersfield that explains why u got ur call bk earlier i tthinki still havnt had a call bk but been told the surgerys are happerning very quick and should be January
Just looked at my letter the lady on phone said phoenix healthcare it doesnt say that on my letter my ref is calderdale

Jackiesfatplan

Do let us know when u get ur date carnt believe it happerning