• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hayleys pre-op diet xx

Hayley1121

Hi there just wanted to share my journey & timescale with you guys. I first went to my go at 19 to be referred for gastric surgery, I was denied. At 27 I went back again this time they referred me to Aintree hospital weight management service, it didn't take long at all to get my first appointment with them and I've now been going there for 11 months & started off by seeing my consultant who has been fantastic, I asked straight out what happens next & he told me there and them I would have to be with them at least 12 months. I saw the dietician and psychiatrist on the same day.. I didn't have a particular target they just wanted to see any form of weight loss. I attended an education session and support group and my last appointment was July 8th 2015 I had lost 9.4kg!

I have been approved for surgery and was told that my pre op would be on 11th September. I was so excited but also scared and nervous. :)

I then received a letter today saying my pre-op is now on the 23rd of October! By the time I attend the appointment I will have been waiting 16 weeks just to see the surgeon! I feel like I'm taking 1 step forward and 100 steps back! I just feel like it's never going to happen :( .

So better news I got a cancellation and had my pre-op on September 11th (my original date!) everything went great and my op was booked for October 20th.... Excited!

They rang me up a few days ago and brought my surgery forward to October 6th! Very excited & nervous at the same time, this is going to be the new improved me! I'm looking forward to being on the losers bench! :) :)

Statistics.....
Weight at beginning of my journey 134.5kg
Height 5' 3" (161cm)
Bust 52"
Waist 54"
Hips 62"

Weight at pre-op 125.4kg
Bust 50"
Waist 51"
Hips 59"

Weight now 21/09/15 124.9kg.

I am starting my pre-op diet tomorrow and I am going to keep record on here for my own peace of mind and for anyone else starting there's too, I'm scared and nervous that I'm going to fail but I know I need to stick to this to get to where I want to be. The new and improved, fit and slimmer me xx.

Sorry for such a long post I just wanted to share. Any advice & comments are welcome & greatly appreciated xx

Day one Breakfast- 1 small low fat yogurt, 1 cup tea with skimmed milk Lunch- 1small slice toast with low fat cream cheese 500ml flavoured water Dinner-2 slice lean bacon, scrambled eggs & 1/2 pitta bread

Last edited:
Day 2 Breakfast- 2 small slice toast with low fat cream cheese Lunch-small yogurt & 200mls of milk
Dinner- 2oz chicken breast, swede & carrots.

Last edited:
Hi Hayley,

Amazing news, your date is so soon ?

Hope you are feeling ok and wishing you all the best for the 6th xxx

Hi Hayley,
Well done on your journey so far your booked in the day after me can't believe how close it is x

Hi Hayley of God yes it's tough I didn't wake up hungry today though but making up for it since.
I'm having it done at Dolan Park, where are you booked in? Xx

Well day 4 on my pre op I'm not as hungry as yesterday so that's good but feeling very bloated and a dicky tummy not great x

Day 3
Breakfast- 200mls skimmed milk & 1 yogurt
Lunch- 200mls skimmed milk & 1 yogurt
Dinner- 2 slice lean bacon, 2 poached eggs & 1 slice toast

It is tough but all I keep thinking it's only 10 more days and the smaller I get my liver the better it is for me and the surgeon xx

So doing much better today, I don't feel hungry at all...so far! I have weighed myself today and in 3 days of being on the pre-op diet I've lost 1.5kg!

Breakfast- 200mls skimmed milk & 1 yogurt
Lunch- 200mls skimmed milk & 1yogurt

Well done Hayley that's good, iv just been food shopping for the kids was a bit tough but so much cheaper lol xx

Well done Hayley that's good, iv just been food shopping for the kids was a bit tough but so much cheaper lol xx

Thanks Hun, I wasn't really expecting to see much change so early but it was a nice surprise :)
I'm doing the food shop this afternoon :(

Yeah I did the same today got my vitamins and minerals, painkillers, water and some more mouth spray lol made me feel like I was having something from shopping too xx

Back