• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Shrinking from 25 stone......

Lottiewishes

I had my first appointment with the obesity clinic last fri.

The consultant said about wls and I was like NO no. But after reading about it and thinking about it non stop for the last few days. I think surgery is the answer.

Not sure which one yet. They do 2 atthe hospital where I will have it done. Luton. But can't remember what.

I was 25.1 when I went to the Dr's and asked if I could see someone about my weight in oct and I was 23.6 on fri with a BMI of 51.

This is the start of my long journey.

I am following sw-bit have lost the same 3-3 1/2 stone twice now I just can't keep it off.

Xxxxx

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Hello and welcome.

First things first, I have removed your duplicate posts, please bear with me if your posts don't show up straight away. As a new member, I have to approve them for you, so no need to keep reposting them.

Second, I see you have started this thread as a pre op diary, which is an excellent idea. Please just update this thread though as each new thread in the diary section creates a new diary.

My advice would be to spend plenty of time researching the surgical options available to you, none of them are an easy ride but we have plenty of members who have been there and done that.

I'm sure the hospital will see it as a good thing that you're doing slimming world (assuming that's what sw is?).

Good luck on your journey xx

Hannah2

Hi @Lottiewishes and welcome to the forum. There is a lot of info on here and the best advice is to do lots of research - it isn't just about getting through the operation, you need to think about your lifestyle, how things will change after the op and what your relationship is with food - you need to break or learn to deal with old habits - an operation is on your stomach and not your head so you need to work on both.

Best advice I can give is to read lots and think lots!

FeeBee

Hello and welcome :)

sandra overton

I had my first appointment with the obesity clinic last fri.

The consultant said about wls and I was like NO no. But after reading about it and thinking about it non stop for the last few days. I think surgery is the answer.

Not sure which one yet. They do 2 atthe hospital where I will have it done. Luton. But can't remember what.

I was 25.1 when I went to the Dr's and asked if I could see someone about my weight in oct and I was 23.6 on fri with a BMI of 51.

This is the start of my long journey.

I am following sw-bit have lost the same 3-3 1/2 stone twice now I just can't keep it off.

Xxxxx
Hello and welcome I'm with luton and dunstable too

Sianyx

Hi there! Welcome, I felt exactly the same, I have been researching the different surgeries for about a year now. I had no luck with my GP at first and gave up for a while but now I am just starting my journey, also at Luton. xx

Lottiewishes

Oh a few off us are at Luton :)

I got my letter from seeing the Dr at the Norfolk and Norwich university hospital. I phoned my Drs number and spoke to someone and said i would like to be considered for the Op, yesterday-she said its taking over a year. I said thats fine-gives me a chance to loose some more weight-NEVER an easy task-From what I have read so far I need to loose 10% of my starting weight-that was 23.6 ( I was 25.1) so i need to loose 33 lbs.

Luton is just over 100 miles from me 2 hours 10 mins-to the airport-the only thing I know in Luton-not sure where the hospital is.

I am following Slimming world ( sorry I always shorten it to SW) I Stayed the same this week, which isnt great-but better than a gain. I am TRYING to eat more protein as I have been reading a bit of the lifestyle after all the op and from what i have read you have to eat protein first then veg then carbs-so this is what I am doing, although now at teatime I am TRYING not to have pot, bread, rice pastas etc and just have meat/fish/quorn with veggies

Thanks for reading guys xxxxx

Hannah2

I did SW before my op as it can just be about healthy eating so it is a good basis before the op. Looks like your journey is starting now then - good luck and keep us posted on how things are going.

Lottiewishes

So had a good day food wise-been on plan :)

Reading through people journals on here :)

Going to buy a size 16 jumper in primark ( It s BEEN so long since i fitted into a normal high street store I am not sure IF they are true sizes) But frightened to get it any smaller in case they turn me down for WLS.

My GW would be a size 14-16 but I am NOT sure how much I will weigh then ( and have a big flabby tummy) Maybe 11-12 stone I am 5 f 7 in???? All this exciting BUT daunting stuff to think about!

xxxx

Lottiewishes

Hannah2 I cant get to your dairy as I dont have enough post sorry.

How tall are you hun?See your goal is 10 stone-you have done so well on your losses :)

xxxx

Lottiewishes

Had a good day, stayed on track with food.

Didnt get my top from primark ....but looking at some stuff on ebay :) in a size 16

Been reading some post today about how long you have to wait for surgery-this is going to be a LONG diary.

xxxx

Lottiewishes

Not had such a good day with food today-had to many almonds and peanuts ( but we are ALMOST at the end of Christmas snacks lOl) -I know they are healthy BUT still high in fat. Never mind wouldn't be human if I didnt slip up.

Bought lots of healthy food while out shopping today-spinach, cauliflowers, cabbage and broccoli so lots of healthy veggies.

Tried my first protein bar today too-Yuck cookies and cream from Holland and barret. NOT going to buy them again.

xxxxx

Lottiewishes

From reading other people diary maybe i got the 10% weight loss wrong and it need to be 5 % which would be down to 311.6 and i was 322 today so 13 lbs to go :) xxxx

countrywench

Hi,Lottie
You and I were about the same weight when I began my journey .. so I know how your feeling , coping carrying this weight every day isn't easy is it .. I had my band fitted last April at the age of 52 .. my knees are shot because of my weight all those years .. I don't seek pity because it's my own fault I'm in this predicament through my own greed ..
But I have now lost a staggering 100lbs .. my knees are still shot but now I can have them replaced because I am lighter and more fit ..
Please stay focused on the end game .. keep that in your mind .. take each and every day as it comes and sometimes each hour as I know how hard it's going to be ..
it's all a head game as most people on here will tell you .. one of the biggest things is actually telling the difference between real hunger or boredom .. Boredom is the cruel trick your brain plays on you through addiction to food .. it's a hard thing to master but so worth the fight ..
Me personally , I never bought clothes I wanted to fit into . Well at least not small size clothes anyway .. when I started I was a size 28/30 and tried not to buy anything until I could fit into a 22 ... I'm now in a 18/20 depending on the style ..
I know I would find having small clothes in my wardrobe a strain and would be a trigger to set me off eating through sheer stress and frustration ..
Tackle the head first and sort that out then it will get easier I promise ..
mindy
Xxxx

Bling Babe

Hi lottie you are really doing well and have clearly done a lot of research, I have found this forum invaluable and I'm so pleased I signed up the advice and support is so helpful, I also live in Norfolk and it usually takes me about 3 sometimes 3.5 hours to get to L and D but we do stop on route, usually for a costa !! It can be frustrating as the appointments are quite short, except for the first one but I just focus on the end result, well hopefully, do you have any comorbidities such as COPD or are you diabetic and do you know your BMI as these things make a difference at L and D in the assessment time, mine is 1 year but it's possible that yours could be 6 months, although this doesn't unfortunately mean, if accepted, you will have your surgery then it does only mean you get onto the list quicker, good luck with you journey x

Hannah2

Hi Lottie

I am only short - my 10 stone target in my stats is simply an interim target I set myself as I cannot remember being 10 stone. It is not based on a BMI value and it was not set by my surgeon. I might make it down to 10 stone, I might not, or I might set a lower target when I get down there - right now it still feels unachieveable, but I take things one day at a time and work at getting my head in the right place, which in my opinion is the key to successful WLS.

countrywench

Hi Lottie

I am only short - my 10 stone target in my stats is simply an interim target I set myself as I cannot remember being 10 stone. It is not based on a BMI value and it was not set by my surgeon. I might make it down to 10 stone, I might not, or I might set a lower target when I get down there - right now it still feels unachieveable, but I take things one day at a time and work at getting my head in the right place, which in my opinion is the key to successful WLS.

This is great advice ..
I also set my self a sensible achievable goal .. dropping from 25st 8lb to my goal of 16st was a good figure in my head .. weigh 16 size 16 .. that's how I want to be .. so when I get there , I can feel proud .. but who knows when I get there I may decide to drop a bit more ..
xxx

Lottiewishes

Hi,Lottie
You and I were about the same weight when I began my journey .. so I know how your feeling , coping carrying this weight every day isn't easy is it .. I had my band fitted last April at the age of 52 .. my knees are shot because of my weight all those years .. I don't seek pity because it's my own fault I'm in this predicament through my own greed ..
But I have now lost a staggering 100lbs .. my knees are still shot but now I can have them replaced because I am lighter and more fit ..
Please stay focused on the end game .. keep that in your mind .. take each and every day as it comes and sometimes each hour as I know how hard it's going to be ..
it's all a head game as most people on here will tell you .. one of the biggest things is actually telling the difference between real hunger or boredom .. Boredom is the cruel trick your brain plays on you through addiction to food .. it's a hard thing to master but so worth the fight ..
Me personally , I never bought clothes I wanted to fit into . Well at least not small size clothes anyway .. when I started I was a size 28/30 and tried not to buy anything until I could fit into a 22 ... I'm now in a 18/20 depending on the style ..
I know I would find having small clothes in my wardrobe a strain and would be a trigger to set me off eating through sheer stress and frustration ..
Tackle the head first and sort that out then it will get easier I promise ..
mindy
Xxxx

Carrying this much weight round is so hard...I buff just climbing the stairs.

Glad you can now have an op on your knees hun.

Yep I eat when I am bored and also ashamed to say binge eat. But I have been keeping a food diary and have noticed a pattern....I either do it 2 days before TOTM and when I don't eat enough during the day and binge eat after tea or in the eve. Now I have a pattern I am not sure what to do with it though!lol.

I have a jacket from asda in a 24 in our spare room and at the min that my next goal to get into I find it motivating to have it hanging up.

It's fab you are now an 18 well done...Can't wait to follow....even though it's a LONG way off.

Xxxxx