• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So…it's really happening!

Hi vikkip99 I opted for the spray as I was told by several people that sedation was no different to the feeling ect ... It is just to relax you.
And it's quicker I didn't want to be feeling sleepy all day with having 3 young children.
I don't want to put you off or worry you but it's better to be prepared plus it's different for everyone. . It was the worst experience I hated it .. only last 2 mins but felt like forever.
When I was having problems after surgery Mr jennings said if it carried on he wanted to do an endoscopy and told him if he does one of those again I want to be put to sleep lol.

Hope everything goes ok for u xx

Ah rite. Think ill go for that too. 2 mins is that all!! Lol. I read on internet it takes 60 mins.. im the same have a 5 yr old amd a 2 yr old. Also didnt want to be sleepy all day either. How long was ur op after endoscopy?x

They are lovely and keep u very calm.
Oh my days if it took 60 mins I would of done a runner lol ... The camera is in literally 2 mins
..just be prepared the spray is bloody awful.
They rang me the same day with appointment for operation.
Endoscopy 16th December
Admitted 3rd January
Operation 4th January

To be honest it all went so quick from having camera I had to start liver shrinking diet on 27th December which made it more real.
Keep me updated how things go and all the best.
Quite new to it all but any questions just give me a shout.
Xx

Haha so would i. Thanks for that. Thays great if they ring same day. Ill have loads to sort out with kids nd partners work nd stuff. Im tryin to get meself in mood now for lsd diet. Been havin mainly shakes throughout day along with loads of water. Im tryin not think of food unless its for kids or partner like. But thank you i will keep intouch x

Mrsppluss3- I think I remember you from endoscopy. I also had only the throat spray.

I agree that the full feeling is very strange. I can only manage about two tbsp of pure before I feel full and start to feel the food getting stuck. I also agree that things don't taste the same after blending but it's tolerable so I'm not that worried about that. I find the strangest thing is that I have not rely hungry for a whole week, this is something I am definitely not used to lol. X

Vickip99- the endoscopy is not a great experience but if you can just try very hard to stay calm it is over with very quickly. Good luck Hun x

Ok so I Am now one week past surgery.
Physically I am doing very well. Each day sees me feeling a little stronger which is great. I have however felt a little bit down today, this is not usual for me. I am usually of a cheery, sunny disposition with a smile on my face. Hmmm I must find something to put this right.

I got weighed for the first time since surgery today and I have lost 32 lb altogether. I am over the moon with that!!

My recovery is still going well. I am finding it easier to take all of my fluids on board now I am in to a routine and I have sorted out a few days worth of pure food based on the recommendations of the dietician so I am feeling quite happy with myself today.

Hi, I'm booked into Sunderland on 28th Jan and I'm just wondering how long did you stay in after op and what post op diet is like?

Hi sally, when did u have endoscopy? Mines wednesday at sunderland. Im just trying to work out when my op will be roughly. Sorry i cant gelp with pre op diet like as im not on it yet x

Vickip99- 32 lb is my weight loss from the day I went to seminar to now.

Sally1 - Sunderland take you in the day before your surgery and let you go home on the second day after surgery if you have managed some pure food that morning.
The post op diet is pure foods, four to six times per day having between two and four table spoons each time. The dietician will visit you before you are released from hospital and give you a booklet with diary advice on what foods and in what portion size to pure. To be honest the food seems quite scary at first but once you find what you can tolerate it's not bad. Water consumption is the hard bit. It seems like I constantly have a drink in my hand.

I got weighed for the first time since surgery today and I have lost 32 lb altogether. I am over the moon with that!!

My recovery is still going well. I am finding it easier to take all of my fluids on board now I am in to a routine and I have sorted out a few days worth of pure food based on the recommendations of the dietician so I am feeling quite happy with myself today.

That's a fantastic weight loss sunshine, well done....... I'm really pleased that you're recovering well.... My turn on Saturday, go on the ward on Friday afternoon, so you'll have to make some room on the loser bench for me :) xx

May chick - I have a space reserved especially for you! How are you feeling about it? Are you all ready to go? X

Sally1 - it's normal to be nervous however try not to stress to much. It really is not that bad...... Coming from me that's good as I'm a wimp!

So today is the first time I have been out of the house for any length of time since my opp and I am doing ok. I reduced my pain killers to one lot before bed yesterday. Today I have had to take paracetamol while I have been out but I'm coping quite well.

I have packed my bag ready for Friday.... I'm feeling nervous, never had a general anaesthetic before.. BUT at the same time I'm also very excited for all the good things that this op will bring, like being healthier and buying smaller cloths etc. Xxx

May chick - I understand what you are saying about the anaesthetic. I had a minor opp when I was a child but can't remember that so I was nervous about it too. I told the guy I was really nervous when he cane round to see me before going to theatre and he was really good at getting the relaxing drug in to me as soon as I was in the holding room. I remember nothing from about 30 seconds after that. They are really good at keeping you calm so try not to worry.

Oh and get whoever is collecting you to bring a pillow for the journey home. It is quite painful going over even small bumps but if you put the pillow over your tummy long ways and then fasten your seatbelt it gives it a little bit of support x

Back