• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So happy finally got my date :)

loz1310

Hi everyone,
Thank you for all your kind words. I was finally able to leave hospital yesterday very sleepy still. Hopefullylable to update you all soon. I’m I. The losers bench yayyy :)

slimkim

Hi everyone,
Thank you for all your kind words. I was finally able to leave hospital yesterday very sleepy still. Hopefullylable to update you all soon. I’m I. The losers bench yayyy :)

Congratulations on getting your surgery! Welcome to the losers bench!

Anniekins

I am so pleased for you and it must be a great relief. I hope your recovery goes well at home and take care of yourself. I am a step behind you and have my operation tomorrow so hopefully I will soon be on the bench with you..... fingers crossed!

Maria61

I am so pleased for you and it must be a great relief. I hope your recovery goes well at home and take care of yourself. I am a step behind you and have my operation tomorrow so hopefully I will soon be on the bench with you..... fingers crossed!
Good luck Anniekins xxx

Sarnie

Hi everyone,
Yay, glad you're ok, keep in touch when you feel up to it. xx

Sarnie

Good luck for tomorrow x

Irene44

Hi everyone,

Sleep and sip babe well done very happy for you xx

Bling Babe

Welcome to the losers bench, glad your home, listen to your body and sip sip sip sip xxx

loz1310

Welcome to the losers bench, glad your home, listen to your body and sip sip sip sip xxx
Hi Bling,
I’m sip sip-sipping, but I have to say I haven’t really felt as good as I hoped. I’m stuffy breathing my chest hurts and I feel totally full all the time. Even to the point of my tummy hurts. I’m sorry if this seems minor I’m normally very quick at recovery but this one I’m not feeling as good. I had a hatiaus hernia repaired which was in my chest at the same time and was ill while in hospital. I’m constantly tired and feel I overdo everything I’m trying to do. I’ve gone off hot drinks can’t drink the protein drinks and been told to have soup. Only managing small amounts which is expected. The chest pain I’m putting down to the hernia but the pain when I take a deep breath hurts all my chest. Not sure if I’m doing anything wrong. Sorry I feels like I’m moaning I’m not I’m hoping someone has had the same and can shed some light on it please xx

Maria61

Hi Bling,
I’m sip sip-sipping, but I have to say I haven’t really felt as good as I hoped. I’m stuffy breathing my chest hurts and I feel totally full all the time. Even to the point of my tummy hurts. I’m sorry if this seems minor I’m normally very quick at recovery but this one I’m not feeling as good. I had a hatiaus hernia repaired which was in my chest at the same time and was ill while in hospital. I’m constantly tired and feel I overdo everything I’m trying to do. I’ve gone off hot drinks can’t drink the protein drinks and been told to have soup. Only managing small amounts which is expected. The chest pain I’m putting down to the hernia but the pain when I take a deep breath hurts all my chest. Not sure if I’m doing anything wrong. Sorry I feels like I’m moaning I’m not I’m hoping someone has had the same and can shed some light on it please xx
Just remember you have had major surgery and it will take time to feel better. I could not bare tea or coffee for a while after surgery and went from being freezing cold to having hot flushes. I would give your team a call though if the chest pain continues. Good luck and hope you feel better soon xxxx

Irene44

Hi Bling,

Yes absolutely normal hun catch up with my diary. It gets better I promise:) once you get the first 6-10 days it all comes together:). Just keep sipping what you can xx

Bling Babe

Hi Bling,
Your not moaning at all so please don’t worry, it is still early days and things will improve, honestly. I would call your team regarding the chest pain, you have had major surgery and will feel completely washed out, the anaesthetic also causes this, I still can’t drink coffee, the occasional tassimo I can just about do but don’t really enjoy it like I used to. For now just try to get in whatever you can, mix some marvel milk with your soup before heating it for extra protein, Campbell’s condensed is good, the chicken can be blitz to remove the lumps,try some milk hot/cold for protein and protein yogurts can be made runnier by adding milk too.
I just checked my diary and on day 4 I had 1 litre of water, this included protein water made with unflavoured protein powder in no added sugar squash, 200mls milk and a third of a small pot of custard, and half a pouch of Arla protein yogurt so very very little.
Keep your chin up Loz you will improve just don’t expect too much too soon xxxx

Anniekins

Hi Loz, I do hope you are feeling a little better with each day. I do think the first few days at home you do worry as everything is so different to before the operation. I am a few days behind you and can’t offer you any advice other than take each day slowly and be kind to yourself.
Hope each day gets better and better for you.

loz1310

So it’s been 10 days since my bypass. I’ve not been on here much because I’ve been unwell. All I did for the first 7 days was sip water ( I couldn’t tolerate anything else although I did try ) I’m now able to have a little bit of soup blended down and with milk added for a thinning consistency. Everything seemed to be going fine and I finally managed to go to the toilet. I know think I’ve got a bit of dumping going on :( really not sure how or even why but I’ve definitely got the symptoms. My husband asked me to weigh myself but to be honest all I’m interested in is getting fitter and feeling better. I eventually did weigh myself and was so disappointed to find I’ve only lost 1kg since surgery. Although this did disappoint me I’ve looked at the longer road and goal. I know it’s going to take time so I’m asking how can I stop the dumping? I’m due to start phase 2 weds and I’m concerned the dumping will still be here. Any help is always appreciated xx

slimkim

Without knowing exactly what you ate it's hard to take a guess at what could be causing the dumping. Some common causes are the milk, as some people become lactose intolerant for a short while immediately after surgery. Switch to lactose free milk if this is the case. Also are you having any juice at all? This could cause dumping even if it says no added sugar. Also check the sugar content of your soup. If its higher than 15g per serving that could be the cause. You're body is in shock right now so don't worry about the scale. Getting some nutrients in will help all around. I hope you feel better soon.x

loz1310

Without knowing exactly what you ate it's hard to take a guess at what could be causing the dumping. Some common causes are the milk, as some people become lactose intolerant for a short while immediately after surgery. Switch to lactose free milk if this is the case. Also are you having any juice at all? This could cause dumping even if it says no added sugar. Also check the sugar content of your soup. If its higher than 15g per serving that could be the cause. You're body is in shock right now so don't worry about the scale. Getting some nutrients in will help all around. I hope you feel better soon.x
Thank you so much Kim. I had a problem with the milk on the pre op and hoped it would pass (maybe not) The soup content is 14g which is high I think, that’s what I put it down to. I’m going to make my own I think and hope that will help it. I’ve just picked up some different protein drinks fingers crossed. I’ve also been using the Arla protein yoghurts? All juice is sugar free squash.
Xx

loz1310

Hi Loz, I do hope you are feeling a little better with each day. I do think the first few days at home you do worry as everything is so different to before the operation. I am a few days behind you and can’t offer you any advice other than take each day slowly and be kind to yourself.
Hope each day gets better and better for you.
Thank you Anniekins. How are you getting on?

Sarnie

So it’s been 10 days since my bypass. I’ve not been on here much because I’ve been unwell. All I did for the first 7 days was sip water ( I couldn’t tolerate anything else although I did try ) I’m now able to have a little bit of soup blended down and with milk added for a thinning consistency. Everything seemed to be going fine and I finally managed to go to the toilet. I know think I’ve got a bit of dumping going on :( really not sure how or even why but I’ve definitely got the symptoms. My husband asked me to weigh myself but to be honest all I’m interested in is getting fitter and feeling better. I eventually did weigh myself and was so disappointed to find I’ve only lost 1kg since surgery. Although this did disappoint me I’ve looked at the longer road and goal. I know it’s going to take time so I’m asking how can I stop the dumping? I’m due to start phase 2 weds and I’m concerned the dumping will still be here. Any help is always appreciated xx
Sorry to hear you've not been well, I hope things start to improve for you x