• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So happy finally got my date :)

Thank you everyone. I’m always loose I have diverticulitis but am surprised with being this bad with milk. I’m drinking plenty and managing to rest in the evening. It’s not long now I’ll persevere it’s so important to me to have the bypass I don’t want to mess anything up x

Thank you everyone. I’m always loose I have diverticulitis but am surprised with being this bad with milk. I’m drinking plenty and managing to rest in the evening. It’s not long now I’ll persevere it’s so important to me to have the bypass I don’t want to mess anything up x
You are doing so well especially if milk is upsetting you this much but 8nwould call them to see if they can suggest an alternative, good luck x

Looking for a hotel to book. I know some of you needed to travel for Luton has anyone got any recommendations for hotels please? Xx

Looking for a hotel to book. I know some of you needed to travel for Luton has anyone got any recommendations for hotels please? Xx
If I remember rightly, when I looked, their was a Premier inn and a Travelodge nearby x

I think I should start a B&B as lovely Bling stayed with me for night before surgery lol. I live at Watford 20 minutes from Luton, good luck to you xxx
Really great guest house it was, lovely service and great company :hugs::hugs:xxxx

Im planning on getting a hotel near to hospital when my turn arrives in stoke on trent as i live miles and miles away and i think id like my hubby with me so he will be local to come see me ill also stop there night b4 so im near to hospital ready unless i go in night b4 each hospital is diffrent isnt it the way i heard of peoples opp being postsponed ill be booking on a free cancellation site like booking.com to be on safe side

Has ur diverticulitis been discussed with ur surgeon im asking as ive got that also ive had a bowel opp when i was in my 20s when i first started journey i asked if my previous bowel opp would affect bypass and surgeon said no but ive read on here people being changed to sleeve due to bowel not reaching and adhesion on bowel being trouble plus diverticulitis causing trouble im so hoping for a bypass but am worried my bowel trouble will force my to have sleeve instead

Has ur diverticulitis been discussed with ur surgeon im asking as ive got that also ive had a bowel opp when i was in my 20s when i first started journey i asked if my previous bowel opp would affect bypass and surgeon said no but ive read on here people being changed to sleeve due to bowel not reaching and adhesion on bowel being trouble plus diverticulitis causing trouble im so hoping for a bypass but am worried my bowel trouble will force my to have sleeve instead
Hi Jackie,
They have known about it from day one and it was them who advised me the bypass would be better for me. Hopefully everything will go ahead on Thursday xx

I think I should start a B&B as lovely Bling stayed with me for night before surgery lol. I live at Watford 20 minutes from Luton, good luck to you xxx
Right that when they decide is it once they see whats what im waiting bypass but wouldnt be surprised if i ended up sleeved due to previous bowel problems
Hopefully I can give you some positive news after it’s done. I have been told it will take a little longer due to me having 2 C sections and it’s near where they need to go. I’ve booked weds because I’ve to be there for 7am and I’m a morning one. Thursday night at the hotel because my husband wants to stay close. I’m at the understanding we go home the following day xx

Hi Jackie,
They have known about it from day one and it was them who advised me the bypass would be better for me. Hopefully everything will go ahead on Thursday xx
Oh it will do then yes i mentioned about my bowel trouble at start of journey and was told no problem bypass should be ok but as im reading diaries a few have been changed to a sleeve during surgery but im sure surgeons discuss this with u if theres a problem so if not been mentioned forget i said anything im wanting a bypass good luck to you

Hopefully I can give you some positive news after it’s done. I have been told it will take a little longer due to me having 2 C sections and it’s near where they need to go. I’ve booked weds because I’ve to be there for 7am and I’m a morning one. Thursday night at the hotel because my husband wants to stay close. I’m at the understanding we go home the following day xx
See i got told 2 nights after opp for bypass but like i said i live otherside from u and diffrent surgeons do thing diffrently so take no notice off me cause im pre opp ...id like my hubby in a hotel b and b down road as i live 200 miles away from my surgery so aslong as its practical ill do same as u stop near night b4 with hubby my appointments for my tier 3 where every 4 mnths so we just to make a few nights there like a mini holiday which included my wednesday afternoon appointment it helped with the long time scale

Good luck loz hope i havnt worried u with asking about bowel problems take no notice of me i honestly havnt got a clue im in a long wait for mine with too much time on my hands to read bad things but lots of good things on here aswell irene has diverticulitis and is 4 weeks post bypass today and doing great ..i think i may of read 2 bad post on here thats all and believe me ive done loads of reading ..lol..good luck on thursday update as soon as u feel up to it xx

Morning all :)

I'm looking for the best protein drinks for after surgery. Has anyone got any best flavour ones please?

xx

It will take a bit longer hun. I have had 3 C sections and a hysterectomy. Also diverticulitis and a hiatus hernia thrown in for good measure plus adhesions made my Surgeons job tricky but all went well and 4 weeks today and very happy :) xx. Good luck sweets xx

Back