• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So much *****ing ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my what a thread. I often think that the word 'ADVICE' is sometimes received as a negative as it feels like your mum or someone in authority spouting some words and for me personally, I just switch off. So I use the word 'suggestion' as an alternative and it seems to work for me and all around. As I say its just a suggestion . . .

Sophie I think most of us may have one or two foods that don't always "sit right" with us - mine are tuna and chicken, both of which I have to eat well-lubricated with gravy or low fat may or cottage cheese (gravy on tuna would be hideous lol) . Some days are fine, others it just gets stuck and causes discomfort. Give it a month then try eggs again perhaps, you might find you can suddenly tolerate them. it's a massive game of trial and error isn't it? I still wouldn't have it any other way though - I love my bypass! X x x

OMG! you lot are so mean and nasty stop picking on me :cry:

I promise I will stop the bad jokes ;)

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

My motto is "If you can't say anything nice keep your gob shut" :ignore:

I have been accused of not having a life as I am always here and for that I DON'T apologise.
I had a lot of help from members on here before and after my bypass. So I feel as if I should put something back where possible.
I will be here for as long as someone needs help or advice.
I have seen people come and go.
People who think they know it all and have done all the research come back to say "I'm not losing weight" or "I am putting weight back on". "What am I doing wrong?"
Bariatric surgery is changing all the time and not all the Doctors agree with each other about treatment.
Life happens very differently to the written word Just because something works for one person doesn't mean it will work for every one.
We are an invaluable source of information That any researcher would be proud to have at their finger tips.
Keep up the good work

Oh no we don't :D
Don't you dare :D
Here Here :D
I don't like confrontation in my real life (but won't back away from it either) so am certainly not going to log on here for a dose :rolleyes:
Shame some people seem to thrive on aggression but, c'est la vie :wave_cry: How's the tum doing, Wendy ? :D xx

Sophie I think most of us may have one or two foods that don't always "sit right" with us - mine are tuna and chicken, both of which I have to eat well-lubricated with gravy or low fat may or cottage cheese (gravy on tuna would be hideous lol) . Some days are fine, others it just gets stuck and causes discomfort. Give it a month then try eggs again perhaps, you might find you can suddenly tolerate them. it's a massive game of trial and error isn't it? I still wouldn't have it any other way though - I love my bypass! X x x

Hmmm!!! Gravy and Tuna:hmm:
:thinking2:

I'll be back after dinner :rotflmao::rotflmao:

[/COLOR]

Oh no we don't :D
Don't you dare :D
Here Here :D
I don't like confrontation in my real life (but won't back away from it either) so am certainly not going to log on here for a dose :rolleyes:
Shame some people seem to thrive on aggression but, c'est la vie :wave_cry: How's the tum doing, Wendy ? :D xx

Thank you Twink

I am feeling much better I had to have a check with the surgeon this morning and didn't have to get the baseball bat out. I will let you know more in a separate thread soon

lamornamiss said:
Hmmm!!! Gravy and Tuna:hmm:
:thinking2:

I'll be back after dinner :rotflmao::rotflmao:

Nom nom barf! :D

Well ladies that has took me some time to read all those posts, i was about 7 months post when i found this site and its what i'v been looking for since before my op, i find all the advice and suggestions helpful and mindblowing in some cases, i did do research but things change all the time and also hospitals have different ways and ideas to try and follow. I have really enjoyed finding out about things i had no idea even about, the choices i didn't make sleeve, band, etc. It is a shame that good things always get spolied its up to all us users to make it work and for the better, no need to be nasty a lot of people who use this site are needing help and support or one of the 2, or just putting their thought down on screen, to see if they are doing the correct thing, just looking for confirmation. All of our appointments are well spaced out and sometimes its difficult to speak to your hospital, so its always good to share with friends and i do think of all of you as friends. I agree we all have somehting in common too much weight wether it be now or it being in the passed. WE don't need to turn on ourselves the forum is for HELP. Sorry not usually here at this time have slipped down twice in school today hurt both my knees, shoulder and wrist come home after the 2nd fall had nice hot soak paracetamols got me jimjams on and here i am. Have a lovely afternoon girlies and boys if there are any on at the moment don't want to leave you out. xx

Chrisa you poor lamb. I hope you're being looked after and are feeling better soon!!
xx

Yes my husband isnt at work today so he's making tea, was supposed to going back to school at 6pm our kids have had a book published but have cancelled that for me wished them all luck before i left. Thanks x:cry:

I wonder if those who have been, "referred" to know who they are and have chosen not to post.

Nope I've just been really busy and only just seen this tread :D:D

Now I've been really quiet lately as I've been really busy with work and trying to stay alive so I'm sure this thread isn't about me :D:D Is it?

However I guess I would be guilty of being one of the "know it all's" who you and others are alluding to, who posts patronising comments that often seem harsh. I frankly couldn't care less what anyone thinks about my posts and anyone who thinks I'm a keyboard warrior who would never say the things I say to someones face, really doesn't know me at all :D I am a firm believer in telling it like it is without the kittens and rainbows approach and if people don't like what I say then use the ignore function.

If you want advice from those who have made this a success then take the rough with the smooth, they post years after they have reached goal because they care about your ultimate success, if you want me to tell you that its OK to drink booze two weeks out or eat crap at a month out then sorry but that particular shop is closed for business, there are plenty of sycophantic members here who post absolute drivel because they know no better and think that telling you everything will be OK is the best for you, it isn't but I'm sure they will satisfy your bad choice approval needs if you let them ;)

Karlos, my post that you have highlighted in no way referred to you.. There have been some ongoing threads where people have made personal really nasty attacks against others. In no way constructive or offering advice, just abusive.
I hope you're doing well/better and your direct advice and approach has been a miss!!
xx

I guess many people will think the cap is being measured for their head. But every individual may have a different instance in mind. I think recent threads are the freshest and they involve a couple of members.

We just all need to keep it real, keep it honest, but respect that we are all adults and not everyone accepts advice in all tones.

Happy days :D

Hiya hun.... i agree with you.... i havnt really been on or posted much as i had posted in a thread and then got a nasty pm on another site saying i was out of order for making a suggestion... i wouldnt mind if i had been out of order but all i said was..... why dont you try having toasted bread!!
anyway i hope you are all ok and doing well... hi to all the new peeps here and hope your weight loss journey is a sucessfull as mine so far x

Not in my case Karlos - you have always been really helpful with me and I for one appreciate that :) Even if I am now a Fage-a-holic!

I don't think it's the advice people have a problem with as most of the posts were not offering advice it was just plain nasty especially to one person and it is what I call play ground bullying and not very nice for other people to witness. X

suzie290304 said:
I don't think it's the advice people have a problem with as most of the posts were not offering advice it was just plain nasty especially to one person and it is what I call play ground bullying and not very nice for other people to witness. X

What was playground bullying? This thread was started over a argument yesterday. Not the weekend threads that got out of hand.

These days I use my diary, my weekly weight report thread & comment occasionally on odd threads of members I know from my part of the world or others whose advice I value from the start of my journey, occasionally those who ask for advice & I feel my experiences may help. But on the whole I am a silent watcher these days. I'm happy to help anyone who wants it but sometimes feel less is more.

i love it when Karlos chips in... he says it as it is and that is what we need whats the point in going round the houses. sorry to talk about you as the 3rd person Karlos lol.. but i do value your comments x

I have a day off the forum so I missed this .
Personally I try to be nice & helpful . If at any time I have offended anyone I apologise xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back