• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So much *****ing ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a newbie here, I can say I've never come up against any unpleasantness or bullying. I I'd read the thread that the argument was on yesterday and could see both sides of the argument.
I come on here for support, information and friendship and do far that's exactly what I've found. :)

Fuffs said:
What was playground bullying? This thread was started over a argument yesterday. Not the weekend threads that got out of hand.

Hi :) it was sharon's diary, I wouldn't of called it an argument it just seemed like one person making very negative comments which was what I call bullying as I look at it if that was my thread and someone said things like that to me it would make me not want to come back. But sorry if this post was on about some other thread their has been a few discussions lately lol x

What I find the most astounding is that some members receive nasty PM's......

Just my personal opinion but I don't think anyone should take any notice if such a thing happened.....i'd be posting the PM here for all to see plus naming and shaming :D

I don't like the "arguement" threads, but have to say i'm not keen on these type of ones either as ultimately all it does is give people more chance to moan groan and hold a grudge......plus of course they pull me in to... and i'd rather stay away, but hell, i'm human.
:beam:

suzie290304 said:
Hi :) it was sharon's diary, I wouldn't of called it an argument it just seemed like one person making very negative comments which was what I call bullying as I look at it if that was my thread and someone said things like that to me it would make me not want to come back. But sorry if this post was on about some other thread their has been a few discussions lately lol x

I have not read that diary. But have been messaged a caption from it that refers to me and another member making snide remarks.

I have never been nasty to Sharon. I tried to diffuse issues on her thread and was attacked for it. And next I am vilified. Another member got a private rude message. Not me as she ascertains.

I have had enough. I have done nothing and she makes me out to be a nasty, boring, bullying bypasser.

I will not be made to look like someone I am not! This has actually upset me a lot now x

been on this site since ? well over a year and nothing changes xx just accepted it and dont take anything to heart xx its a forum after all x

;)
I have not read that diary. But have been messaged a caption from it that refers to me and another member making snide remarks.

I have never been nasty to Sharon. I tried to diffuse issues on her thread and was attacked for it. And next I am vilified. Another member got a private rude message. Not me as she ascertains.

I have had enough. I have done nothing and she makes me out to be a nasty, boring, bullying bypasser.

I will not be made to look like someone I am not! This has actually upset me a lot now x

There are somethings we just have to rise above its all to easy to sink to the same level very quickly. Thankfully i was sleeping when all this occurred. xx;)

chrisa said:
;)

There are somethings we just have to rise above its all to easy to sink to the same level very quickly. Thankfully i was sleeping when all this occurred. xx;)

I will try my best to rise above it. Just hate bull. If people are honest I can cope. But lies drive me insane.

Ok... Breathe.., calmness xx

Karlos said:
Nope I've just been really busy and only just seen this tread :D:D

Now I've been really quiet lately as I've been really busy with work and trying to stay alive so I'm sure this thread isn't about me :D:D Is it?

However I guess I would be guilty of being one of the "know it all's" who you and others are alluding to, who posts patronising comments that often seem harsh. I frankly couldn't care less what anyone thinks about my posts and anyone who thinks I'm a keyboard warrior who would never say the things I say to someones face, really doesn't know me at all :D I am a firm believer in telling it like it is without the kittens and rainbows approach and if people don't like what I say then use the ignore function.

If you want advice from those who have made this a success then take the rough with the smooth, they post years after they have reached goal because they care about your ultimate success, if you want me to tell you that its OK to drink booze two weeks out or eat crap at a month out then sorry but that particular shop is closed for business, there are plenty of sycophantic members here who post absolute drivel because they know no better and think that telling you everything will be OK is the best for you, it isn't but I'm sure they will satisfy your bad choice approval needs if you let them ;)

That particular shop is closed for business!!!
Lol Karlos! You have a great way with words.
And I am grateful to you,shelbell and other forum members that have been around a long time to offer your experience/advice to me when ive really needed it.

Don't be upset, Sophie ... you are none of those things & those of us who have taken the time to get to know you, are fully aware that your motivations were to help not bully :rolleyes: mwah xxx

I will try my best to rise above it. Just hate bull. If people are honest I can cope. But lies drive me insane.

Ok... Breathe.., calmness xx

Yeah its a raw deal, at least we are people that can move on and learn from it, there are those who can't, just keep breathing girl in and out in and out. Its done now all out in the open. xx You know who your friends are.xx THats whats importantxx:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

If anyone receives abusive private messages simply forward them to one of the moderators.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I'd agree that things said/aimed at you were wrong and uncalled for....i've never noticed you be anything other than sweet and helpful....but so were the comments made on Sharon's post op diary thread (unneccessary and uncalled for)(not by you) so it seems to me some people are just trying to "get back at her" which to me is so 14 year old school girlish :(

As a relative newbie to this site, the date on the side bit is from when I joined minimins, I have read a lot of posts and only commented on a few. I feel I am not far enough along this journey to be offering much in the way of advice. What I find discouraging is the lack of harmony that prevails is causing people with experiences that I and other newbies could gain from not to post. This thread has proven that point, if I needed any further proof where are the people from Leeds major centre for WLS, Yorkshire people are not known for their tact. This said, I have as I said i've read many many threads and only one person seems not to be able to let something drop and brings it up again and again in a negative way. I do hope this persons weight loss journey is successful as it seems to me they have other issues to work on. No doubt what I have said is controversial and I will be black listed etc, but....

Sorry I didn't mean to do it ;):p

Fuffs said:

Oh no didn't mean that thread it's her new diary x

angeeb said:
I'd agree that things said/aimed at you were wrong and uncalled for....i've never noticed you be anything other than sweet and helpful....but so were the comments made on Sharon's post op diary thread (unneccessary and uncalled for)(not by you) so it seems to me some people are just trying to "get back at her" which to me is so 14 year old school girlish :(

Yes Sophie you have been nothing but sweet and helpful, and it's this new thread what angeeb is talking about yes it was very uncalled for by one person. So I hope I haven't upset you because I think you might have not seen the new thread x

Karlos, my post that you have highlighted in no way referred to you.. There have been some ongoing threads where people have made personal really nasty attacks against others. In no way constructive or offering advice, just abusive.
I hope you're doing well/better and your direct advice and approach has been a miss!!
xx

No it's fine hun I didn't take it personally LOL My tongue was firmly planted in my cheek

However I am really annoyed that there have been interesting threads recently that I've missed, I get a tad bored of the "is it OK to eat crisps at week one if it's a flavour that I don't normally like" LOL or "what have you eaten today? I ate half a peeled grape and didn't feel any restriction have I broken my pouch?" stuff LOL In future if there is something I should see can someone please send me an email to my Blackberry LOL

As for nasty PMs well I've had lots as you'd expect, ranging from "Everyone says you're just a knob" to "I hope your cancer kills you quickly" but it's just water of a duck's back to me. I never give anyone I have never met (Nor most people that I have LOL) the power to effect the way I feel. This is a great resource if you use it correctly and take the good advice from those who know what they are talking about because they've lived it, the drama and other tripe is just froth and wind to be honest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back