• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So this is where it started...

fingers crossed :)

That's excellent news.

All the very best for your meet up, do let us know how it all pans out for you x

That's so fantastic you've got a date! I'm sure the time will fly.

Hopefully it'll be in there in pen soon, then it's definitely definite in this house ;)

I was surprised at my sleep study as I only had to wear a monitor on my finger attached to a machine I could take home.

But yes, another step closer for you.

When I did my sleep test I had to strap a small box to my chest and tape a finger monitor so it stayed in place for the night felt strange but got use to it when I got my results back it turns out I woke up a few times all within normal range

Little bit disheartened again today, op is scheduled for 4 weeks today, had my pre op today, my BP was 164/108, its always been on the high ish side around 140 but never enough to warrant treatment, never this high, the nurse said she cant ok me with that so need to get it rechecked next week, now im stressing how to lower it which is stressing me out as if I didnt have enough to stress about :blahblah: do you think im stressed :banana_dancer:

you sound stressed yes :)
It sounds like you're anxious too which is understandable. I was and am on BP med before my op but my reading was still on the high side at my pre-op and they just put it down to that. I know it's a cliche but taking deep breathes and staying calm does help. Is it worth talking to your GP? I wonder if they might let you wear a monitor for 24 hours. It's a total ballache but it will show that either you do have high BP which they need to know to make sure your op happens when you are physically in good shape or that you have 'white coat syndrome' which is when your BP is actually OK it just gets higher when they take it if that makes sense?

I also had high BP prior srgery (don't know about now) and was waiting for the pracice to fit a 24 hour monitor (which is actually 13 hours). My BP is high when I see doctors. I had to have mine rechecked at the second pre op (first was out of date) and she checked with the nurse. Mine was similar to yours and my surgery went ahead. Obs I can't guarantee this for you, but a lot of overweight people also have high bp and its about being safe for surgery.

When I was getting tested pre-op my bp was high. The lovely nurse said that I had to stop thinking so much and take four really deep breaths in and out and then repeat it. Lo and behold my bop dropped to where it should have been and my oxygen levels corrected the self too.

It is stressful at the doctors when so much is riding on getting this approval. So you do need to work out a way to show them that you can do this. Practice this at home so you have it working well for your next appointment.

Good luck

Thank you all, theres been no caffeine, no alcohol, no salt and lots of green and fruit tea consumed the last couple of days, maybe too little too late but anythings worth a try :rolleyes:

It really can't hurt :) good luck x

Well my bp check was today, first reading, stupidly high, lowest reading was 148/101 got to go back thursday then phone the pre op department with the result and see what they say Im just eating and drinking as healthy as possible and trying to remain calm, hope everyone else is well :)

Its provisional dependant on sleep study n psychology but looks like im being done at the alexandra so pencilled in for november the 4th, so many emotions :)o_O
I had mine with Ammori at the Alexandra-I must say everyone was lovely and great. The care was amazing. Good luck with everything ;)

The fact it came down shows it's being affected at least to some degree by the stress of the situation. I've everything crossed for you :) x

Ops just been cancelled for the 4th due to the professor ammori no longer doing surgeries privately at the alexandra Just have to wait now to be rescheduled, feel like the worlds plotting against me xx

Back