• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

st richards hospital.

hi angelpie
i am going into st rich's this saturday for a bypass with shaw somers
have only 1 day left of the milk diet. i was referred in aug 08 had my consultation in april 2009 and op june 13 2009.
love kate

it does seem if you live in sussex you get date alot quicker than if you live outside area as i live in hamoshire and have waited 15 months and debbie jane is in surrey and she has had same wait.
So unfair.

so maybe ur wait wont be too long

julie x

:sign0144: I am awaiting surgery would like to hear from anyone going to same hosp or has been there for gastric band.:)
Hi Angelpie

I am waitng for St Richards to re open their waiting list as it is presently closed.
I don't know whether I will have band or by pass.
I know there are a klot of people on the active list still waitng. St Richards were expecting 200 referrals last year and they got 600. My PCT thought the list would be reopened for new cases in the autumn. Apparently there are a lot of surgeries booked for July and Oct is a busy month too.
My PCT thought I would have to wait til the autumn to have my first appointment and then surgery early next year.

I hope you don' t have to wait as long as I will Angel. Good luck

WAITING FOR BYPASS SURGERY

HELLO EVERY1
IM NEW ON HERE AND NOT VERY GOOD ON COMPUTERS SO PLEASE FORGIVE ME.
IM WAITING FOR BYPASS AT ST RICHARDS IAM LOOKING FORWARD TO IT BUT AM SCARED TO.CAN ANY1 HELP:wave_cry:

hi fizzypeach
does that effect people who have already seen the surgeon do u know? ive seen mr slater and hes put on my letter expect op in 4 to 5 months time. thanks hun
mandy xx

hi again i was told about 5 months after seeing consultant but its actuall 7.5 months by the time i have my op dont wanna depress anyone hopefully list will move quicker

love julie

It does seem if you live in sussex you get date alot quicker than if you live outside area as i live in hamoshire and have waited 15 months and debbie jane is in surrey and she has had same wait.
So unfair.

so maybe ur wait wont be too long

julie x
Well I live in Sussex and I seem to be waiting alot longer than others elsewhere in the country so I don't agree with that I'm afraid Julie! Some people I've read on here were seen by the consultant after me yet are getting operation dates before me! I guess its just the luck of the draw. Spikey

I just phoned st richards and they told me the list has only been closed for new referalls and it will be closed for a few months until they catch up . luv karen:)
hi karen
sorry to be thick
does that mean if youve already seen surgeon etc that your ok?
luv mandy x

thanks darling.xx

Back