• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Starting to get really fed up!

charliegirl

Just want to have a moan, its monday morning and the postman has been no appointment for Mr Ammori. I have tried calling the secretary no reply so left a message. Why does it feel like you have to constantly nag to get answers? It's our right to be told what is happening but communication seems to be really poor. I cannot help but get frustrated no matter how hard I try not to I just feel totally in the dark all the time. Someone please say something nice to give me hope......... Does not help that I have just had a blazing row with someone from Npower saying I owe them money when I dont....I have been arguing this for months. What is it these days that the customer is always wrong!...she has said the money was repaid to me but as god and my bank statements can testify this has not happened. She would not let me geta word in edge ways and I have lodged a complaint about her. I would get shot if I was like that in my job all our calls are recorded and we get told to turn a blind eye when people eff and jeff and us "because we get paid to take it" :sigh: Linda x

Linda you are a strong person and you can ride this wait out. Keep on at them and you know you'll get there eventually. You can do this x

Thanks shel, just been to the clinic at St Mary's to chase up the letter for the PCT stating that I had attended with them last year on the food for thought course. Why oh why do people not communicate. They had received a call from the PCT direct asking for this and so decided they would write direct to her! Whats wrong with them picking up the phone to tell me this????? I was the one requesting this info and should have been kept in the loop. Its so frustrating....anyway the letter has still not been typed (been two weeks) but they should do it tomorrow....no reply back from Mr Ammori's secretary so I am going to call PALS and get them to find out whats going on. My worry is that the referral letter has not been sent to him and I have already waited three weeks. Not long I know but there is the 18 week rule that still applies.....rant over......Linda xx

Ride the storm there is always a silver lining.x

Stick with it Linda - your time will come!!!! You are being amazingly patient under the circumstances, and playing the waiting game is no fun - just remember all good things are worth waiting for xx

Thanks everyone for your support, I just want to start losing weight and get green with envy when everyone else is and I am still gaining.....I have involved PALS now and got them to chase up the appointment. Have dug out some wool and now knitting a lovely Spring witch, there are four in the collection and I first knitted one donkeys years ago. It gives me something to do with my hands, stops my mind wandering and stops me eating....Linda x

Oh hun you must feel like screaming! keep on them you will get progress babe just stay strong xx

Hi Linda

Im sending you a hug! I hope this helps. Keep strong as I am going to need you to help hold me up.

sarah

I really need something positive to happen and soon, to wait is one thing but at the end of this the PCT could still say no.....:( Linda x

Just had a return call from PALS at Manchester Royal. They are unable to trace any referral from Dr New at Hope hospital!!!!!!! what is going on with the postal service in this country......I have given her the details of Dr New's secretary and letting her sort it out. That's another three weeks of waiting only to find the letter is not where it should be......I am getting so fed up with this and I am sure I would not feel so stressed and frustrated if the referral system worked a tad better.....Linda x:mad:

Hi Linda, i don't know if you read any of my posts when i first joined the forum about my problems with the pct and dietician. The posts have been removed now. But i seemed to have one problem after the other. Miscommunications, postal problems, misunderstandings, wrong information, the right hand not knowing what the left hand was doing etc etc and it got to the stage where i was so upset about it all, i had to stop myself thinking about it all, stayed away from the forum and everything that reminded me of it.

In the end it turned out well and i have my surgery booked for october 21st....only 3 weeks away. I believe it is a lesson in patience, something i have very little of, however, i do believe it has done me well having to wait and be more tolerant of the services available and the fact that there is a lot of human error. That's not to say it's easy, it's flippin hard, but it is also worth it.

Don't feel bad about nagging. If you didn't nag, it wouldn't get done. You need to fight for your cause, because no one else is going to.

Chin up chook, it will happen. Find something to get your mind off it and relieve the stress.

Just had a return call from PALS at Manchester Royal. They are unable to trace any referral from Dr New at Hope hospital!!!!!!! what is going on with the postal service in this country......I have given her the details of Dr New's secretary and letting her sort it out. That's another three weeks of waiting only to find the letter is not where it should be......I am getting so fed up with this and I am sure I would not feel so stressed and frustrated if the referral system worked a tad better.....Linda x:mad:
Hi Charliegirl.

I'm new to this and only just registered but I thought I'd let you know that I live in Preston too and my GP has just written to some clinic in Chorley for me to set the ball rolling for my request for a Gastric band. She said she will put it in writing to them but that this place in Chorley will do everything they can to either put me off or to give reasons why I'm not eligible. I only went to the doc on friday so I'll let you know what happens

Mintball x x x

What a nightmare Linda! Keep on at them, stay strong. Keep records and if it comes to it file a complaint.

Mintball, welcome to the forum :)

thanks Shel, didn't know these sites existed. My husband will love the fact that I can pester other people with all my questions instead of me expecting a 6ft..... 12 1/2 stone man to understand what the heck i'm jabbering on about.

thanx, mintball

Hi Linda, i don't know if you read any of my posts when i first joined the forum about my problems with the pct and dietician. The posts have been removed now. But i seemed to have one problem after the other. Miscommunications, postal problems, misunderstandings, wrong information, the right hand not knowing what the left hand was doing etc etc and it got to the stage where i was so upset about it all, i had to stop myself thinking about it all, stayed away from the forum and everything that reminded me of it.

In the end it turned out well and i have my surgery booked for october 21st....only 3 weeks away. I believe it is a lesson in patience, something i have very little of, however, i do believe it has done me well having to wait and be more tolerant of the services available and the fact that there is a lot of human error. That's not to say it's easy, it's flippin hard, but it is also worth it.

Don't feel bad about nagging. If you didn't nag, it wouldn't get done. You need to fight for your cause, because no one else is going to.

Chin up chook, it will happen. Find something to get your mind off it and relieve the stress.

Thanks wobbles its good to know someone else has been through this....I think because the lady at the PCT kept telling me in her opinion I did not qualify is what is sitting at the back of my mind, on good days I think she was saying that to save money and put me off, on bad days I think she knows what she is talking about etc etc....today us TOTM and I ALWAYS get negative you could run a calendar from they way my posts go negative at this time of the month.....Lol....Linda x

What a nightmare Linda! Keep on at them, stay strong. Keep records and if it comes to it file a complaint.

Thanks shell, I keep thinking in a few weeks I will have something more positive and then the few weeks go by and I am still thinking "in a few weeks" etc....Linda x

Hi Charliegirl.

I'm new to this and only just registered but I thought I'd let you know that I live in Preston too and my GP has just written to some clinic in Chorley for me to set the ball rolling for my request for a Gastric band. She said she will put it in writing to them but that this place in Chorley will do everything they can to either put me off or to give reasons why I'm not eligible. I only went to the doc on friday so I'll let you know what happens

Mintball x x x

Hi Mintball welcome to Minis.....I am not sure were your GP has written to in chorley unless its part of the PCT but I look forward to following your progress. How much weight do you have to lose and what option are you wanting bypass or banding? They are a lovely friendly lot on here and have kept me going many a time. I keep thinking I will stay away as it gets painfully reading about others successes but at the same time I am so nosey I can't help putting my two penneth worth in.....lol...Linda x

hi Charliegirl and good luck in your journey. Im also new, and i read this thread with interest. Am i missing out on something lol,? my gp just said ok, and gave ne a reference number to arrange an appointment with the hospital and the Surgeon? I see other people having GP's writing letters to clinics etc, is this private or NHS ?
Sorry to be so nosey lol, but im kinda wondering if i am missing something or if my PCT works differently

All PCTs work very differently Elffie, unfortunately! In some areas the process is really simple (like yours by the sound of it) and in some areas you have to jump through hoop after hoop, and it can take a loooong time.

Welcome to Mini's by the way :D

hi Charliegirl and good luck in your journey. Im also new, and i read this thread with interest. Am i missing out on something lol,? my gp just said ok, and gave ne a reference number to arrange an appointment with the hospital and the Surgeon? I see other people having GP's writing letters to clinics etc, is this private or NHS ?
Sorry to be so nosey lol, but im kinda wondering if i am missing something or if my PCT works differently

Hi welcome to Minis, can I ask what area you live in? I cannot believe the hassle I am having and I am about to give up.....good luck on your quest...Linda x

Back