• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Starting to get really fed up!

Just received a call from Mr Ammori's secretary there is absolutely no trace of a referral from Dr New. I read out the letter I had with Mr Ammori's bit on the bottom and the secretary is most puzzled. She is calling Dr New's secretary direct (but she goes home at 4pm so another day to wait). I have totally had enough of this and I cannot continue its like a comedy of errors and I am the only victim. Mind you that's not quite correct she said I was not the only one whose referral had gone astray. What with that and having to wait another 5 days for the sleep apnea results its just not worth it. I really cannot keep putting myself through the ups and downs of something with no guarantee at the end of it. Sorry to everyone on here I cannot keep posting it hurts too much...Linda x

Hi welcome to Minis, can I ask what area you live in? I cannot believe the hassle I am having and I am about to give up.....good luck on your quest...Linda x

Hiya

I live in Bradford, the NICE criteria listed on the BOSPA site for my local PCT is BMI 40+, mine is 46.
But i have just been reading another thread and some have had their referrals refused and they have to attend weight management, im hoping that doesnt happen.
Also, some have said that their GP sorted funding out, now im not sure if mine has/will do, to be honest shes not got a clue as she has never referred anyone before. Now im worried as nothing ever runs smoothly for me, think i need to make a call in the morning. :sigh:

Elfive I am sat here in tears, I am sick of doing the work for the NHS. Dont get me wrong I know they work hard I used to be a medical secretary but so far that is 4 letters from the NHS that have either not been sent of somehow got lost in the post and I find it hard to believe this can happen to just one person. My GP had never referred before hence I am doing all the donkey work to get things sorted. I dont begrudge anyone getting their funding but I keep thinking I am getting passed by. I have the PCT woman saying going to weight management at Hope I get referred there and then the same woman tells me thats wrong! I pointed out to her that it was her department that told me to go there. I dont know now if she is trying to help or cover her tracks. I just want to lose weight and get my life back, to stop having the most horrendous headaches and get a life that does not include wearing pjyamas all the time....nothing ever goes straight forward for me I end up fighting for every thing and I just dont think I have any fight left in me...Linda x

Finally a lovely helpful secretary, Lousia Mr Ammoris secretary has called again and sorted out an appointment to see him on tuesday night at 7.45pm. At the Riverside which is attached to the alexandra hospital. I explained to her all the problems I have been having and she has said that once I have spoken to Mr Ammori if he recommends me for surgery he will dictate a letter to her with a date for surgery in it. Lousia will then fax it over to the PCT to request funding. She said she has never known the PCT to refuse once he has recommended it. I am sorry for my out burst of near mass hysteria, I have given myself a headache. I have lousias mobile and office number and she said the PCT reply quickly and she is known for pestering them. I am off to make a brew going to the cinema in an hour and need a shower.....sorry again folks for being negative.....Linda x:wave_cry:

Linda

dont be sorry, if you need to vent and express then im suer this is probably the best place for it.
im sorry you have had the run around but i can see that light there at the end, and you will feel better knowing things are going faster, via fax is better than snail mail. I am watching out for you now and fingers crossed for your next post saying you got your date.
Keep your head up as it sounds like you have been through the worst and the best is yet to come :)

wow lind
thats fantastic news hun...
really pleased for you chick let me know how you get off im excited for you now xxxx
emma

Hi Linda, so pleased you have finally got some progress, you know where i am babe if you ever feel down don't sit and suffer alone xx

Thanks to everyone for their kind thoughts and words of encouragement. I have just been to the cinema with a friend who does not know about this and would not understand my reasons for wanting it so badly. It gave me time to digest everything even though my head is thumping (it was a very loud film too!). I will keep everyone posted and will never ever rely on the royal mail again. Just think if I had not phoned up I would of been sat here waiting for ever because the referral had not gone anywhere!...Linda x

you're doing great Linda. I understand how frustrating it can be, it took me a looooong time to get funding too! I'd got to stage where if they said no then I was going to go private if it killed me. So many times I felt like giving up, it seemed like a pipe dream, but I got there and so will you.

Prepare yourself though, I found that when I got the funding it was like a knock to the head because I'd fought for it for so long it seemed hard to process actually getting it, if that makes sense!

I think I kind of know what you mean as I have now got the date to see the surgeon it seems rather surreal, its a very strange feeling to be honest. I wonder if anyone else has attended Riverside (part of Spire Hospital)? She told me its a small bungalow down a dirt track! As I am going at night 7.45pm it will be a bit daunting finding the place. I have managed to get a friend to come with me but I would have preferred to go alone jsut dont want to end up lost down a dirt track in the dark and probably pouring down lol.....Linda x

OMG congrats Linda :) Bet your on a high today...well when it sinks in :p
I bet you're glad you did that chasing as it has definatley paid off for you. BIG smiles !!! I'd be grinning from ear to ear lol

You will find the place fine, and good luck :D

Maxine
xx

Maxine it seems very surreal at the moment, I keep thinking something will go wrong at the last minute and I feel like I am holding my breath...thankfully i am off work for a short while so I dont have to have the hassle of that stress on top of everything thats happening and I have to say I slept very well last night....Linda x

I can only imagine, hoepfully mine will come one day lol. But I can understand the sleeping, when i went to my GP on monday I slept like a baby that night. I had worked myself up so much over the week before, more than I thought too, expecting her to say no to me being referred, and the relief, even in her office I was in tears ( wuss, lol). So that night I was still expecting her to ring and say she had changed her mind lol.
god help me when I do get further into the process (notice i say When and not IF ...positive thinking eh? :) )

So chill out time for you now, relax and enjoy the fact you have a date, do you have to wait long ?

Not long to wait tuesday night. I remember when I went to my GP I thought he would say no. I had spent well over two years with another GP there trying all sorts of tablets, gym and weight loss clinic all to no avail. I was stressed because I never ever thought there would be anything after that and each time I attended with the female GP and failed to lose weight I was more and more scared she would wash her hands of me she was getting very inpatient with me towards the end. I spoke at length to the nurse there and she was very understanding I told her I would like surgery and she recommended I see a particular doctor in the practice that was more understanding so I did and was shaking like a leaf, I had done my research for BMI/PCT etc and was ready for his questions. He did not hesitate to say yes but thats only a referral remember not the end result. He did not know what to do and thought he gave me the number for call and book but the secretary said it did not work that way and he had to apply to the PCT for funding. It was only by accident that I spoke to the PCT and she rightly or wrongly said I should go to Hope or Aintree hospital for weight management for a period of time as the PCT would say no in her opinion. Thats when my GP got the bal rolling with Dr New who referred me to the surgeon. The PCT did say I had to attend weight management for two years and my GP has written back to appeal saying I have been trying with them since feb 2006 I think the PCT have put this on hold waiting to see what the surgeon says. I really hope you dont have such a frustrating time as me like I said its not the process its all the missing letters! I know I hang around looking out the window in my pyjamas and bra less but its not such a bad sight he misses my house all together lol....Linda x

lol. I'm sure if you saw him running past you would have chased him :D well i would have done anyway.
I still havent rung the PCT so Thats it now, going to make a coffee and ring them, at least I will know the process and ease my mind a bit ...lol yeah right, I'll find something else to worry about, I cant believe I have turned into such a worrywart

Maxine
xx

Maxine your def not on your own there I worry if I have nothing to worry about lol...I am so use to getting crap out of life I expect everything to go wrong. I do try to look positive but I think its a case of taking one day at a time. I keep thinking they will call me up and tell me I cant have my appointment on tuesday for some reason. Its terrible to think we dont deserve a bit of good luck but in reality we do both us and others like us deserve a lucky break. I should know something a bit more positive on tuesday if he thinks I warrant the surgery I will be asking how definite it is with the PCT. I will keep you posted....chin up we will get somewhere eventually.....Linda x

Linda, what is your BMI if you don't mind me asking? I hope it all goes well with the appointment. It sounds like you deserve a break.

Lisa x x x

Linda, what is your BMI if you don't mind me asking? I hope it all goes well with the appointment. It sounds like you deserve a break.

Lisa x x x

Lisa it was 35 when I started the process now it gone to 36 and still growing. I have high blood pressure, high cholestrol and probably sleep apnea, just waiting for the results from that. I also get a lot of headaches when I wake which is a symptom of the apnea. It ruins my life as out of 7 days I can get a headache 5 days as you can imagine its does not leave me much quality of life as nothing shifts them. Linda x

sounds familiar! Well good luck, i've got everything crossed for you. With hindsight I just wish I had begged my GP to really fight for me in the letter she wrote. It was only after i'd seen doc that i found this forum and knew what the process was, but if i'm not happy with what she wrote I will put forward something myself

Lisa x x x

Back